ImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Kerr - This group can be "Special."

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,697

Re: Steve Kerr - This group can be "Special." 

Post#41 » by DAWill1128 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm

We have to climb the standings because I don't like the 9th or 10th seed scenario. As it stands we would have to beat the Lakers in LA. Then fly to Dallas or New Orleans and beat them.

The Lakers matchup free throw differential makes it to where they have to play a perfect game. Last playoffs they beat us 160-80 at the line. The last game they beat us 43-16. The free throw disparity is just massive and if it takes place in LA it will be an incredibly challenging game to win.

Even if we beat the Lakers you play an away game vs Dallas or New Orleans as it stands.

New Orleans is probably the most athletic team in the NBA and they've given us troubles. Dallas has two guys that can suck the air out of the room and play slow iso ball.

I like our chances better in a 7 game vs the #1 or #2 seed than the win twice on the road play in scenario.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#42 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:51 pm

Big J wrote:The Kuminga Curry P&R with Kuminga as the ball handler and Curry the screener would be literally unstoppable if we actually did it. Kuminga with a head of steam and nobody wanting to help off of Curry.

We should practice this.
Kuminga’s passing has improved and now Kuminga is a decent passer.

But Kuminga is no Draymond level passer. Kuminga might not always get the ball to Curry when he should get the ball to Curry.

In theory your Kuminga Curry Pick and Roll sounds great.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#43 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:02 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
B-King wrote:The line-up has some possibilities, but the free throw disparity when playing teams like the Lakers and Nuggets will be our downfall.

I like that Kuminga is drawing fouls to get to the line because of his physicality and aggressiveness. So, it's encouraging to see that refs are going to start respecting that part of his game as he furthers into his pro career.

No one else on this team does that other than Curry, who gets trashed around and makes those ridiculous circus-like layups and makes them.. and gets no calls at least 90% of the time. He could easily average 30+ points a game throughout his career, but the refs/NBA doesn't want him to do that.

A good foul drawer can bail out a falterring offense.

You do want to train your refs. Conditioning the refs to think Kuminga deserves a foul called on his defender every play would take Kuminga to the next level.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Post#44 » by Big J » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:11 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Big J wrote:The Kuminga Curry P&R with Kuminga as the ball handler and Curry the screener would be literally unstoppable if we actually did it. Kuminga with a head of steam and nobody wanting to help off of Curry.

We should practice this.
Kuminga’s passing has improved and now Kuminga is a decent passer.

But Kuminga is no Draymond level passer. Kuminga might not always get the ball to Curry when he should get the ball to Curry.

In theory your Kuminga Curry Pick and Roll sounds great.

Yea, Kuminga has shown decent ability to find the open guy with the pass. He's much more spatially aware with the ball than Klay, Wiggins & Moody.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,325

Post#45 » by NeoWarriors » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Golden State Warriors ProToast Elite Toaster using RealGM mobile app
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,120

Re: Steve Kerr - This group can be 

Post#46 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:03 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sent from my Golden State Warriors ProToast Elite Toaster using RealGM mobile app

Defense leads to offense, who knew
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#47 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:31 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:
Read on Twitter

Podz and Kuminga are anchors for this teams future imo
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,648

Post#48 » by GSWFan1994 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:36 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
NeoWarriors wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, well... looks like we've got a Sherlock Holmes over here, :lol:
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#49 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:55 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:Defense leads to offense, who knew

Well, well... looks like we've got a Sherlock Holmes over here, :lol:

lol

....ya #$%#$ ;)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#50 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:27 am

The offensive fire power is special.
The offensive fire power could play off each other better.

The defense is not so good but Wiggins seems to play better defense every game.
I like Santos energy.

Opposing teams should not be happy about playing the Warriors in tge first round of the playoffs.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,166

Post#51 » by TB » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:52 pm

Seems like the realistic goal should be to get into that 7/8 spot to avoid needing to win 2 straight play-in games. Obviously 6th seed is the dream but lots of teams and wins separate those spots from us.

