How to deal with Flacco

miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

How to deal with Flacco 

Post#1 » by miller31time » Wed May 28, 2008 10:17 pm

How will the Ravens handle Joe Flacco in this upcoming season? Is there any shot at all that he starts from day one or are we going to bring him along nice and slow, maybe playing him 3-5 games near the end of the year?

Also, what are you expecting out of him this season? Can he come in and contribute a net positive in the games he plays? Will he be a good fit in our offense?

Just curious to hear peoples' opinions on this.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#2 » by UrbanLegendMD » Fri May 30, 2008 4:00 am

I see him as a project. No need to play him for at least a year. What I keep asking myself is how is he better than Trent Edwards whom we could have had in the third last year.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#3 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 10:20 pm

I think I heard on ESPN a couple of days ago, the likely startling QB in Baltimore is between Boller and Troy Smith right now, they were saying Smith has really improved since last season.

But don't be surprised if Flacco starts later in the season.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#4 » by jerrod » Fri Jun 6, 2008 6:06 pm

this has nothing to do with this really, but i read that flacco is rated 1 point higher in madden than boller.

i found that kind of interesting
massey1992
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by massey1992 » Fri Jun 6, 2008 7:24 pm

He's a starter next year or the year after that.

Return to Baltimore Ravens