ImageImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on if Dunleavy Jr DOESN'T make a move?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,964

Thoughts on if Dunleavy Jr DOESN'T make a move? 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:18 am

What would your thoughts be if MDJ doesn't make a move by the trade deadline? How would you feel and what would your thought be of MDJ?

It seems like 90% if not 100% of Dubnation wants a roster shakeup, but what if MDJ just doesn't find a trade partner? What if he tells the media there were no trades that made sense?

I for one feel there are trades to be made and would be shocked and disappointed if we don't make a single trade.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,599

Re: Thoughts on if Dunleavy Jr DOESN'T make a move? 

Post#2 » by HiRez » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:49 am

Difficult to say without knowing who is available and how much they would cost. Personally I'm not seeing any real difference-making moves out there. The best players remaining we know are available are Murray and LaVine but is one of those guys enough to turn the season around? I don't think so. And in LaVine's case, that contract is likely going to be a real albatross.

Plus no matter who you acquire, you're already running out of time to integrate them. Then you have Kerr, who it seems hasn't been able to push the right button or pull the right lever all year long (or last year either if we're being honest, for failing to develop Kuminga and Moody). I don't like to say it but no move might actually be the best move (but big moves in the offseason are a must assuming they're available).

The real crime is letting the Knicks snag Anunoby but I guess they hadn't quite hit rock bottom at that point and still thought they could make everything work by waiting it out.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 460

Post#3 » by Romulus » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:51 am

Guys, there will be no moves. Guess what? It's not the GM. It's not Bob Myers or Dunleavy. It's the freaking owner, Joe Lacob. Warriors always are frozen when it comes to improving the team and making moves. We've seen this movie over and over again.

The strategy now? Just let Klay and CP3 expire, get under the tax, and ride the meal ticket Steph Curry in holding fan interest. This team isn't playing to compete anymore.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,964

Post#4 » by cdubbz » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:02 am

Romulus wrote:Guys, there will be no moves. Guess what? It's not the GM. It's not Bob Myers or Dunleavy. It's the freaking owner, Joe Lacob. Warriors always are frozen when it comes to improving the team and making moves. We've seen this movie over and over again.

The strategy now? Just let Klay and CP3 expire, get under the tax, and ride the meal ticket Steph Curry in holding fan interest. This team isn't playing to compete anymore.

I don't blame Joe Lacob since it's all coming out of HIS pocket. I personally also don't believe we do not try one more time to win a championship.

I just can't imagine him wanting to not go for another Championship with a once in a lifetime player on the roster. I'm sure he doesn't want to keep blowing up the tax, but if his directive is to cut luxury tax and stay in the playoffs then it is what it is and he will be remembered for that.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,766

Post#5 » by azwfan » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:21 am

I kinda doubt theres that great moves to make. I think at minimum they should be dumping some fringe salary (Joseph, GP2, Looney).

They need to put themselves in a position to make a move in the summer and release some pressure on Joe’s wallet. Theyre not winning with these guys so not a big deal to lose them but can save some serious luxury tax this year and cap on next years roster with Loon and GP2 gone (and Klay and CP3 expired).

Spreading Wiggins and/or Draymond into depth would help for next year too but not sure those deals are available.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#6 » by Kuya » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:02 am

Wiggins for Harrison Barnes

Sent from my SM-S908U using RealGM mobile app
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#7 » by DevinVassell » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:13 am

Romulus wrote:Guys, there will be no moves. Guess what? It's not the GM. It's not Bob Myers or Dunleavy. It's the freaking owner, Joe Lacob. Warriors always are frozen when it comes to improving the team and making moves. We've seen this movie over and over again.

This is getting silly. You are way off dude.

Go youtube some interviews of Joe Lacob. He has a MASSIVE ego. Just like many players, Joe wants to leave his legacy as one of the most successful owners ever. He wants to win and he has been willing to outspend everyone to do it. Right or wrong, in his own minds eye it's his shot at immortality. There is a mountain of evidence for this.

Again, for the hundredth time, you do realise that yet again, the Warriors have the highest payroll in the league right?

Say what you want about the guy... but stating that all he wants is a meal ticket is funny.

Sent from my SM-A136B using RealGM mobile app
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,286

Post#8 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:21 am

Worst thing to do now would be to make a panic trade. That's what Siakam would have been. IMO, there is nothing out there that will put them in a position to contend. They can't even dump salary now, since every team is over the cap (well, Detroit and Utah are barely under) so they would have to take back salary. Post-season is the time for the FO to make things work, starting with CP's adjustable salary.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,113

Post#9 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:36 am

The mistake was made during the offseason in bringing back Draymond for 4 freakin' years!

