ImageImageImage

FINALLY, Beason signs

Moderator: JDR720

SlicedBread
Senior
And1: 4

FINALLY, Beason signs 

Post#1 » by SlicedBread » Mon Aug 6, 2007 1:41 am

I know.. this is old. And anyone who visits this board knew this last night... but I'll put it on the board anyway.

The holdout is over.

Carolina Panthers first-round draft pick Jon Beason signed his contract this morning, the team announced. That ends an eight-day holdout that cost Beason 12 practices.

Beason arrived in Charlotte on Saturday night and finalized the deal with team officials this morning. He'll be at his first training camp practice in Spartanburg on Monday morning.

http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/224686.html

Just in time. With Diggs day=to-day and a couple of other guys nicked up, we'll need Beason more than ever. Seems both parties could've gotten together earlier and made this compromise a LOT earlier.
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#2 » by Rooster » Mon Aug 6, 2007 4:06 pm

:clap:

Any idea on the final figures?

Having both Beason and Diggs means so much depth.

Davis ___ Morgan ___ Beason
Diggs and the French boy off the bench

We'll need to look at playing some 3/4 with Jenkins at NT, especially if Bush and Williams see a lot of carries against us. being able to play four or even five rotation-quality LBs at once will be huge. As mentioned, helps with the injury bug too.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
freakon0mics
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#3 » by freakon0mics » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:50 am

He looked great during the preseason game against the Giants.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

Return to Carolina Panthers