ImageImageImageImageImage

Basketball without Curry

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 460

Basketball without Curry 

Post#1 » by Romulus » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:32 am

Not sure why, but this latest injury has made me stop and think about what it's going to be like when Steph retires in a few years. Man, it's been fun, amazing, and yes, at times, maddening. But I've never enjoyed or rooted for a player more than this guy. Love his family, love his kids, love his values, and love his loyalty.

When it happens, I think we'll all be in a state of shock for a good long while. And those first games without him will really be difficult.

I'm just not sure basketball will ever be the same for me.

One more championship before we get there. Just one more.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Basketball without Curry 

Post#2 » by donkeylips » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:35 am

we've been definitely spoiled with him. if anyone has kids or older relatives who havent seen him live, they should definitely consider going to a game live.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#3 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:47 am

Once Curry and point forward Draymond are gone our style will be gone. We might be good but we will be just another basketball team.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 460

Post#4 » by Romulus » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:07 am

donkeylips wrote:we've been definitely spoiled with him. if anyone has kids or older relatives who havent seen him live, they should definitely consider going to a game live.

Agreed. We live in Oklahoma and I got to see him in person against OKC for the first time this season. It was the crazy high scoring game where he hit the driving layup for the game winner. It was just amazing to watch him warmup, see all the Curry jersey's in the arena, and hear the crowd's reaction to him hitting some absolute bombs. I'll also always remember the amazing pass he made to GP2 under the basket. My son insisted we go because he realized this might be it for us to ever see him in person. It was well worth the long drive and high ticket prices.

I think he's still going to give us many more games to remember. He's not done yet. Long live the Curry Flurry. Bang. Bang. From way downtown.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#5 » by Coxy » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:46 am

Steph will never retire, so put a cork in it.

Return to Golden State Warriors