Ravens 2010 Draft Talk

Killa K
Sophomore
And1: 1

Ravens 2010 Draft Talk 

Post#1 » by Killa K » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:55 pm

This year I think the Ravens should get a WR in the first round, to support Flacco and take some pressure off Rice. Some options are Dez Bryant(if he falls), Arrellious Benn, Damian Williams, and Brandon LaFell. This team needs depth across the board, so this will be an important draft for Ozzie and the crew, What do you guys think? Who do you want?
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Re: Ravens 2010 Draft Talk 

Post#2 » by miller31time » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:02 am

I have no faith in Ozzie to competently pick a quality WR in the draft. History has shown this to be not the best move.

I'd like us to draft either a solid pass-rusher or cornerback in the 1st round, depending on who falls where.

Save acquiring a WR for free agency or a trade. I'm specifically talking about the two most prominent figures in the Baltimore rumor mill - Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshall.

However, much of our off-season priority list will depend on our ability to re-sign key free agents. Gaither would be a huge loss and would need to be immediately replaced if we fail to lock him up.
Killa K
Sophomore

Post#3 » by Killa K » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Those two available WR's i believe are liability's. Yeah they would be nice to have, but for the right price and they would have to shape up their attitude.

Ozzie has a few options for the first round, so he can pick any of those receivers and get something useful, because they all offer something different.

The second biggest need for this team is CB help, this year there is some depth on the corners so we can wait until the second or third round to obtain a quality corner. I like Javier Arenas if he is available. He is also a Alabama athlete and that is where Ozzie played.

Third, is that we need some youth and depth for the pass rush there are few guys that we should be able to pluck and they can succeed is our system.

Also maybe drafting a pass catching TE in the draft would not be a bad idea.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by miller31time » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Those two WR's are potential liabilities but this franchise needs to take a gamble in my opinion. Give Flacco something...anything to work with.

Regarding the cornerback situation, Webb will definitely be starting and I don't think Foxworth is *that* bad. He's not great by any means, but when we made Webb a starter during the late stages of this season, our secondary was actually pretty strong.

What hurts our CBs more than anything is the fact we don't have a good pass-rusher. That means no pressure on the cornerback which makes the life of a cornerback SO much more difficult.
Killa K
Sophomore

Post#5 » by Killa K » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Webb and Foxworth are not bad at all. Just hoping that Webb comes back in good shape. But what we need is a nickel corner, Carr and Walker are not the answer.

I agree that the pass rush is a need, and that would help the secondary. Any options out there in the draft?
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by miller31time » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:40 am

Killa K wrote:I agree that the pass rush is a need, and that would help the secondary. Any options out there in the draft?

Judging from a few of the mock drafts out there, here's the top DE's in the 1st and 2nd round...

- Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech (projected to go 1st round, around 15th)

- Everson Griffen, USC (projected to go 1st round, around 15th)

- Carlos Dunlap, Florida (projected to go 1st round, around 25th)

- Jared Odrick, Penn State (projected to go 1st round, around 30th)

- Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida (projected to go 1st round, around 30th)

- Greg Hardy, Ole Miss (projected to go 1st round, around 30th)

- Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma (projected to go 2nd round, around 40th overall)

- Brandon Graham, Michigan (projected to go 2nd round, around 45th overall)

- Corey Wootton, Northwestern (projected to go 2nd round, around 45th overall)

- Ricky Sapp, Clemson (projected to go 2nd round, around 60th overall)
DubaLakers
Banned User

Post#7 » by DubaLakers » Mon Feb 8, 2010 4:19 am

Ozzie always takes the best available player, he said it again just 2 weeks ago, he's not going to change his policy and only draft need. That's a fools move. See Oher, Rice, Webb, McClain, all recent draft picks all best available, not needed, all slam dunks

This is a heavy draft full of WR, I see a second rounder on WR, and a DB or a O or D Line player in the first round.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 930

Post#8 » by kdawg32086 » Fri Mar 5, 2010 10:50 pm

I think we've gotta wait a little while and see what happens with our free agents. We have a lot of guys that are RFA's right now and depending on who we keep/get rid of, it could have a significant impact on what we need when the draft comes around.

One kid I like at WR is Emmanuel Sanders from Southern Methodist. I think he's gonna be a serious weapon for someone.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.

Return to Baltimore Ravens