ImageImageImageImageImage

Draymond Green explains importance of Mark Jackson to Steph Curry, Klay Thompson & Warriors dynasty

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Draymond Green explains importance of Mark Jackson to Steph Curry, Klay Thompson & Warriors dynasty 

Post#1 » by sonnyhill » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:52 pm

Draymond Green shares some fascinating insights from the early days of the Warrior dynasty.

The love and respect that Green has for both Jackson and Kerr and his teammates come through very clearly in this snippet from his podcast.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,398

Re: Draymond Green explains importance of Mark Jackson to Steph Curry, Klay Thompson & Warriors dynasty 

Post#2 » by Onus » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:57 pm

As bad as Mark Jackson turned out to be, he was an integral part of forming this dynasty. He instilled the confidence and the defensive focus that we were built off of.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Re: Draymond Green explains importance of Mark Jackson to Steph Curry, Klay Thompson & Warriors dynasty 

Post#3 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:07 pm

Entirely predictable that Draymond would be a Mark Jackson truther. The interesting part will be the people who DESPISE and have spent a decade disparaging Jackson’s basketball and locker room approach now will twist themselves into to knots to find common cause with Draymond’s take.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,020

Post#4 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:48 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:Entirely predictable that Draymond would be a Mark Jackson truther. The interesting part will be the people who DESPISE and have spent a decade disparaging Jackson’s basketball and locker room approach now will twist themselves into to knots to find common cause with Draymond’s take.

You've been doing your best to drag this board into the doldrums lately. Why are you even still a fan of this team if you refuse to enjoy the ride?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,113

Post#5 » by whatisacenter » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:51 pm

I’m so glad I don’t listen to anything Draymond has to say.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#6 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:53 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:Entirely predictable that Draymond would be a Mark Jackson truther. The interesting part will be the people who DESPISE and have spent a decade disparaging Jackson’s basketball and locker room approach now will twist themselves into to knots to find common cause with Draymond’s take.

You've been doing your best to drag this board into the doldrums lately. Why are you even still a fan of this team if you refuse to enjoy the ride?

Your feelings are yours to manage. I’m not trying to change them and don’t image that I could.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#7 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:01 am

whatisacenter wrote:I’m so glad I don’t listen to anything Draymond has to say.

This is usually the correct answer.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#8 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:21 am

They can't believe he hasn't gotten another NBA job? :lol:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,120

Post#9 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:41 am

Onus wrote:As bad as Mark Jackson turned out to be, he was an integral part of forming this dynasty. He instilled the confidence and the defensive focus that we were built off of.

Mike Malone, the currently employed NBA champion head coach, probably gets the bulk of the credit there

Jackson unified them, but did it in a way that was self-serving and counterproductive. Effectively a cult leader
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#10 » by michaelm » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:58 am

Makes me wonder a little if Kerr is to soon join Jackson as an ex-GSW coach.

You can’t run a team against the ownership except in Hollywood movies, and while I have no problems with him having Christian beliefs or professing/trying to exemplify such beliefs you shouldn’t impose prayer sessions based on your own brand of Christianity on a whole locker room imo, with Andrew Bogut for one of the opinion he didn’t sign up with a professional sports team for same.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,398

Post#11 » by Onus » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:18 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:As bad as Mark Jackson turned out to be, he was an integral part of forming this dynasty. He instilled the confidence and the defensive focus that we were built off of.

Mike Malone, the currently employed NBA champion head coach, probably gets the bulk of the credit there

Jackson unified them, but did it in a way that was self-serving and counterproductive. Effectively a cult leader

Yea I can see Malone being the reason for defense.

Mj had a lot of faults no doubt. But there were a few things he did well. Confidence and changing the culture.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#12 » by Coxy » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:33 am

I see nothing wrong with Dray acknowledging the 1st coach he came in contact with in the NBA that saw the potential of them as young guys. I appreciate everyone that I come in touch with along my journey that has positively impacted my life, Dray's doing the same here. He gets it.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#13 » by DevinVassell » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:43 am

The one thing I give Jackson credit for was installing a defensive philosophy.... something the Warriors had ZERO idea about before he came.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,677

Post#14 » by a8bil » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:54 am

DevinVassell wrote:The one thing I give Jackson credit for was installing a defensive philosophy.... something the Warriors had ZERO idea about before he came.
Did he? Seems that Bogut's arrival marked the defensive improvement, followed by Iggy. Using the assets you have?
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,316

Post#15 » by DonaldSanders » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:12 am

Keep in mind he also says "But Steve took it to another level."

I think Mark Jackson is overall a very bad coach, but there were some good things he (and Mike Malone) did before Steve got here.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#16 » by DevinVassell » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:15 am

a8bil wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:The one thing I give Jackson credit for was installing a defensive philosophy.... something the Warriors had ZERO idea about before he came.
Did he? Seems that Bogut's arrival marked the defensive improvement, followed by Iggy. Using the assets you have?

Absolutely.

I still remember Jacksons' interviews where he would go on and on about everything starting with defense. It was a real point of emphasis.

Of corse Lacobs "Bogut trade" helped and headed the franchise in the right direction too.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,455

Post#17 » by svart » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:37 am

DevinVassell wrote:
a8bil wrote:

Absolutely.

I still remember Jacksons' interviews where he would go on and on about everything starting with defense. It was a real point of emphasis.

Of corse Lacobs "Bogut trade" helped and headed the franchise in the right direction too.

Agree. i give him credit for the defense, he was needed and he contributed to our defensive identity.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,360

Post#18 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:31 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:

He should start a church
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,360

Post#19 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:33 pm

svart wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:
a8bil wrote: Did he? Seems that Bogut's arrival marked the defensive improvement, followed by Iggy. Using the assets you have?

Absolutely.

Agree. i give him credit for the defense, he was needed and he contributed to our defensive identity.

Every coach talks about defense. These guys actually brought it.

cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Maxthirty
Rookie
And1: 2,598

Post#20 » by Maxthirty » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:11 pm

whatisacenter wrote:I’m so glad I don’t listen to anything Draymond has to say.

You should be listening closely if he’s talking about anything related to basketball. One of the highest BBIQs in the history of the game.
Water makes you weak.

Return to Golden State Warriors