definitely a winnable game

thoughts / gameplan??

ps the cover 2 defense sucks
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#2 » by Next Coming » Sun Sep 2, 2007 5:28 pm

Everybody loves Jay Cutler and rightfully so. He's going to be a really good QB but I think we should try and make him beat us.

Travis Henry had his way with us with the Titans last year. Now he's on a better team and playing a run defense that was even worse than last years.

J.P. Losman is going to have to be very efficient especially going up against the best CB combo in the league with Bly and Bailey.

If we can control the clock and win the turnover battle we have a really good shot at winning this game.

Also the Cover 2 is effective when you have the right players.

Penetrating DE's-Check

With Schobel we have one of the better pass rushers in the game and then we have Kelsay, Denney, Hargrove who are above average to good in that department.

1 Technique-1/2

Kyle Williams is already a fan favorite and we were lucky to have him in last year's draft but we need more than him. It's safe to say that Pat Williams if he was here would have solved our Run D problems by himself.

3 Technique-Incomplete

John McCargo has been injured and inconsistent thus far in his career. We really need him to step up.

Attacking LB's-Check

Crowell, Ellison and Posluszny are all attacking LB's but we still need depth at this postion. They are the youngest LB core in the league so there will be growing pains but all can cover well enough to play in this system.

Solid CB's-Incomplete

Terrence McGee and Ashton Youboty are the only quality CB's that we have on our roster right now. Jabari Greer is only good in Practice and Preseason and then he disappears.

Jason Webster and Kiwaukee Thomas are solid vets but we can do a lot better.

Safeties-Check

Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson are two of the biggest bright spots that we have on this team. As rookies they held their own and this year they'll be asked to do a lot more as Fewell gives them more chances to create plays on defense.

Solid depth with Leonard, Wendling and Wilson.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#3 » by MHZ » Thu Sep 6, 2007 10:44 pm

Cutler's certainly in a better position to succeed than he was last season. Healthy offensive line (mainly Matt Lepsis is back), added receiver/blocker in Daniel Graham, another year under Brandon Marshall's belt, and the addition of Travis Henry. It'll be interesting to see what kind of strides he's made since last season.

Denver has historically had trouble in Buffalo, and don't exactly thrive in the early games. They've also had letdowns in game 1 the last few seasons. We'll see what they look like.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Next Coming » Thu Sep 6, 2007 11:45 pm

Denver has put Cutler in a really good position to win. He's surrounded by a lot of weapons in Henry, Walker, Marshall, Graham, Scheffler.

And one of the best offensive minds in the game in Mike Shannahan.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#5 » by Latrell » Sun Sep 9, 2007 7:26 pm

Marshaun Lynch with a very impressive debut..Great run on that TD. You can tell this guy knows how to play already, obviously not a finnished product as he needs to learnn how to block better but he's a threat out of the backfield and a better inside runner than I thought.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,624

Post#6 » by Mak » Sun Sep 9, 2007 8:12 pm

Typical Bills loss.....
GQStylin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#7 » by GQStylin » Sun Sep 9, 2007 8:18 pm

For once you'd wish a kicker would go wide right in the Bills favor. :(
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Next Coming » Sun Sep 9, 2007 8:22 pm

Questionable play calling all day from Steve Fairchild. You kind of question if he has any faith in Losman at all.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Next Coming » Sun Sep 9, 2007 8:24 pm

Kevin Everett, Ko Simpson, Coy Wire and Jason Webster all didn't finish the game.

We were already thin at S, LB and we lose two starters. Very troubling.

On the brighter side Marshawn Lynch, Roscoe Parrish, Paul Posluszny and Donte Whitner all looked great.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#10 » by J.Kim » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:57 am

I hope Everett is okay. Cervical spine injury, and going under immediate emergency surgery.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#11 » by PR07 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:58 am

Things sound pretty serious with Everett, hopefully he'll be okay. My thoughts and prayers to him.
PistonFan4Life
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#12 » by PistonFan4Life » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:55 am

PacersRule07 wrote:Things sound pretty serious with Everett, hopefully he'll be okay. My thoughts and prayers to him.

I didn't see the game but heard about the injury later in the day, what a terrible injury. I hope that he is ok as well. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
bulls 07
Sophomore

Post#13 » by bulls 07 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 am

marshawn looked real tough out there

i am almost getting used to losing these types of games
berserker
Rookie
And1: 25

Post#14 » by berserker » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:42 am

Hi, guys. I'm a Broncos fan. Your team is a hell of a lot better than I thought, and you should have beat us. We got lucky. I wish you all the best, your team played hard and both sides were really getting after the ball.

but,

the real reason I wanted to write is to let you know that Kevin Everett is on everyone's mind, and we're all praying for him up here too. Puts everything in life in perspective when you see that type of injury...

peace. :pray:
whambamslam
Starter

Post#15 » by whambamslam » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:45 am

Watched part of the game and just wanted to give my hope & prayers out to Kevin Everett that he'll be o.k. I can't imagine how tough it must be for his teammates to go and still play all out on special teams.

Return to Buffalo Bills