ImageImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on if Dunleavy Jr DOESN'T make a move?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Re: Thoughts on if Dunleavy Jr DOESN'T make a move? 

Post#441 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:06 pm

Read on Twitter
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 484

Post#442 » by ahmetmekin » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:11 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

He is a regular goat. If he were an ibex, then I would have trusted him.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#443 » by cpower » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:14 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Giannis coming to town
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#444 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:17 pm

I find the whole nothing about cp3 thing weird.

No team is even inquiring and mjd isn't exploring. That contract has to have some value. Not even a nibble?
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,240

Post#445 » by EvanZ » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:24 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I find the whole nothing about cp3 thing weird.

No team is even inquiring and mjd isn't exploring. That contract has to have some value. Not even a nibble?

they don't want to take back salary
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,290

Post#446 » by xdrta+ » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:28 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I find the whole nothing about cp3 thing weird.

Has more value after the season.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,398

Post#447 » by Onus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:29 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Please MDJ go back to sleep. There's nothing for us from the Bucks
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#448 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:31 pm

yeah, unless we're getting Lillard please go back to bed :lol:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Onus
RealGM

Post#449 » by Onus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:35 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:yeah, unless we're getting Lillard please go back to bed :lol:

I don't even want Lillard. Giannis now wake me up
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#450 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:07 pm

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:CP3 should be gone. He doesn’t match what the Warriors do. Unless they want to run two teams. The starters being about defense and pushing the opportunity. And CP3 runs the second unit where players are more deliberate with the possessions and play a half court offense.

Ideally I like to get Miles Bridges for the starting unit and move Klay to the bench where Paul would play a ball control offense that uses up the clock and mitigate the second unit defensive liability.

A small to mid size speedy defender is what I want too. What do you think about Caruso?

Maybe we already have what I want in Payton. I know Payton can be a disruptive defender but I am not as sure about Payton shutting down dribbles without gambling. I am not sure that Payton is as fast as he was before Dillion Brooks injured him in 2022.

Caruso is a good player. And like you said we already have a player like him. I don’t think Caruso takes this team to the finals. I think they should just have GP2 rest, rehab, and strengthen until a month before the playoffs if the team makes it. Hopefully he can recover enough to go full speed.

I think Bridges would put this team as legitimate competition. That with finding a big or point center/forward to relieve Draymond. The small defensive lineup works, but they haven’t tried it against Denver & Bucks. I rather not use up Draymond before the postseason. Ideally I like to get TJD enough experience where he’s useable by playoffs, but well Kerr… good luck with playing anyone over 6ft 6.

Any new addition pushes Klay to the bench which is where he belongs unless they want to lose in the playoffs. Klay will let his ego go off and try to do too much offense and too little defense during the playoffs to recapture past glory. And I don’t think Kerr can rein him in. If he makes the shots great, the team can be net neutral given his defense otherwise it will be ugly. It won’t be good for Klay’s psyche either to put him in position to fail. If he costs the team a series, I don’t think he can recover mentally from that. I rather have the team win and if it means hurting Klay’s feelings slightly so be it. He will feel better when the team collectively does better.

Klay is probably better than most on our board think he is. In the last game Klay led the team in plus minus. The player we add will only push Klay to the bench if the player we add is NBA starter level good.

Even if we add a player that reduces Klay’s minutes to 15 minutes a game I think I want those 15 minutes to be with Draymond and Curry because they know how to play together.

I also think Klay has surprisingly good chemistry with Trayce Davis.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,301

Post#451 » by Impuniti » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:36 pm

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
A small to mid size speedy defender is what I want too. What do you think about Caruso?

Maybe we already have what I want in Payton. I know Payton can be a disruptive defender but I am not as sure about Payton shutting down dribbles without gambling. I am not sure that Payton is as fast as he was before Dillion Brooks injured him in 2022.

Caruso is a good player. And like you said we already have a player like him. I don’t think Caruso takes this team to the finals. I think they should just have GP2 rest, rehab, and strengthen until a month before the playoffs if the team makes it. Hopefully he can recover enough to go full speed.

I think Bridges would put this team as legitimate competition. That with finding a big or point center/forward to relieve Draymond. The small defensive lineup works, but they haven’t tried it against Denver & Bucks. I rather not use up Draymond before the postseason. Ideally I like to get TJD enough experience where he’s useable by playoffs, but well Kerr… good luck with playing anyone over 6ft 6.

Any new addition pushes Klay to the bench which is where he belongs unless they want to lose in the playoffs. Klay will let his ego go off and try to do too much offense and too little defense during the playoffs to recapture past glory. And I don’t think Kerr can rein him in. If he makes the shots great, the team can be net neutral given his defense otherwise it will be ugly. It won’t be good for Klay’s psyche either to put him in position to fail. If he costs the team a series, I don’t think he can recover mentally from that. I rather have the team win and if it means hurting Klay’s feelings slightly so be it. He will feel better when the team collectively does better.

Klay is probably better than most on our board think he is. In the last game Klay led the team in plus minus. The player we add will only push Klay to the bench if the player we add is NBA starter level good.

Even if we add a player that reduces Klay’s minutes to 15 minutes a game I think I want those 15 minutes to be with Draymond and Curry because they know how to play together.

I also think Klay has surprisingly good chemistry with Trayce Davis.

Massive key that Klay has good chemistry with the guy that's DNP for 90% of the season so far. :lol:

Klay is a horrible player in the current role that he's in. In limited minutes understanding that he's an actual role player, he would be perfect and exactly what this team needs. Horrible coaching and massive player ego will stop that from happening.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#452 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Something cooking?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#453 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:47 pm

Drummond for moody?

I bet that's who the bulls are after lavine ruled out.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#454 » by superunknown » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:54 pm

what happened to "everyone but steph is on the table?"
seriously, are they really think they can compete with the current configuration?
cannot throw the season like that mid february. that's ridiculous.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#455 » by killmongrel » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:01 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Drummond for moody?

Oof. For a rental?
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#456 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:05 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Drummond for moody?

Works in Teade checker, Drummond for CoJo and Santos. We can add in 2 2nd round draft picks. That is my top offer for Drummond.

I am harder on Moody than most people here but I don’t want to give up Moody for Drummond. I have doubts about Drumand’s defense.

Santos might not be somebody I should be giving up. I am treating Santos like he is nothing but he might actually be something. CoJo on the other hand is pretty much nothing now that Podz has proven that he can be our 3rd string point guard.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,120

Post#457 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:09 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Something cooking?

Still not a legit site, but if Dunleavy is even considering it.. doesnt bode well for the future
Onus
RealGM

Post#458 » by Onus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:20 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Something cooking?

Let's get Drummond and then sneak Caruso as an add on.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#459 » by cpower » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:30 pm

lol 30 mins left
vvoland
Senior
And1: 127

Post#460 » by vvoland » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:36 pm

How many would trade an unprotected 2027 for PJ (Washington, not Tucker)? I think I'd pass but it'd be a conversation. If I had to include Moody, GP2 and Loon, for asset/salary matching that would seem like a lot. Anyone better than PJ currently available considering our needs?

Return to Golden State Warriors