Image Image Image Image

Matt Nagy is new Head Coach of the Chicago Bears

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Re: Matt Nagy is new Head Coach of the Chicago Bears 

Post#41 » by Susan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm

All signs are pointing to Fangio returning.

This is starting off WAY better than the Trestman era when both Toub and Mareneli refused to stick around and we wound up with freaking Mel Tucker.
Susan
RealGM

Post#42 » by Susan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:52 pm

I'm reading that the new O-Line coach is going to be NDs current O-Line coach and former Bear coach Harry Heistand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Hiestand
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#43 » by transplant » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Susan wrote:I'm reading that the new O-Line coach is going to be NDs current O-Line coach and former Bear coach Harry Heistand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Hiestand

Love it! Hiestand is very, very footbally.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,143

Post#44 » by CjayC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:38 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
CjayC wrote:Don't know how true this is, and I highly doubt Ballard is going around telling everyone who he thinks is his number 1 option, but the Bears might have poached Indy's HC #1.

Source tells me the Indianapolis Colts were all in on hiring Matt Nagy. Uncertainty on health of Andrew Luck vs Mitchell Trubisky + Nagy’s belief the Bears roster is much better made decision for him. “Pace landed him by convincing him sunny days are ahead for the Bears.”

If true the Andrew Luck situation might be worse than thought within league circles. It doesn't sound like Mcdaniels would have passed, although in their minds they believe they were Mcdaniels' 2nd option. Any coach hired to the Colts has no idea when Luck is coming back, and what that throwing arm is gonna look like. Its a huge risk going to them.

Ryan Pace not only took the Bears position from Ballard, but also just stole his #1 coaching candidate.

Yeah he must really hate that guy on some level. He was basically groomed to take the Bears job, and someone else got it. Meanwhile that Indy job is looking like a fixer-upper itself.
CjayC
RealGM

Post#45 » by CjayC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
CjayC wrote:Don't know how true this is, and I highly doubt Ballard is going around telling everyone who he thinks is his number 1 option, but the Bears might have poached Indy's HC #1.

Source tells me the Indianapolis Colts were all in on hiring Matt Nagy. Uncertainty on health of Andrew Luck vs Mitchell Trubisky + Nagy’s belief the Bears roster is much better made decision for him. “Pace landed him by convincing him sunny days are ahead for the Bears.”

If true the Andrew Luck situation might be worse than thought within league circles. It doesn't sound like Mcdaniels would have passed, although in their minds they believe they were Mcdaniels' 2nd option. Any coach hired to the Colts has no idea when Luck is coming back, and what that throwing arm is gonna look like. Its a huge risk going to them.

It makes sense though given the Kansas City connection between Ballard and Nagy. Maybe Toub gets the job because of it. It sounds like Nagy is just as high on Trubisky as Pace is, which is a great start.

Toub would be a good fit. He doesn't have to develop a QB, and he can just install. His attention to detail is second to none, and I think he'll be able to get better coordinators than Mcdaniels, using his Andy Reid connections.

I know that's gotta be awkward though. I'm sure Nagy and Ballard were pretty cool on some level working with each other in some capacity for several years. Either he's scared by Jim Irsay or there's no timeline on Luck's shoulder.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#46 » by Axxo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell is available....
CjayC
RealGM

Post#47 » by CjayC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:41 pm

I wouldn't mind him. People will remember the superbowl flop, but he's done more with less up there in Seattle(Save for Wilson, and the occasional receiver here or there). At the least he has experience in scheming for oline deficiencys.
Susan
RealGM

Post#48 » by Susan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:41 pm

They're going after former Oregon HC Mark Helfrich for the OC position.

The guy who had the Hiestand info is saying he's the OC.

Fangio seems to be locked up but I'd like to have confirmation today!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#49 » by City of Trees » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Hiestand hired as OL coach... Exciting news!

Also the Bears now have the most in depth scouting reports for ND G Nelson and OT McGlinchey. Both top 15 players

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#50 » by Axxo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:50 pm

CjayC wrote:I wouldn't mind him. People will remember the superbowl flop, but he's done more with less up there in Seattle(Save for Wilson, and the occasional receiver here or there). At the least he has experience in scheming for oline deficiencys.

Right..but remember Nagy is calling the plays. Bevell is a Reid guy through Brad Childress currently the asst HC for KC. Childress is a Nagy mentor. So this is a huy who knows that system and was QB coach for Brett Favre.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#51 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:35 pm

City of Trees wrote:Hiestand hired as OL coach... Exciting news!

Also the Bears now have the most in depth scouting reports for ND G Nelson and OT McGlinchey. Both top 15 players

I'm hoping for an OL or pass rusher.

Mcglinchey sounds like he could be a good get
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 764

Post#52 » by karch34 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:47 pm

City of Trees wrote:Hiestand hired as OL coach... Exciting news!

This make me very happy! One of the best OL coaches out there and he did a great job in the past with us. Really like the way things are moving so far.
CjayC
RealGM

Post#53 » by CjayC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 pm

Axxo wrote:
CjayC wrote:I wouldn't mind him. People will remember the superbowl flop, but he's done more with less up there in Seattle(Save for Wilson, and the occasional receiver here or there). At the least he has experience in scheming for oline deficiencys.

Right..but remember Nagy is calling the plays. Bevell is a Reid guy through Brad Childress currently the asst HC for KC. Childress is a Nagy mentor. So this is a huy who knows that system and was QB coach for Brett Favre.

That's fine, just having his mind around is good. He can scheme other parts of the game plan even tho ultimate last decisions will be on Nagy. I know they usually had a nice run game in Seattle. This looks like the beginning of a foundation
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#54 » by transplant » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 am

Brad Biggs is reporting that Browns Special Teams Coordinator, Chris Tabor, has accepted the Bears special teams job
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Susan
RealGM

Post#55 » by Susan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 am

transplant wrote:Brad Biggs is reporting that Browns Special Teams Coordinator, Chris Tabor, has accepted the Bears special teams job

Another ex Bears coach and coached under Toub.
Susan
RealGM

Post#56 » by Susan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:49 am

Read on Twitter

Not Toub but close enough!
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#57 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 am

Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Makes you nervous that he's from the Browns, but hopefully he's learned a lot from Toub.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Matt Nagy is new Head Coach of the Chicago Bears 

Post#58 » by City of Trees » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:21 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Makes you nervous that he's from the Browns, but hopefully he's learned a lot from Toub.

Browns anything should make you nervous but the bottom of the Browns roster was complete trash. How much of their performance was coach related vs. Talent related?

heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#59 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:52 am

Tabor is a good signing. I think he had an AFC special teams player of the week at least once in every season from 2011-2016, and was the only coach to accomplish that. Consider how bad the Browns roster was throughout that streak.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#60 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 am

Tabor, the OL coach and the new RB coach were all here under Lovie, correct?

Return to Chicago Bears