For some reason they thought the core had another run in them but they didn't and that is going to set the team back a year in turning the page.

There is not trade that will make this team a contender and moving off Draymond's contract and letting Klay walk is the best course of action, IMO.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#10 » by Sandy333 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:52 am

It's is clear ever since Steph won his fourth ring he will not be allowed to win his fifth and tarnish Lebrons legacy. He and warriors have suddenly become the most foul prone team since then. In this sense nba is fast becoming WWE. Some obscure Andrew bogut quote is brought up to show refs are favouring warriors.
It doesnot matter, even if we add Kevin Durant without any subtraction we are not going to win a championship till lebron and steph retire.
So I suggest chill, tone down warrior mania, watch a few games for nostalgia sake till steph retires.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,716

Post#11 » by Warriorfan » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:42 am

No true difference maker moves out there
Thus years team hasn't really been complete.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#12 » by jozef » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:01 am

Goga Bitadze DNP - Coach's Decision and Knicks Interested in Malcolm Brogdon

Maybe we could sneak in and get Bitadze and DiVincenzo
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,455

Post#13 » by svart » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:10 am

Just came here to say something like this.

the only instance i can see for MDJ to not make a move is if the owners impose the status quo
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#14 » by superunknown » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:08 am

DevinVassell wrote:

This is getting silly. You are way off dude.

Go youtube some interviews of Joe Lacob. He has a MASSIVE ego. Just like many players, Joe wants to leave his legacy as one of the most successful owners ever. He wants to win and he has been willing to outspend everyone to do it. Right or wrong, in his own minds eye it's his shot at immortality. There is a mountain of evidence for this.

Again, for the hundredth time, you do realise that yet again, the Warriors have the highest payroll in the league right?

Say what you want about the guy... but stating that all he wants is a meal ticket is funny.

Sent from my SM-A136B using RealGM mobile app

the problem is they have the highest payroll in the league invested on the wrong players.
if he really wants to leave his mark as one of the most successful owners ever, he should give the green light to make whatever move necessary to address the issue. asap.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,398

Post#15 » by Onus » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:42 pm

Warriorfan wrote:No true difference maker moves out there
Thus years team hasn't really been complete.

The only player i really want to trade for is Lauri.

I can get behind a trade for Grimes if they would actually start Grimes over Klay, but I doubt they would so probably won't be too effective. Grimes is also probably pretty similar to Moody and they won't start moody so.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,020

Post#16 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:01 pm

I've mentioned it before, but if I were Dun, I would slide into Chicago's DMs right before the deadline, when it had become clear there was no market for Lavine and do a Wiggins/Klay for Lavine/Ball trade because there's no room for sentimentality at this point. Warriors take all the risk, Bulls save about $70mil overall. They should give us a pick too.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#17 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:31 pm

Lavine and Ball? That’s arguably the worst contract in basketball and a player who might never play again.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#18 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:51 pm

I think if we do anything we should be selling Dray and Klay if they hold any value. Dray for an expiring would be good enough for me and Klay for a young player with some upside that’s lost favor with their team, like Jaylin Williams, would be amazing. OKC is probably looking to shed players since they have 50 picks the next 3 years.

I think it would be a bad idea to trade Wiggs, we’d be selling low and I think he’s going to improve over the course of the year. It would make more sense to trade him in the offseason.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Sandy333
Sophomore

Post#19 » by Sandy333 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:09 pm

Sandy333 wrote:It's is clear ever since Steph won his fourth ring he will not be allowed to win his fifth and tarnish Lebrons legacy. He and warriors have suddenly become the most foul prone team since then. In this sense nba is fast becoming WWE. Some obscure Andrew bogut quote is brought up to show refs are favouring warriors.
It doesnot matter, even if we add Kevin Durant without any subtraction we are not going to win a championship till lebron and steph retire.
So I suggest chill, tone down warrior mania, watch a few games for nostalgia sake till steph retires.

At the other end of the spectrum we have Lebrons Lakers , nbas darlings. Even the team know it. They can just make the playin and still win it all. When AD and Lebron can turn it up and with Refs help They are get fouled machine. Even scrubs can draw fouls like superstars as Lebron and AD want to conserve the energy.
Sandy333
Sophomore

Post#20 » by Sandy333 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:11 pm

They don't seem to be any good trades available, donot see any team ( with atleast two good players ) doing a reset. Warriors are the ones most poised for reset.

Return to Golden State Warriors