Read on Twitter
?s=19
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,083

Re: Week 3 - Bears @ Cardinals 

Post#62 » by Chi town » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:45 am

Good road win after an awful start. That says a lot about the heart of this team.

1. Mitch misses deep balls because he’s too amped up. Needs to relax and put some air under the ball and give his guys a chance.

2. This would have been a decent Money Mitch game without the turnovers... and Bears would have won probably 20-7. He’s was under lots of pressure and the run game didn’t help him at all.

3. It’s just going to take time for this defense and offense to gel. Growing pains for Mitch.

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#63 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:12 am

I really don't want to see Mitch throwing the ball 35 times a game anymore. At least for the time being.

If any criticism of Nagy exists is that he needs to run the ball more. Get more creative with the run game. Get Mitch down to around 25-28 attempts a game for now till he proves he can handle more.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#64 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:28 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I really don't want to see Mitch throwing the ball 35 times a game anymore. At least for the time being.

If any criticism of Nagy exists is that he needs to run the ball more. Get more creative with the run game. Get Mitch down to around 25-28 attempts a game for now till he proves he can handle more.

With Miller down for a good amount of time Howard and Cohen will have to carry the offense with some passes sprinkled in. Mitch needs to complete those verticals.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#65 » by Chi town » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:47 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I really don't want to see Mitch throwing the ball 35 times a game anymore. At least for the time being.

After rewatching the game...

1. Nagy looked lost as a play caller.

2. Where is the RPO.

3. Our running game hasn’t been good. Kush with two penalties. Daniels needs to start.

4. Mahomes has wide open receivers everywhere. Mitch seems to never have guys wide open. He’s missed a couple guys in the first 3 games... Mahomes has guys wide open on nearly every play. Everyone compares Mitch to Mahomes... Mahomes has been in this offense 2xs as long as Mitch.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#66 » by Chi town » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Axxo wrote:

With Miller down for a good amount of time Howard and Cohen will have to carry the offense with some passes sprinkled in. Mitch needs to complete those verticals.

More Cohen and Howard are good IMO. I think White will replace Miller just fine too. Shaheen will come back at some point.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 910

Post#67 » by HearshotKDS » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Good win against a bad team, but Trubisky's accuracy issues on intermediate-deep routes continues to be a surprise issue: the kid's biggest strength in college was his accuracy so if that fails him at this level: Oof.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#68 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Chi town wrote:
Axxo wrote:

More Cohen and Howard are good IMO. I think White will replace Miller just fine too. Shaheen will come back at some point.

Kevin white...? Cringe :uhoh:
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,959

Post#69 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:23 pm

Mitch is struggling so bad its limiting the offense .

The run game was fine when we actually ran the ball just watch the first half .

First possession Howard and Cohen get big chunks and we move down the field and Mitch takes a sack on 3rd and 6 turning what should've been a 30 yard chip shot into a 46 yard missed fg

Second possession no runs called and Mitch fumbles

Third possession derailed by Kush chopped Block but Mitch seemed dead set on trying to go deep to Gabriel :noway:

fourth possession 1st and goal inside the 5 and we come away with a fg

5th possession defense gets a the ball right back with a to and Mitch gives it right back with a pick

and thats just the first half

The biggest problem on this team is Mitchs inability to connect consistently on deep balls and read defenses because hes taking too many sacks on 3rd and 6 .

When he did connect with Robinson and Burton on different possessions deep . It opened up the field tremendously for the team and we had big runs to follow those plays.

Its 15 games in the scouting report on Mitch is out and he has to do more to change the narrative .I know Mahomes has open receivers but so does Mitch Mahomes just has done a better job at taking advantage of it and giving his guys more catchable deep balls . How many times have seen Mitch go deep and the ball not be within 5 yards of his receivers .

The best thing for Mitch would probably be sitting and learning right now but that ship has sailed sol all he can do is get into that film room and study that film fr his past games as well as the upcoming opponents .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Post#70 » by Axxo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:Mitch is struggling so bad its limiting the offense .

The run game was fine when we actually ran the ball just watch the first half .

First possession Howard and Cohen get big chunks and we move down the field and Mitch takes a sack on 3rd and 6 turning what should've been a 30 yard chip shot into a 46 yard missed fg

Second possession no runs called and Mitch fumbles

Third possession derailed by Kush chopped Block but Mitch seemed dead set on trying to go deep to Gabriel :noway:

fourth possession 1st and goal inside the 5 and we come away with a fg

5th possession defense gets a the ball right back with a to and Mitch gives it right back with a pick

and thats just the first half

The biggest problem on this team is Mitchs inability to connect consistently on deep balls and read defenses because hes taking too many sacks on 3rd and 6 .

