ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors are not getting the 6th seed folks

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Confident Warriors can handle Lakers

1 Nope...see Curry and Warriors come up short against LeBron and Lakers.
26%
2 Nope ... just a bad match up.
32%
3 Totally confident Curry and Warriors will beat LeBron and Lakers
42%

Total votes: 19

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Warriors are not getting the 6th seed folks 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:13 am

They'd not only half to make up three games in the loss column, they'd have to leap frog two good teams in Dallas and Kings.

The reality is this season will AGAIN come down to Curry and Warrior vs LeBron and the Lakers in the play in.

How many of you are confident that Curry comes out with a great game in that situation? Not me. IMO, LeBron has Curry's number in any game where Durant or Iggy didn't factor big.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Re: Warriors are not getting the 6th seed folks 

Post#2 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:44 am

Sixth seed is very unlikely, but getting the 7th or 8th position would be great as you get two shots in the play-in. If they have to play the Lakers and then the loser of DAL vs SAC it's really tough.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#3 » by watch1958 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:43 pm

I look at it backwards. How well do the need to play to consider them a legitimate dark horse contender? If they play that well, they will likely get the sixth seed.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#4 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:15 pm

I am betting Warriors do not face the Lakers.
Warriors beating LeBron, the dirty refs and the Lakers would be fun.
Trayce blocking Davis like he blocked Giannis would be fun.
9th seed Lakers may lose their play in game to some other team.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#5 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:05 pm

I kind of just want the season to end. I don't enjoy watching this team. I hope Klay and CP3 leave in the offseason and we trade Wiggs for draft capital. I love Wiggs but he's turned back into Wolves Wiggs.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,299

Post#6 » by Impuniti » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:16 pm

The only way these clowns at the FO and Steve are going to learn anything is if they fail badly again. Them losing 4-1 in the first round means Klay Thompson will get his loyalty, earned, deserved 60 million for 3 years contract coming right up.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#7 » by Badly Browned » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:45 pm

I just want to get to a 7 game series so the young guys can get some real playoff experience.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,282

Post#8 » by xdrta+ » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:08 pm

Badly Browned wrote:I just want to get to a 7 game series so the young guys can get some real playoff experience.

I just want it to get to a 7 game series so I can watch more games. Unlike some here, I don't want the season to end as soon as possible.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#9 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:57 pm

Impuniti wrote:The only way these clowns at the FO and Steve are going to learn anything is if they fail badly again. Them losing 4-1 in the first round means Klay Thompson will get his loyalty, earned, deserved 60 million for 3 years contract coming right up.

When did the FO fail? These are the only moves they've made.

draft Podz - win
draft TJD - win
trade Poole for an expiring - monumental win
Saric - solid
Q and Gui - showing some potential

Impuniti
General Manager

Post#10 » by Impuniti » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:56 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Impuniti wrote:The only way these clowns at the FO and Steve are going to learn anything is if they fail badly again. Them losing 4-1 in the first round means Klay Thompson will get his loyalty, earned, deserved 60 million for 3 years contract coming right up.

draft Podz - win
draft TJD - win
Saric - solid

The current team outside of Curry is below average and yet has the highest wage bill in the NBA.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,282

Post#11 » by xdrta+ » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:11 pm

Impuniti wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

draft Podz - win
draft TJD - win
Saric - solid

The current team outside of Curry is below average and yet has the highest wage bill in the NBA.

To be fair, the previous FO is responsible for 70% of the current team salary. If you add in Paul's salary, since it replaced Poole's, it climbs to 85%. So I'm not sure you can put the "highest wage bill in the NBA" on the current FO.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#12 » by Impuniti » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:05 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

draft Podz - win
draft TJD - win
Saric - solid

To be fair, the previous FO is responsible for 70% of the current team salary. If you add in Paul's salary, since it replaced Poole's, it climbs to 85%. So I'm not sure you can put the "highest wage bill in the NBA" on the current FO.

