Image Image Image Image

2018-19 expectations

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,124

2018-19 expectations 

Post#1 » by patryk7754 » Wed May 2, 2018 3:15 am

With the player acquisition period basically over i thought I’d be a good time to talk about expectations for the team

Defensively: I expect more of the same. We didn’t really improve in any category, just stayed the same. Improvement of the defense will heavily depend on the progression on young talent. Amos has proofed to be a top level safety. Floyd has been really good when healthy but he has issues staying on the field. Eddie Jackson had a great rookie season and I expect him to improve. The glaring issue, however is that turnovers has been this defense’s big weakness and nothing was really done to improve that. Unless something changes with our players that we currently have we see more of what we saw last season.

Offensively: I think the success is heavily dependent on Trubisky. Ignoring the QB for a second, we have top ten offensive talent. I think we’re all reluctant to go all in on Trubisky because we as bears fans are use to almo nothing but incompetence from our play callers and QBs. However, Trubisky showed significant improvements as the season went by and maybe we would have seen a lot more if Fox wasn’t so against playing offense using a QB. I expect him to be used like Alex smith was and I expect him to fill that role very well. Will he have the same success as Wentz did from year one to year two? Probably not. But I expect him to show us he can play in this league at a high level.

Coaching: Nagy has already showed his wisdom with the coaches and staff he’s hired are him. Keeping Fangio, bringing in ND oline coach and brad Childress so he know smart people. In KC he showed he can run an offense. The one big question is, can he lead men.

Overall I think we are missing only one thing to be a playoff team, experience. This is still one of the most youthful teams in the nfl and now we have a rookie HC. I expect us to be very competitive in almost every game but miss out on the playoffs. If we’re not competitive the seat is officially hot for Pace. I don’t think he’ll be fired because that would mean we’re on our third GM in ten years and I don’t think ownership wants that so they’ll give him one more shot. But the only goal will be playoffs.

Return to Chicago Bears