ImageImageImage

Game # 15 Oakland at Carolina

Moderator: JDR720

ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Game # 15 Oakland at Carolina 

Post#1 » by ohara » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:44 pm

This is a game where we will likely get win #6 to match last season. If we do, I think it saves the job of our Head Coach and he comes back next year. A loss, and Richardson sends him packing. Looking for a solid game by Cam. He has been very good the past few games, and we have won 3 of 4. Defense needs to get some pressure on Palmer today.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,483

Re: Game # 15 Oakland at Carolina 

Post#2 » by Mamba Mentality » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Looks like Palmer got knocked out of the game. This game should be a blowout with Leinart/Pryor taking the remainder of the snaps.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#3 » by ohara » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:19 pm

14 - 3 lead for Carolina, but Cam throws his first INT in 176 passes. Raiders get a TD called back and settle for a FG. Panthers lead 14 - 6.

This game has had some serious BS calls by the refs on Personal Fouls. Both sides have been flagged for unnec. roughness by hitting a defenseless receiver or roughing the QB. Total BS on most of them. Refs are going overboard on these calls. I dont like cheap shots, but when you take the game away from the defense, the game suffers.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#4 » by Mamba Mentality » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:25 pm

I was expecting DeAngelo to play a bigger role in todays game simply due to the Raiders inability to stop the run, but that just hasn't happened. We've dominated for the most part yet it's only a one score game.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#5 » by ohara » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Yep. But we get the win 17 - 6. May just have saved Rivera from the unemployment line. Next week is a game we are not favored to win, so it may be another 6 - 10 season. But Richardson may allow Rivera another year.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mamba Mentality » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Ugly, ugly win.
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#7 » by Rooster » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:34 pm

ohara wrote:Both sides have been flagged for unnec. roughness by hitting a defenseless receiver or roughing the QB. Total BS on most of them. Refs are going overboard on these calls. I dont like cheap shots, but when you take the game away from the defense, the game suffers.

This bothers me a lot. I remember hearing a year or two ago that receivers aren't being trained in how to take his like they used to me, which is alarming. That lack of training shouldn't be rewarded. On a related note, I heard a commentator get all worried that James Harrison might be "going for the knees" during a recent Steelers game... eventually there'll be nowhere left to hit but the chest, which is the worst place to tackle someone.

Easy win, good for the confidence, worst case now is another 2-8 -> 6-10. Lots to build on, just need to get going more quickly.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.

Return to Carolina Panthers