You're right that a large part of the blame falls on Bob and Lacob. I don't really think the squad building this summer is too great either way however. It was awesome that MDJ got rid of JP, but he brought in CP3 with an expiring. In theory, it's great that he brought in one of the best PGs of all time despite him being well past his prime. But you have to know your personel, and he should known that Steve Kerr has a cult-like mentality when it comes to guards, especially if they're undersized. Now we're stuck watching Steph play a SG in closing games and teams bullying the Warriors with a midget lineup where it's mismatches at every corner so Kerr can put as many guards as possible. The older, the better.

He also offered Klay 48/2 years which is laughable considering how shite he is as a player now. But hey, maybe we can add some nonsensical point about loyalty even if it doesn't make any sense.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#13 » by Onus » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:24 pm

Impuniti wrote:
He also offered Klay 48/2 years which is laughable considering how shite he is as a player now. But hey, maybe we can add some nonsensical point about loyalty even if it doesn't make any sense.

Why would you be worried about an offer that wasn't accepted and is no longer on the table?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#14 » by Impuniti » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:47 pm

Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

Why would you be worried about an offer that wasn't accepted and is no longer on the table?

Because it should have never been offered. The only reason it didn't happen is because of Klay's ego & delusion. I don't know who can watch a guy that plays as he did in the playoffs, as a 34 year old whose this washed and think a 50 million/2 year deal is the way to go.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#15 » by Onus » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:42 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

Because it should have never been offered. The only reason it didn't happen is because of Klay's ego & delusion. I don't know who can watch a guy that plays as he did in the playoffs, as a 34 year old whose this washed and think a 50 million/2 year deal is the way to go.

I'm not even sure it was a real offer. Klay was looking for a max. I don't think we could be like we don't want to offer you nothing without causing a lot of issues.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#16 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:05 pm

I mean he’s a HOFer and on Warriors Mt Rushmore, so we offered him that out of respect I assume. You want to treat players well to keep up appearances for future possible signings.

watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#17 » by watch1958 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:17 pm

He’s coming back at 2/48.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#18 » by Impuniti » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:26 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I mean he’s a HOFer and on Warriors Mt Rushmore, so we offered him that out of respect I assume. You want to treat players well to keep up appearances for future possible signings.

It's an idiotic move regardless of respect or any other spiel. He is a vet min player in a team that is barely staying afloat to get away from the 2nd apron. His respect was getting paid a max deal after he got a season ending injury, which some journalists at the time called it one of the worst deals in the league. Then kept him for 2 seasons where again, he could have been traded.

Are you ok with the Warriors paying Klay 15m/year when he's 38? You know, because of respect. Where is the cut off point where he stops getting treated like a toddler, ie. what Kerr has been doing for 3 straight seasons since he came back.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#19 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:55 pm

Impuniti wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:I mean he’s a HOFer and on Warriors Mt Rushmore, so we offered him that out of respect I assume. You want to treat players well to keep up appearances for future possible signings.

It's an idiotic move regardless of respect or any other spiel. He is a vet min player in a team that is barely staying afloat to get away from the 2nd apron. His respect was getting paid a max deal after he got a season ending injury, which some journalists at the time called it one of the worst deals in the league. Then kept him for 2 seasons where again, he could have been traded.

Are you ok with the Warriors paying Klay 15m/year when he's 38? You know, because of respect. Where is the cut off point where he stops getting treated like a toddler, ie. what Kerr has been doing for 3 straight seasons since he came back.

No, I don't even want him back on a minimum. I just don't think it was that egregious to offer him 2/48m last offseason, especially since he was probably expecting 4/100m.

superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#20 » by superunknown » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:29 pm

the bucks basically went on a pic-nic tour in the west, fu**ing useless team.
dubs won't get any 6th or 7th seed. they lost 2 games - bulls and spurs at home - they could not afford to lose and kings, freethrowtakers and suns won a few games they should've lost. those 2 games flip (4 in the aggregate) will likely be the difference in the end.
even going 14 Ws out of 18 in the remaining schedule games could not suffice at this stage. they likely threw away this regular season in an absolute idiotic fashion. they can be proud of themselves, starting with kerr.

Return to Golden State Warriors