F it. It's Kerr's fault.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

F it. It's Kerr's fault. 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:52 am

Was posting on another thread.

Wiggins, Klay, Draymond....all came into camp out of shape and not ready to play. Draymond hasn't been right mentally since last year.

Whose responsibility is it to:
Motivate and get player in the right mindset.
Put young player in the BEST position to succeed.

It's simple. THIS TEAM HAS WAY TOO MUCH TALENT . . .to be this bad, to have zero chemistry, to play without any sense of fight or cohesion.

All the above is the COACHES JOB.

Kerr, especially if a move isn't made, should get fired.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,455

Re: F it. It's Kerr's fault. 

Post#2 » by svart » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:59 am

He should get fired anyway imo.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#3 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:04 am

I'm not sold on that theory at all. It's not Kerr's responsibility to turn back the clock on Klay's body, change Wiggin's mental motivation or to strangle Draymond into being less mentally volatile. He got the very best out of these guys, and that in this theory is being disregarded.

So for now, for me, it's on the players to man the F up.
Mambomuziki
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#4 » by Mambomuziki » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:13 am

I think Kerr took too long to "get the starters going" instead of just reducing their Minutes and see what you have with the other players.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using RealGM mobile app
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#5 » by B-King » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:55 am

I understand the frustration with Kerr and curious as to who people would replace him with. I am not impressed with any of the random names I have seen floated on this board so far.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#6 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:35 am

Klay was not out of shape. I think he burned out faster because he played basketball most of the offseason.

Dray got hurt at the start of training camp.

Wiggins was recuperating from the a fractured rib, so couldn't do anything in the offseason.

Kerr has messed up plenty this season. But this is not one of them.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#7 » by DevinVassell » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:35 am

Team is old and small.

That's the problem.

Not totally Kerrs fault... but he is the force multiplier if you will. He enables all the the smallness and oldness to give us fans the ultimate smold-tastic product.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#8 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:13 am

If a coach isn't responsible for HOW the team is playing, how hard they play, how smart they play and whether or not they are playing with cohesion - all of these things having been a problem - what IS he responsible for?

I've heard folks rail against Kerr playing the three guard lineup over and over again. He decides the lineups. Pulled Kuminga in a game they should have won....Kerr's decision. Started Wiggins AGAIN in place of Kuminga even though Kuminga had been better. Kerr's decision.

Anyway, I'm stickin' by it. There is just way too much BS going on with team chemistry, confidence, lack of cohesion, lack of fight...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#9 » by jozef » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:36 am

Out of shape? How did you miss on Kevon? He is the only one looking obviously worse.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,055

Post#10 » by Jester_ » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:45 am

ILOVEIT wrote:If a coach isn't responsible for HOW the team is playing, how hard they play, how smart they play and whether or not they are playing with cohesion - all of these things having been a problem - what IS he responsible for?

I have asked that question to the apologists here often and have never gotten a response.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,716

Post#11 » by Warriorfan » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:09 pm

It's not Kerrs fault that players are having career lows in shooting. They are pros It's their responsibility to come in shape.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,716

Post#12 » by Warriorfan » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:13 pm

Jester_ wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:If a coach isn't responsible for HOW the team is playing, how hard they play, how smart they play and whether or not they are playing with cohesion - all of these things having been a problem - what IS he responsible for?

I have asked that question to the apologists here often and have never gotten a response.

It's a players league. Coaches affect teams in strategy for a few plays. Coach also creates culture.

Pop and Jackson are arch types. .

Main problems are defensive rotations and shooting.
Kerr is one of the greatest 3pt shooters in NBA history.
Young players struggle with the defensive rotations
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,360

Post#13 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:44 pm

Coxy wrote:I'm not sold on that theory at all. It's not Kerr's responsibility to turn back the clock on Klay's body, change Wiggin's mental motivation or to strangle Draymond into being less mentally volatile. He got the very best out of these guys, and that in this theory is being disregarded.

Kerr, Klay and Green are all in the same boat. They all have the same sales pitch of "we've won championships, we're winners, we need each other to win, we'll figure it out" etc.

Once one of them falls the other two will follow. I believe that's the real reason why they prop each other up.

