ImageImageImageImageImage

Grab the 6th seed.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Grab the 6th seed. 

Post#1 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:27 pm

Grab the 7th seed. Warriors are only 3 games back of the 5th, 6th and 7th seed Pelicans, Mavericks and Kings in loss column.

10th seed Warriors are only 2 games behind the 8th seed Suns and a game ahead of the 9th seed Lakers in the loss column.
I do not want to face the 4th seed Nuggets in the 1st round.

I don’t really care which of 1, 2 or 3 seed Twolves, Thunder or Clippers we face.
I don’t like that Zubac seems to know how to use his size advantage against Draymond.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Re: Grab the 7th seed. 

Post#2 » by hamncheese » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:26 pm

The team is not in a place to worry about positioning yet. 1-4 is in flux. Regardless of who is at 3 or 4, the Dubs should be aiming to get out of the play-in. If that isn't possible with 1 or 2 weeks left in the season, then maybe think about matchups.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,021

Post#3 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:40 pm

Being only 3 games back of the 5th seed in the loss column means we largely control our own destiny which is a great spot to be in. Just keep stacking the Ws and we'll climb into a top-6 seed no problem.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#4 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:55 pm

Loser of 7th seed vs 8th seed plays the winner of 9th seed vs 10th seed.
Yes, we really want the 6th seed.

I fixed the topic tittle by chaging grab the 7th seed to grab the 6th seed.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#5 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:01 am

hamncheese wrote:The team is not in a place to worry about positioning yet. 1-4 is in flux. Regardless of who is at 3 or 4, the Dubs should be aiming to get out of the play-in. If that isn't possible with 1 or 2 weeks left in the season, then maybe think about matchups.

I think we are in a place to think about position,

This is the beginning of late season.

Our bad 1st half season team is gone and has been replaced by a playoff quality team.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,398

Re: Grab the 6rh seed. 

Post#6 » by Onus » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:06 am

Just get out of the play in and then let the chips fall. None of the top seeds are leagues better than us.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#7 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:15 am

Onus wrote:Just get out of the play in and then let the chips fall. None of the top seeds are leagues better than us.

As long as Warriors can avoid LeBron I'm good. Let's face it, LeBron and the bigger Lakers have owned Curry and Warriors the last three years. I want no part of Warriors facing Lakers and Refs in the playoffs.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,120

Post#8 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:18 am

Onus wrote:Just get out of the play in and then let the chips fall. None of the top seeds are leagues better than us.

OKC is possibly the best team in the league and getting better.. avoid at all costs
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#9 » by superunknown » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:40 am

CDM_Stats wrote:

OKC is possibly the best team in the league and getting better.. avoid at all costs

but they're unproven in the playoffs, like this version of the twolves.
we've seen already "new comer" teams do well in the RS and then fail in the playoffs.
I'd be more concerned with the nuggets or (healthy) clippers/suns than the thunder/twolves regardless of the record.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#10 » by Coxy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:15 am

CDM_Stats wrote:

The emergence of Jalen Williams has made them a serious team. He's so much better than I thought he was. Their starting 5 is scary.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#11 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:17 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

As long as Warriors can avoid LeBron I'm good. Let's face it, LeBron and the bigger Lakers have owned Curry and Warriors the last three years. I want no part of Warriors facing Lakers and Refs in the playoffs.

LeBron does not scare me but Davis scares me.
I like beating LeBron.

The crooked refs the commissioner orders to advance LeBron to the next round are scary.

The damn LeBron fans might stop watching the games if LeBron gets knocked out of the playoffs. I think I will be happy when LeBron retires. I am not sure if LeBron fans are really basketball fans.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,398

Post#12 » by Onus » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:29 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:

And yet we’ve played them close even with Klay constantly getting roasted.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,055

Post#13 » by Jester_ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:04 pm

I think this is the first year in a while where I'm not so sure I agree with this lol
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,301

Re: Grab the 6th seed. 

Post#14 » by Impuniti » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:55 pm

IMO OKC is overrated. If Shai isn't treated like the prince of the NBA, they're going to get cooked in the playoffs. They won't make the WCF.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 794

Post#15 » by Old_Blue » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:19 pm

Jester_ wrote:

I think this is the first year in a while where I'm not so sure I agree with this lol

People need to stop being so negative. Not only is it not a good look, it's completely unwarranted. The current odds would suggest that the Western Conference is wide open, there being inconsistent relationship between each team's record and their odds.