Feels like Suns and Mavs are trending in the positive direction, so I think passing them may be tricky.

That would leave the Lakers/Kings/Pelicans (although Pelicans been on a heater too) as the teams we need to get past.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Post#52 » by Big J » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:15 pm

Kerr knows his ****.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#53 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:19 pm

Big J wrote:Kerr knows his ****.

He does and he doesn't.

You're welcome for that hard hittin analysis.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#54 » by watch1958 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:50 pm

TB wrote:Seems like the realistic goal should be to get into that 7/8 spot to avoid needing to win 2 straight play-in games. Obviously 6th seed is the dream but lots of teams and wins separate those spots from us.

Feels like Suns and Mavs are trending in the positive direction, so I think passing them may be tricky.

That would leave the Lakers/Kings/Pelicans (although Pelicans been on a heater too) as the teams we need to get past.
6 isn’t that daunting, as long as we play well. Only 3 more losses.

So just win, and see what happens.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,398

Post#55 » by Onus » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:13 pm

watch1958 wrote:
TB wrote:Seems like the realistic goal should be to get into that 7/8 spot to avoid needing to win 2 straight play-in games. Obviously 6th seed is the dream but lots of teams and wins separate those spots from us.

6 isn’t that daunting, as long as we play well. Only 3 more losses.

So just win, and see what happens.

5th seed is up for grabs. 22 losses to our 25 losses. Have one of the easiest schedules remaining.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,113

Post#56 » by whatisacenter » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:17 pm

Not sure how sustainable playing small ball is but the increased pace and defensive intensity has been a welcome change.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,403

Post#57 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:09 am

whatisacenter wrote:Not sure how sustainable playing small ball is but the increased pace and defensive intensity has been a welcome change.

That’s the thing, I don’t think they are playing small ball. Green is small, but plays big. Wiggins and JK also can play some at PF.

Small ball is when Kerr was rolling out 3-4 guard lineups. With some of those guards not being able to guard anyone. What an idiot to try that. Meanwhile the one or two bigs in that lineup got blamed for not covering their man but also the man the other smalls was guarding. It was complete insanity.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,113

Post#58 » by whatisacenter » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:32 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:Not sure how sustainable playing small ball is but the increased pace and defensive intensity has been a welcome change.

That’s the thing, I don’t think they are playing small ball. Green is small, but plays big. Wiggins and JK also can play some at PF.

Small ball is when Kerr was rolling out 3-4 guard lineups. With some of those guards not being able to guard anyone. What an idiot to try that. Meanwhile the one or two bigs in that lineup got blamed for not covering their man but also the man the other smalls was guarding. It was complete insanity.

I mean, going small started in the first finals when they went with Draymond at center in place of Bogut. It works but doing it for long stretches may not be feasible.....time will tell. The problem is that Looney and Saric slow down the pace and are not a plus on defense so they really don't have a choice unless they want to go with TJD.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,834

Post#59 » by floppymoose » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:48 am

Saric has just fallen off a cliff. Earlier in the season he had one of the best +- on the team. Now he's at -1.4 per 100 possessions. He had to be really bad recently to get to -1.4 from a high positive value in a short time.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,403

Post#60 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:03 am

whatisacenter wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:

I mean, going small started in the first finals when they went with Draymond at center in place of Bogut. It works but doing it for long stretches may not be feasible.....time will tell. The problem is that Looney and Saric slow down the pace and are not a plus on defense so they really don't have a choice unless they want to go with TJD.

That was in the past when there was one large slow center to exploit on the other team. These days centers can keep up well with the guards even the big ones. Kerr tried to take it smaller to get the same advantage which was idiotic on his part. That he went so long with what didn’t work shows me how slow and unadaptable he was. He really can’t adjust on the fly.

Thankfully the right rotation landed on his lap, because he was freezing Kuminga a month and half ago. Had Dray didn’t get suspended and CP3 didn’t break his hand, this season was over.

Return to Golden State Warriors