NFL Draft Thread

sethc13
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#21 » by sethc13 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:49 pm

Next Coming wrote:One of my favorite prospects in the draft is Tanard Jackson out of Syracuse. He doesn't have blazing speed but he's a great fit in our Cover 2 scheme.

He's pretty physical and competitive and is very good at stopping the run. The only knock is some character issues but I'm sure Levy and the brass will do thier due dillegence.

I've watched some film on him lately and I was quite impressed. He looks like a perfect fit for the cover 2. We need a good tackling CB like that. I'd take him in 3rd if he was available.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#22 » by Next Coming » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:56 pm

I don't see him lasting until the third. If Levy doesn't pursue Michael Turner and we stay where we are at with our picks I'd like for something like this to happen.

1. Patrick Willis-ILB Ole Miss
2. Tanard Jackson-CB Syracuse
3. Brandon Jackson-RB Nebraska
3. Paul Williams-WR Fresno State
4. Jordan Palmer-QB U.T.E.P.
6. Le'ron McClain-FB Alabama
7. Corey Hilliard-OT Oklahoma State
7. T.J. Downing-OG Ohio State
sethc13
Veteran

Post#23 » by sethc13 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:57 pm

Next Coming wrote:I don't see him lasting until the third. If Levy doesn't pursue Michael Turner and we stay where we are at with our picks I'd like for something like this to happen.

1. Patrick Willis-ILB Ole Miss
2. Tanard Jackson-CB Syracuse
3. Brandon Jackson-RB Nebraska
3. Paul Williams-WR Fresno State
4. Jordan Palmer-QB U.T.E.P.
6. Le'ron McClain-FB Alabama
7. Corey Hilliard-OT Oklahoma State
7. T.J. Downing-OG Ohio State

See I'm of the opinion where we can't afford not to draft a RB in Round 1 (Peterson) or Round 2 unless we trade for Turner.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Next Coming » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:20 pm

Brandon Jackson has Round 1 talent and if he returned to Lincoln for his senior season he would have been the top senior prospect.

He like Lynch and Pittman fits our system the most. He's able to catch out of the backfield and in the slot.

I have him behind Lynch and Peterson as the top two RB prospects in this draft and I'm not alone in this thinking.
sethc13
Veteran

Post#25 » by sethc13 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:00 pm

I'm not as high on Jackson due to his lack of big-play speed and poor blocking ability, two things that I think the Bills are looking for. In fact, I have him rated as #11 for the Bills. The only guys I would consider taking him in front of are Smith, Walker and Irons.

Here is my RB Draft Board for the Bills:
1. Adrian Peterson
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Antonio Pittman
4. Lorenzo Booker
5. Michael Bush
6. Chris Henry
7. Tony Hunt
8. Kolby Smith
9. Darius Walker
10. Kenny Irons
11. Brandon Jackson
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Next Coming » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:37 pm

Brandon Jackson doesn't have great speed but he did run low 4.4's in his Pro day and he's a lot faster in pads.

I disagree about his blocking ability. He beat out other talented RB's like Marlon Lucky because of his ability to block.

He's going to be a very good NFL player.

Here are my rankings

Lynch
Peterson
Jackson
Pittmann
Bush
Booker
Walker
Irons
Hunt
McGill
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Post#27 » by Proposition Joe » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:29 pm

the bills' hometown paper did a draft report, here's there take on rb:

http://www.buffalonews.com/213/story/47875.html

Running back

The trade of Willis McGahee makes this position a high priority. Fans can fantasize about Oklahoma
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Post#28 » by Proposition Joe » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:40 pm

i looked back on this thread & the first rb draft possibility featured
complete with pic, marshawn lynch. bills' hometown paper agrees.

:)
Sofa_King_We_Todd_Ed
Junior

Post#29 » by Sofa_King_We_Todd_Ed » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:18 pm

id like to see them draft peterson or lynch.. im not totally sold on the idea of signing turner to fill the void at RB

that being said i can really see them taking willis, and that wouldnt be a bad pick either IMO
-MetA4-
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#30 » by -MetA4- » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:37 pm

Kenny Irons is being severely underrated. Theres no question that at 100% he is the 3rd best natural runner in this draft. He was injured all year long which explains his sub par SR season, but skills wise he blows out Pittman, Hunt, etc.
sethc13
Veteran

Post#31 » by sethc13 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:45 pm

-MetA4- wrote:Kenny Irons is being severely underrated. Theres no question that at 100% he is the 3rd best natural runner in this draft. He was injured all year long which explains his sub par SR season, but skills wise he blows out Pittman, Hunt, etc.

