Great News about our D-Line...

sethc13
Veteran
And1: 0

Great News about our D-Line... 

Post#1 » by sethc13 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 8:47 pm

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/arti ... 50407.html

This article is a must read about our D-Line. The big problem with our D-Line last year wasn't talent, but a lack of bulk in the middle. In our defense one DT plays the 2-technique and one players the 3-technique. We were lacking the larger (and stronger) DT to demand double teams and allow the other to shoot the gap and attack the QB/RB. According to this article, both McCargo and Kyle Williams have bulked up about 11 pounds. This will allow Tripplett and Walker to attack the QB.

In addition, Schobel seems to have dropped a ridiculous 20 pounds this offseason which should make him really fast. Hopefully he doesn't lose much strength, but his specialty is certainly speed and this should make him tough to handle off of the line. QBs better watch out this year.

Kelsay and Denney have also lost about 10 pounds each which should make them quicker as well.

Seems like our D-line is ready to attack. Stout up the middle and quick on the ends, perfect for our defense.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#2 » by Next Coming » Thu Apr 5, 2007 9:52 pm

That's certainly good news about McCargo and Williams but I'm not so sure about Schobel losing 20 pounds.

Our pass rush looks to be a lot better with Walker in the fold but I'm still concerned about our Run defense. Hopefully Marv Levy finds 2 attacking LB's that he's coveted in the draft to plug some holes.
sethc13
Veteran

Post#3 » by sethc13 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 11:19 pm

Next Coming wrote:Hopefully Marv Levy finds 2 attacking LB's that he's coveted in the draft to plug some holes.

Did you watch last year? We only need 1 LB. Ellison and Crowell are both starters in this league.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#4 » by Next Coming » Thu Apr 5, 2007 11:59 pm

For some reason Ellison slipped my mind but we need 1 attacking LB and depth.

As of now we have Stamer, Haggan, Diorgio, Crowell, Ellison, and even Wire as LB's. That's not enough.
sethc13
Veteran

Post#5 » by sethc13 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 12:52 am

Next Coming wrote:For some reason Ellison slipped my mind but we need 1 attacking LB and depth.

As of now we have Stamer, Haggan, Diorgio, Crowell, Ellison, and even Wire as LB's. That's not enough.

I think they'll have plenty of options in either Round 1 (Patrick Willis, Paul Posluszny, or Lawrence Timmons) or Round 2 (John Beason, David Harris, Buster Davis, or Brandon Siler).

Those list of guys are why I'm not too concerned about LB.
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Re: Great News about our D-Line... 

Post#6 » by Proposition Joe » Fri Apr 6, 2007 4:47 pm

Now, though, the highly talented 23-year-old weighs a solid 307, which means he's an ideal size for stymieing opposing offenses' ground games in the Bills' Tampa 2 defense.

:o good lord man that cant possibly be healthy
sethc13
Veteran

Re: Great News about our D-Line... 

Post#7 » by sethc13 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 5:22 pm

Proposition Joe wrote:
Now, though, the highly talented 23-year-old weighs a solid 307, which means he's an ideal size for stymieing opposing offenses' ground games in the Bills' Tampa 2 defense.

:o good lord man that cant possibly be healthy

It is if it's muscle, which is what it sounds like.

Return to Buffalo Bills