ImageImageImageImageImage

Is the Draymond Situation Starting to Bother You?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 460

Is the Draymond Situation Starting to Bother You? 

Post#1 » by Romulus » Wed Jan 3, 2024 8:59 am

Here he is at Lebron's birthday party just a few days ago.

And here is Steve Kerr admitting Draymond hasn't been around the team, even though, as we all know, he was given permission to be at the facility and even practice.
Read on Twitter

On the one hand, sure, he has his own life and the right to do whatever he wants; on the other hand, he's supposed to be in rehab, getting help, while also being part of the team and practicing. It appears Draymond has just blown off staying in shape, preparing for a return, and instead prefers to have fun with his favorite NBA player, Lebron.

What an absolutely terrible look this all is.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,599

Re: Is the Draymond Situation Starting to Bother You? 

Post#2 » by HiRez » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:13 am

It started to bother me in 2016.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,455

Post#3 » by svart » Wed Jan 3, 2024 10:08 am

i wanted him traded after the punch. i still do, so nothing new for me.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Romulus » Wed Jan 3, 2024 10:22 am

svart wrote:i wanted him traded after the punch. i still do, so nothing new for me.

Pretty much have felt the same way. Unfortunately, it seems the FO has convinced themselves they can't win without him, whenever he's eligible to play and for however long he's capable of staying on the court.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#5 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 3, 2024 10:33 am

Can’t we know how long this suspension will last?

I don’t like suspensions off Unkown lengths.

I think I don’t like the NBA league management. I don’t like legalized traveling and then lying about legalizing trawling. Did not like letting Harden draw fouls by jumping into defenders and then taking those bad gift calls away from Harden in the playoffs. Don’t like flopping.

Do like play in games. Still overall I think the league office is not good.

Pick a damn number of games for Draymond’s suspension. And stop picking on Draymond. Individually many of Draymond’s suspensions were provoked Picking on Rasheed Wallace and Rodman also annoyed me.

Suspending Draymond for making a ball slapping gesture after LeBron threw Draymond to the floor was a disgusting suspension. Draymond did not touch LeBron’s ball. LeBron did not get a foul call for throwing Draymond to the ground.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#6 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jan 3, 2024 6:11 pm

haven't missed him at all, it's a shame I've soured on him and Klay so much after such an all-time great run

last night our finishing lineup was Steph, CP, Klay, JK, and Loon, and you know damn well Dray will take JK's place when he's back. We'll be back to the snoozeville stale-ass vets finishing every game.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#7 » by marthafokker » Wed Jan 3, 2024 7:25 pm

My first thought when he signed was... he will be a regret. Didn't even take 1/2 a season to regret already.

Hope his buddy wants him without being raped. The kids make the team so much more watchable.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#8 » by B-King » Wed Jan 3, 2024 7:26 pm

The situation bothers me in that the FO continues to be rather spineless when it comes to Green. Sure we owe Green a lot of credit for the championships, but the past year and half with these multiple incidents has made me leaning towards the juice is not being worth the squeeze when it comes to Draymond.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#9 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 3, 2024 7:36 pm

Is he getting paid during his suspension?

Guess he no long GAF.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#10 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 3, 2024 7:49 pm

We are nothing but an also ran if we don’t have Dray playing well. With Dray and Steph and Klay and Wiggins all playing well there is a possibility of something good.

If you don’t want to win then trade everybody but Steph. Klay and Dray and start stockpiling draft picks for the post Curry rebuild.

Klay playing well means shooting well. His on ball defense won’t be good against guards. Klay is a 2nd half season player. Klay might get hot.

Don’t know what is wrong with Wiggins but he is not to old. Wiggins might be good again.

Draymond shas lost a step but he still is a quick MlMinded basketball genius. Genius at basketball but dumb about flagrant fouls and techs.

If Draymond is not our second best player then who is our 2nd best player? I Kuminga is not our 2nd best player
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,290

Post#11 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jan 3, 2024 8:52 pm

wco81 wrote:Is he getting paid during his suspension?

No. Per the CBA, he's losing $153,941 per game, up to 19 games, and 202,922 per game if 20 games or more. That's on top of the $769k he lost for the 5 game suspension earlier. As a side effect, the Warriors are saving about 500k per game off their luxury tax bill. That goes up if it extends past 19 games, and if it lasts the whole season it knocks about $40M off their tax bill.
wco81
RealGM

Post#12 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 3, 2024 8:56 pm

Well if he's not showing much desire to return and try to help the team win, then what can the team do?

IF the team at least stays within striking distance of the play in, his worth is going down.

Just saw an article headline about a potential Lakers-Warriors play-in game already. That wud not be a good matchup for the Warriors, especially playing 5 vs. 8.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,055

Post#13 » by Jester_ » Wed Jan 3, 2024 8:59 pm

He's an emotional lesbian and our FO and "coach" are pussies who have always let him walk all over them
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
wco81
RealGM

Post#14 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:09 pm

Jester_ wrote:He's an emotional lesbian and our FO and "coach" are pussies who have always let him walk all over them

Yeah like you'd stand up to him. :lol:

So brave on the keyboard.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,290

Post#15 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:10 pm

Jester_ wrote:He's an emotional lesbian and our FO and "coach" are pussies who have always let him walk all over them

I wonder why there's so few women on this site.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#16 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:45 pm

He was actually playing really well to start the season too, which makes it even weaker that he threw it all away just to protect Klay (who didn't need any help) and to flail like an idiot against Nurk. It's like he blacks out like Artest used to :lol: :-?
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by Romulus » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:55 pm

One thing we probably can agree on -- when Draymond does this crap again, he's gone for the rest of season. The league has had it with him and he has no more room to accidently hit someone in the face again.

I think it's just a matter of time before he's gone for good.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#18 » by DevinVassell » Wed Jan 3, 2024 10:59 pm

He's and emotional female with the same-gender sexual orientation preferences and our FO and "coach" are vaginas who have always let him walk all over them.

Geez, get it right, you bastard.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 794

Post#19 » by Old_Blue » Wed Jan 3, 2024 11:12 pm

The thing that would bother me most about Draymond would be to learn that he is somehow obstructing the development of the younger players. If, behind the scenes, he was either physically or psychologically abusing them would be the last straw. That said, the Dubs would probably address the situation by launching an investigation into who leaked the truth and suspending Draymond for one preseason game. :banghead:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#20 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jan 3, 2024 11:44 pm

wco81 wrote:Is he getting paid during his suspension?

No.

Return to Golden State Warriors