The concerns have nothing to do with skill. He is a tough runner with good speed. I love that he runs bigger than he is, but I just don't think that will translate well in the NFL. His best hope is as a second RB, not a premier threat.
-MetA4-
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#32 » by -MetA4- » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:51 pm

sethc13 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The concerns have nothing to do with skill. He is a tough runner with good speed. I love that he runs bigger than he is, but I just don't think that will translate well in the NFL. His best hope is as a second RB, not a premier threat.

Then your ranking still makes no sense. If Irons is dropped because he might not be a premier back, then why is Lorenzo Booker #4? Booker is even LESS of a #1 than Irons is, and unlike Irons who could easily gain weight (look at Carnell Williams) and become a #1 (because his running style translates to the NFL), Booker is almost guaranteed to be nothing more than a scat/change of pace back. Your #3 guy (Antonio Pittman) weighs what? 4-5 pounds more than Irons? Pittman has also yet to prove that he's a #1 guy, and the reason why he even left OSU early was because the guy who he shared carries with (Chris Wells) was going to eat away even more of his carries next year. The only difference between Pittman and Irons is that Pittman: A) plays against MUCH less physical competition and B) OSU's offense, which features an explosive passing attack, doesn't run its running backs into the ground.
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Post#33 » by Proposition Joe » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:13 pm

8 days 18 hrs 25 mins and 10 seconds till draft day

are you emo about it!? me, somewhat. Image
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Post#34 » by Proposition Joe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:22 pm

a q&a with marv levy and tom modrak complete with video highlights
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Next Coming » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:11 am

Thanks Proposition Joe.

Some interesting tidbits that Levy and Modrak reveal.

Cieslak impressed me a lot last year when the coaching staff slotted him in the fullback position and I guessed he caught the attention of the coaching staff because it doesn't seem like they're going to draft a FB in this upcoming draft.

With Shelton not on the roster anymore that's significant news.

LB is a definite need and it sounds like we could probably go with 2 on the first day.

Other than Ellison and Crowell there isn't a lot of LB talent on our roster. Mario Haggan, Josh Stamer and John Diorgio are guys I like but in special team roles. Coy Wire could prove to be a good 3rd down guy on obvious passing situations.

As of now I can totally see the Bills going with 1 RB, 1 CB and 2 LB's on the first day.

WR, TE, OL on the 2nd day.

Here is Chris Brown's blog where Modrak talks a little more about guys like Lynch, Pittman and Leonard.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Post#36 » by Proposition Joe » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:21 pm

Next Coming wrote:Thanks Proposition Joe.

Some interesting tidbits that Levy and Modrak reveal.

Cieslak impressed me a lot last year when the coaching staff slotted him in the fullback position and I guessed he caught the attention of the coaching staff because it doesn't seem like they're going to draft a FB in this upcoming draft.

With Shelton not on the roster anymore that's significant news.

LB is a definite need and it sounds like we could probably go with 2 on the first day.

Other than Ellison and Crowell there isn't a lot of LB talent on our roster. Mario Haggan, Josh Stamer and John Diorgio are guys I like but in special team roles. Coy Wire could prove to be a good 3rd down guy on obvious passing situations.

As of now I can totally see the Bills going with 1 RB, 1 CB and 2 LB's on the first day.

WR, TE, OL on the 2nd day.

Here is Chris Brown's blog where Modrak talks a little more about guys like Lynch, Pittman and Leonard.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

thanks for the breakdown next :D
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Post#37 » by Proposition Joe » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:47 am

one more day to go to draft day :football:
sethc13
Veteran

Post#38 » by sethc13 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:41 am

That kind of looks like a LB. Definitely not a CB. :clap:
Carmelo22
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#39 » by Carmelo22 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:04 pm

Patrick willis baby
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Next Coming » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:27 pm

Mike Mayock dropped this juicy information about an hour ago.

The Jets could trade up and the Bills are possible trading partners because the Bills want more picks and they will then select OLB Paul Posluszny.

Marv Levy drafted LB Shane Conlan in 87 and the Bills could do the same this year.

Return to Buffalo Bills