Nuggets +450
Clippers +475
Suns +1600
Thunder +2200
Timberwolves + 2200
Mavericks +3500
Lakers +4000
Warriors +4000 (up from +6600 just two weeks ago)
Pelicans +5000

The Thunder and Timberwolves have zero playoff experience. The Mavericks are a one trick pony. The Suns lack depth. Harden and George are choke artists. That leaves the Nuggets, Pelicans and the Lakers, one of which needs ridiculous FTA discrepancies in order to be competitive. Meanwhile, the Dubs have righted their ship and have more playoff experience than all the rest combined. Health permitting, I like their chances.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#16 » by Jester_ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:30 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

People need to stop being so negative. Not only is it not a good look, it's completely unwarranted. The current odds would suggest that the Western Conference is wide open.

Nuggets +450
Clippers +475
Suns +1600
Thunder +2200
Timberwolves + 2200
Mavericks +3500
Lakers +4000
Warriors +4000 (up from +6600 just two weeks ago)
Pelicans +5000

The Thunder and Timberwolves have zero playoff experience. The Mavericks are a one trick pony. The Suns lack depth. Harden and George are choke artists. That leaves the Nuggets, Pelicans and the Lakers, one of which needs ridiculous FTA discrepancies in order to be competitive. Meanwhile, the Dubs have righted their ship and have more playoff experience than all the rest combined. Health permitting, I like their chances.

I'm struggling to see how this team can possible grind out 4 wins against the Clippers, Nuggets or even the Lakers. Hope I'm wrong.

I think Nuggets are weirdly underrated despite being defending champs. Jokic gives me prime-Shaq levels of heebie-jeebies.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 794

Post#17 » by Old_Blue » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:38 pm

Jester_ wrote:
I'm struggling to see how this team can possible grind out 4 wins against the Clippers, Nuggets or even the Lakers. Hope I'm wrong.

The Dubs aren't likely to have to face all of them. Heck, they might not even have to face any of them. Stay positive until April. Then, worry about the seedings. The Heat went to the Finals as a #8 seed last season. Who says the Dubs can't get there as a #6, #7 or #8 seed? When the Warriors lose, more often than not it's because they beat themselves. If they play the way they're capable of playing, ANYTHING is possible. Only 3 games back of the #5 seed in the loss column with 27 games to go. That's doable.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#18 » by Jester_ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:47 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

The Dubs aren't likely to have to face all of them. Heck, they might not even have to face any of them. Stay positive until April. Then, worry about the seedings. The Heat went to the Finals as a #8 seed last season. Who says the Dubs can't get there as a #6, #7 or #8 seed? When the Warriors lose, more often than not it's because they beat themselves. If they play the way they're capable of playing, ANYTHING is possible. Only 3 games back of the #5 seed in the loss column with 27 games to go. That's doable.

damnit you're MAKIN' ME BELIEVE BLUE
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#19 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:07 pm

superunknown wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

but they're unproven in the playoffs, like this version of the twolves.
we've seen already "new comer" teams do well in the RS and then fail in the playoffs.
I'd be more concerned with the nuggets or (healthy) clippers/suns than the thunder/twolves regardless of the record.

but youll notice I'm not mentioning the Wolves even though they are also newbies to being relevant

OKC is the team to avoid because of a ton of factors - they can attack our biggest weaknesses, they have had a slow steady incline in team metrics all season, they are top 5 in both offense and defense (only Boston can also say that).. but the main thing is the slow steady incline. Nothing screams legitimate more than that.. yes I get that pressure in the playoffs is a variable that cant be quantified, but I tend to think its overrated, and only relevant when a star player wets themselves on the big stage. Outside of SGA, the Thunder have a lot of depth in what makes them good

They are *easily* the strongest bet in terms of odds (or at least were 3 weeks ago - although the current +2000 +2500 is nothing to sneeze at, the +4000 from weeks ago was my best bet in a while). The guy they added at the deadline is a great fit (Hayward) too... everything about them is a problem for the Warriors
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#20 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:12 pm

Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

And yet we’ve played them close even with Klay constantly getting roasted.

We havent played them since December 6th, and they were still integrating new players into their lineups. They are 25-10 since the last time we played them and only really seem to struggle with big time defending/rebounding big men. AD, Gobert, Sabonis - to a lesser degree Claxton and Kessler - can disrupt their drive/kick offense

Barring injury, avoid avoid avoid

Return to Golden State Warriors