Should we give Boller a shot?

Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Should we give Boller a shot? 

Post#1 » by Nowak008 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 2:28 am

As the starting QB?

Mcnair is 34 years old and his skills might be slipping. He seems to get injured at least once a year. I don't know how many more years Steve can keep playing at a high level.

Boller at the end of the 05-06 season was showing some promise. Completely demolished the Packers on Monday night, and the Vikings the following game.

Had a 7TD to INT ratio the final month of the season.

Also we have WAY more options on offense then when he was starting.

He gave me a HUGE head ache as a starter, but I would like to give him another shot before we have to draft another QB.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#2 » by UTMCretin » Sat Apr 7, 2007 3:28 am

:lol:

Just the very idea at this point makes me laugh, even though I was thinking the same thing at about Week 3 of the season. I'm not a huge fan of McNair, but he's certainly better than Boller even with his declining abilities (Boller's the better scrambler even though McNair made his career on running). To answer your question with the most obvious answer, no, we should not start Boller unless we are thrown into your wacky scenario in which ironman McNair gets injured. Steve lead us through the best regular season in franchise history, so I wouldn't be too soon to turn away from him, regardless of our offense's general ineffectiveness. He did show interesting promise at the end of 05 though with that 4 TD game and all he did when we weren't desperately giving the team over to Anthony Wright. McNair may be essentially a stopgap solution at QB, but is Kyle Boller really the longterm answer?

I really hope not
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#3 » by Nowak008 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 7:33 am

UTMCretin wrote::lol:

Just the very idea at this point makes me laugh, even though I was thinking the same thing at about Week 3 of the season. I'm not a huge fan of McNair, but he's certainly better than Boller even with his declining abilities (Boller's the better scrambler even though McNair made his career on running). To answer your question with the most obvious answer, no, we should not start Boller unless we are thrown into your wacky scenario in which ironman McNair gets injured. Steve lead us through the best regular season in franchise history, so I wouldn't be too soon to turn away from him, regardless of our offense's general ineffectiveness. He did show interesting promise at the end of 05 though with that 4 TD game and all he did when we weren't desperately giving the team over to Anthony Wright. McNair may be essentially a stopgap solution at QB, but is Kyle Boller really the longterm answer?

I really hope not

I think this is more a I am weary of Steve thread then giving a ringing endorsement of Boller. I don't think Boller should be the opening day starter, but I would like for him to get a lot of time during preseason. I really can't see Steve staying healthy for more then 12 games next year.

Bollers rating last year was 104 in 5 games last year. Not too bad.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#4 » by UrbanLegendMD » Sat Apr 7, 2007 3:31 pm

Man it's still Kyle Boller. He might've had a few good games last year, but once he is a starter again, it will be the same old story of suckiness again. Ravens really need to find a better solution at QB for the future. Then again we won a SB with Dilfer at the helm.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#5 » by miller31time » Sat Apr 7, 2007 3:39 pm

I still want to see a little more of Steve McNair. He was not the Pro Bowl QB that some were hoping for, but he was insanely clutch during the regular season, leading us to many wins in the final minutes of a game. His poise and calmness under pressure is why I don't want to see Boller as our starter unless McNair r-e-a-l-l-y starts to stink the joint up. Boller might be improving, but I don't consider him a clutch player. I can just envision the late game errors and mistakes that we in Ravens-town know all too well.

But, as I've said, if McNair regresses even more than he already has, I wouldn't be totally opposed to it.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#6 » by UTMCretin » Sat Apr 7, 2007 5:59 pm

If McNair regresses even more than he already has then we're in trouble. You can't win games without any semblance of an offense, something we proved last year in the playoffs
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 930

Post#7 » by kdawg32086 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 4:04 am

While I think McNair is almost done, I don't think that Kyle Boller deserves a shot. I say we draft Trent Edwards this year in the draft and groom him to be our QB of the future.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
The Hibachi
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by The Hibachi » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:26 pm

Is this a joke?
Ravens | Orioles | Wizards
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#9 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:40 pm

HELL BLEEPING NO! Kyle Boiler is worse than Terrible Testaverde. At least Testaverde put up some good numbers...he just kept f'ing up at the worst possible time. With B.More & Cleveland against teams I hate or don't like or care about. Time 2 search 4 another qb who can learn from McNair.
gilbert_4_2
Rookie

Post#10 » by gilbert_4_2 » Sat May 5, 2007 4:43 pm

I say let mcnair play this year, keep Boller, and let Troy smith learn behind Mcnair & Boller. He could be like Mcnair. Quick feet, decent arm, everything we need.
R.I.P. Giltawn Butler
June 26 2006 - Nov 15 2006
Get well soon swami!
JWizmentality wrote:Silly _____ fans, crack is for the Knick fans.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager

Post#11 » by UrbanLegendMD » Sat May 12, 2007 4:09 am

gilbert_4_2 wrote:I say let mcnair play this year, keep Boller, and let Troy smith learn behind Mcnair & Boller. He could be like Mcnair. Quick feet, decent arm, everything we need.

I hope he doesn't learn anything from Kyle
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
gilbert_4_2
Rookie

Post#12 » by gilbert_4_2 » Sun Jul 8, 2007 4:07 pm

NurbekIL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I hope he doesn't learn anything from Kyle

lol...on 2nd thought dump kyle
R.I.P. Giltawn Butler

June 26 2006 - Nov 15 2006

Get well soon swami!

JWizmentality wrote:Silly _____ fans, crack is for the Knick fans.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#13 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:15 pm

miller31time wrote:I still want to see a little more of Steve McNair. He was not the Pro Bowl QB that some were hoping for, but he was insanely clutch during the regular season, leading us to many wins in the final minutes of a game. His poise and calmness under pressure is why I don't want to see Boller as our starter unless McNair r-e-a-l-l-y starts to stink the joint up. Boller might be improving, but I don't consider him a clutch player. I can just envision the late game errors and mistakes that we in Ravens-town know all too well.

But, as I've said, if McNair regresses even more than he already has, I wouldn't be totally opposed to it.

Miller! You traitor!!!!!!!! A fan of the darkside instead of the good ol Washington Redskins.

I'm jk, but you like the Ravens :rofl: . Ok I'm done trolling, I'm out!

btw anyone here going to the Redskins/Ravens scrimmage on the fourth?
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager

Post#14 » by UrbanLegendMD » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 am

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Miller! You traitor!!!!!!!! A fan of the darkside instead of the good ol Washington Redskins.

I'm jk, but you like the Ravens :rofl: . Ok I'm done trolling, I'm out!

btw anyone here going to the Redskins/Ravens scrimmage on the fourth?

Go back to your Go Go dancing

Return to Baltimore Ravens