When he did connect with Robinson and Burton on different possessions deep . It opened up the field tremendously for the team and we had big runs to follow those plays.

Its 15 games in the scouting report on Mitch is out and he has to do more to change the narrative .I know Mahomes has open receivers but so does Mitch Mahomes just has done a better job at taking advantage of it and giving his guys more catchable deep balls . How many times have seen Mitch go deep and the ball not be within 5 yards of his receivers .

The best thing for Mitch would probably be sitting and learning right now but that ship has sailed sol all he can do is get into that film room and study that film fr his past games as well as the upcoming opponents .

i went back and watched some of Mitch's UNC games. He actually was over throwing in those games too. His strength was his short to mid range passing. His accuracy decreased on the deep balls. His pocket presence was an issue then as well. His draft value pre-draft was a mid to late 1st round pick and i think we are seeing mid to late 1st round skill level.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#71 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:33 am

fleet wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Khalil Mack is pretty much the reason this team got the win. His presence is such a game changer it's ridiculous.

Pace is lucky Grudens a idiot because we would be 0-3 and people would be ready to put Pace and Mitchs heads on spikes ..right now its just Mitchs

The future of the team seems rather limited in upside if the coach and QB are mediocre. Mack can't do it all.

Miller injury is disturbing. Separated shoulder. Redshirted in college for shoulder injury. I believe he had flags as far as reinjury risk overall as a player

I don't think the coach is mediocre. Sure Nagy has some improvements to make in regards to situational play calling, but when you watch the Cheifs and Bears offenses, you see a difference in what plays are being called and run . Reality is, Mitch is handicapping Nagy, just like he did with Fox (credit to Chitown, because he called that last season).
Axxo
Analyst

Post#72 » by Axxo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
fleet wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:

Pace is lucky Grudens a idiot because we would be 0-3 and people would be ready to put Pace and Mitchs heads on spikes ..right now its just Mitchs

The future of the team seems rather limited in upside if the coach and QB are mediocre. Mack can't do it all.

Miller injury is disturbing. Separated shoulder. Redshirted in college for shoulder injury. I believe he had flags as far as reinjury risk overall as a player

I don't think the coach is mediocre. Sure Nagy has some improvements to make in regards to situational play calling, but when you watch the Cheifs and Bears offenses, you see a difference in what plays are being called and run . Reality is, Mitch is handicapping Nagy, just like he did with Fox (credit to Chitown, because he called that last season).

PFF identified that Mitch cannot throw to his left. And all misses deep middle. Teams are going to key in on this. How long does it take to fix something like this?
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#73 » by heir_jordan22 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:22 am

Chi town wrote:

2. Where is the RPO.

3. Our running game hasn’t been good. Kush with two penalties. Daniels needs to start.

4. Mahomes has wide open receivers everywhere. Mitch seems to never have guys wide open. He’s missed a couple guys in the first 3 games... Mahomes has guys wide open on nearly every play. Everyone compares Mitch to Mahomes... Mahomes has been in this offense 2xs as long as Mitch.

You're watching a different Mitch from the rest of us. Bears receivers are open on every play, and Mitch is even making the correct read most of the time. But he can't hit the side of a barn.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#74 » by Axxo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:52 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:
Chi town wrote:

2. Where is the RPO.

4. Mahomes has wide open receivers everywhere. Mitch seems to nev8er have guys wide open. He’s missed a couple guys in the first 3 games... Mahomes has guys wide open on nearly every play. Everyone compares Mitch to Mahomes... Mahomes has been in this offense 2xs as long as Mitch.

You're watching a different Mitch from the rest of us. Bears receivers are open on every play, and Mitch is even making the correct read most of the time. But he can't hit the side of a barn.

You are right. Dont know if its mental or just cant at the nfl level. So strange b/c the scouting reports on him vary.

And here is the accuracy chart for NFL QBs
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/list/pass
Look at Mitch's
Chi town
RealGM

Post#75 » by Chi town » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:31 am

No. Mitch doesn’t have WRs open on every play. Watch the tape.

Lots of this is on Nagy too his play calling has been weak. Way too many WR screens.

Mitch needs to improve no doubt. To say he’s missibg wide open receivers on every play is nonsense.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#76 » by City of Trees » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Mitch is missing WR's.... But its correctable, which is encouraging.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Axxo
Analyst

Post#77 » by Axxo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:45 am

Frightening stat brought up by P.Schrags...yikes

Return to Chicago Bears