Meanwhile, Curry is over there saying the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#14 » by jozef » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:34 pm

Now the question is what is the definition of that same thing?
A) is it a principle from previous seasons?
B) is it this season specialty?

I say B. This season is special cause we play ultra small ball and the athleticism of our starting center becomes progressively worse while the league goes in the opposite direction. Top 3 East teams have Porzingis, Giannis+Lopez and Embiid, top 3 West teams have KAT+Gobert, Holmgren and Jokic. None of them would consider to put their SG on Zion or Mobley as Warriors do with Klay. I am not going to say it is an insanity but for sure it is pretty bad judgement. Simply pieces who do not move well at their positions they need to be put in their natural positions or they need to be removed from rotation. That's Kerr's fault.
Position Depth:
PG Curry Podziemski Paul Joseph
SG Thompson Moody Podziemski
SF Wiggins Payton Moody Kuminga
PF Green Kuminga Jackson-Davis Saric
C Jackson-Davis Green Looney Saric
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,964

Post#15 » by cdubbz » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:30 pm

B-King wrote:I understand the frustration with Kerr and curious as to who people would replace him with. I am not impressed with any of the random names I have seen floated on this board so far.

Right? The coaching carousel is stale right now. Doc Rivers is bouncing around to help teams take it to the next level, but never does. The last good new coach was Brad Stevens. It's too late to try and find a diamond in the rough when this team has a short time window.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#16 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:20 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
Coxy wrote:I'm not sold on that theory at all. It's not Kerr's responsibility to turn back the clock on Klay's body, change Wiggin's mental motivation or to strangle Draymond into being less mentally volatile. He got the very best out of these guys, and that in this theory is being disregarded.

Kerr, Klay and Green are all in the same boat. They all have the same sales pitch of "we've won championships, we're winners, we need each other to win, we'll figure it out" etc.

Once one of them falls the other two will follow. I believe that's the real reason why they prop each other up.

Meanwhile, Curry is over there saying the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

It's not that black and white. You don;t just get to lump individuals together like that and say "when 1 falls, they all fall". They all are different and deal with different physical and mental things in life. That's a really wierd take to try and make stick.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,120

Post#17 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:14 pm

cdubbz wrote:
B-King wrote:I understand the frustration with Kerr and curious as to who people would replace him with. I am not impressed with any of the random names I have seen floated on this board so far.

Right? The coaching carousel is stale right now. Doc Rivers is bouncing around to help teams take it to the next level, but never does. The last good new coach was Brad Stevens. It's too late to try and find a diamond in the rough when this team has a short time window.

Fans are always super weird when it comes to coaching candidates.. no one knows how these coaches actually operate. So people think of it like uninformed voters - name recognition. It doesnt really matter.. Kerr was not a name before he got here. Meanwhile big names flop all the time

Instead of looking for this great coach as a replacement, and the motivation for replacement.. it should be looked at the exact opposite way. If you're firing someone midseason, you're basically saying that a replacement level coach is an improvement over the incumbent. Now that could mean a fresh set of eyes/fresh voice is needed, or it can mean the incumbent is doing such a lousy job that you can bring in any average joe and they will be an improvement. Not unlike Mark Jackson

So if people want Kerr fired, they should be asking whether or not some regular ass milquetoast coach would be an improvement over him. I'd be leaning towards yes at this stage, because you'd assume that the new coach wouldnt have an undying loyalty to Klay, which is one of the biggest deterrents of the season
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#18 » by DevinVassell » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:19 pm

Word of the day.

milquetoast - a timid or feeble person

... hadn't heard that one.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,360

Post#19 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:40 pm

Coxy wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

It's not that black and white. You don;t just get to lump individuals together like that and say "when 1 falls, they all fall". They all are different and deal with different physical and mental things in life. That's a really wierd take to try and make stick.

I don't think it's weird. I think all three of them are trying to ride the loyalty train to the end. That's what's going to get them paid and keep them in powerful positions.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#20 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:48 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

I don't think it's weird. I think all three of them are trying to ride the loyalty train to the end. That's what's going to get them paid and keep them in powerful positions.

Yeah, it's a very wierd take, and somewhat tin foil hat political.

Return to Golden State Warriors