Image Image Image Image

NFC Wildcard: Eagles @ Bears, Sunday, Soldier Field, 3:40 CST, TV-NBC

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Re: NFC Wildcard: Eagles @ Bears, Sunday, Soldier Field, 3:40 CST, TV-NBC 

Post#81 » by 2018C3 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 3:36 pm

What a great Season this team had, I wish it could have been extended further.

Bears football was a lot of fun to watch this past year. In Football things change fast, and from season to season you are never guaranteed future success. Teams rise and fall fast in this league. With that being said, I have high hopes with the makeup of this team going forward.

I'm at peace with the way the season ended. Getting to see the Bears rise past both the Packers, and the Vikings was nice to see. It blows that it all ended with a missed kick, I'm just happy that the last play did not end on a mistake from our quarterback. Hopefully this season gives Mitch some confidence, and he continues his growth going into next season.

In order for this team to become a consistent title threat, the offense is going to need to improve and a lot of its potential falls squarely on Mitch's back. Next year the offense is going to need him to take another step up in his progression. The defense as great as it is, its going to need some more help on the other side of the field to become legit contenders.

One thing that was great to see this year, is win or loose they were pretty much in every game with a chance to win. Were all going to remember this season fondly for a long time.

"Its amazing what the team accomplished considering from where they came from the year before. Remember that they did all of this with a 1st year head coach, and a quarter back who has limited experience. Prior to his NFL Career Mitch only had 13 starts in college. I do not think we have seen the best of him yet, and he still has room to grow. Next year Nagy will be more familiar with his roster, and Mitch will have a successful season under his belt. Those are good building blocks".

Going forward this season I will root for the Eagles out of respect. They beat us fair and square, I hold no animosity and the further they go, just shows us how much closer we are to where we want to be.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,959

Re: NFC Wildcard: Eagles @ Bears, Sunday, Soldier Field, 3:40 CST, TV-NBC 

Post#82 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Jan 8, 2019 6:44 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
Susan wrote:The first half (up until that last drive) they were tight on offense, but then Mitch started moving the ball really well when they went uptempo. The problem is that we can't have that uptempo offense all the time because it puts too much pressure on the defense. When Mitch needed to respond, he did and he played pretty great in his last drives.

Pace has made very few mistakes as the GM. Letting Robbie Gould go is his biggest and he has a chance to right that wrong this offseason.

Nagy has made few personnel mistakes thus far. Playing Mizell and not trusting Howard has been his biggest. Howard got rolling more in the second half of the year but Nagy needs to do a better job of getting the running game rolling.

i watched the game again this evening, and the bears should be kicking themselves about how they played in the first half up until that last drive. IMO that was the difference in the game, you let the other team hang around and it comes back to bite you. They needed to open the offense up a little more in the first half. great run for the bears this year, but I feel like it shouldve continued longer...

All season Nagy did his thing and had a pretty open offense, so it was definitely odd and confusing to see him come out and not test the eagles secondary from the get go.

If he does that right off the bat, the Bears aren't relying on Parkey to win.

Oh well, lost season. Big thing for next season is going to be if they can continue to stay relatively healthy.

Nagy just flat out blew it going up against his buddy figuring they were from the same school so Pederson would know all of his tendencies and essentially gave us a watered down version of everything we didnt like about the offense for most of the game .

4 touches for Cohen.. How do you even conceive a game plan with your biggest playmaker getting only 4 touches ?

It a one score game for much of the game and you throw it 40+ time and run it 14 ? AT HOME !!

Mizell on the first series ???????
Benny ?

I could go on and on with a long list of things that go against pretty much everything Nagy has said and shown throughout the regular season . Im more upset with what Nagy showed in this game than what Parkey showed and was very happy with Mitch.

After watching the game again another thing that stood out to me and I have been on this all season is

wr -Bellamy 6'0 208 lbs
wr-Gabriel 5' 8 165 lbs
wr-Miller 5'11 190 lbs
rb- Cohen 5'6 181 lbs
rb- Howard 6'0 224lbs

wr- A.Robinson 6'3 211 lbs
TE- Burton 6'3 235 lbs

So Burton goes out and the thought process is not to go activate

wr- Wims 6'4 215 lbs even after he looked good last week but instead double down with

rb-Mizzell 5'10 185lbs
rb-Benny 5'10 218 lbs

Now the rook may not have known the entire playbook but you put him out there across from Robinson for a series with the few plays he does know and take your shots down the field because at the very least Wims and Robinson had huge physical advantages over that Eagles secondary .

Its going to be interesting to see how Nagy accesses everything including how having such extreme duplication of size and skillset affects the run game.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"

Return to Chicago Bears