chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,959

Re: Turkey Day week 12 Mitchless Bears @ Lions 

Post#41 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:57 am

Axxo wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
Axxo wrote:I expect more for 10 mil. Defense saving the day costs less.
You sure are nitpicking a player who got no reps.

Honestly though... Im starting to believe you enjoy complaining. For example, the Bears win a nationally televised game with their back up QB on the shortest rest for any team ever (I believe), and your counter to Susan's excitement included finding a replacement for our 5th or 6th DB.

Yes the special teams coach could use upgrading. Another KR would be nice. Replacing Cooper will take place once Bray goes back to the Practice Squad. Thats a short list compared to most other teams.

R-E-L-A-X

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

No..my counter to Susan is that this back up QB is overpaid. A back up QB could do this for less money

I dont know about that what backup knows this system well enough to step in with no practice ? What backup was cheaper that could help Mitch but also play ? Chad Henne ,Glennon ? Gabbert ?

Chase was worth more to us because we were installing a new system he was had numerous years in .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#42 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:10 am

My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#43 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:12 am

Susan wrote:Huge win for this team. Literally the shortest gap between games in NFL history and with the backup QB, on the road against a team you played 10 days ago.

8-3 with the Giants next. Get another victory and then bring on the Rams. BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS!

I'm really excited to see how this defense does against that offense. Happy the game is at home.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#44 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:27 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:Im more concerned about Nagy at this point because you come out and have your backup in the Shotgun the entire game . I would've lined him up under center and then ran Howard and Cunningham before opening this offense up to all shotgun all the time. It says a lot about their belief in the running game.

I'd say the Bears run blocking is subpar, so that I'm sure plays into it.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#45 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:31 am

I'm guessing as Pace has to start paying guys he might let Howard go (or maybe trade him) and draft another RB that is more in mold to fit Nagy's offense.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#46 » by Axxo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:18 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Axxo wrote:
City of Trees wrote:You sure are nitpicking a player who got no reps.

Honestly though... Im starting to believe you enjoy complaining. For example, the Bears win a nationally televised game with their back up QB on the shortest rest for any team ever (I believe), and your counter to Susan's excitement included finding a replacement for our 5th or 6th DB.

Yes the special teams coach could use upgrading. Another KR would be nice. Replacing Cooper will take place once Bray goes back to the Practice Squad. Thats a short list compared to most other teams.

R-E-L-A-X

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

No..my counter to Susan is that this back up QB is overpaid. A back up QB could do this for less money

I dont know about that what backup knows this system well enough to step in with no practice ? What backup was cheaper that could help Mitch but also play ? Chad Henne ,Glennon ? Gabbert ?

Chase was worth more to us because we were installing a new system he was had numerous years in .

I get the fact that Chase knew the system and therefore was the top choice to serve as the back up and help Mitch learn the system. As you and I discussed during the game...for someone who knew the system i expected Chase to move the ball. It took a really long time to get any movement. If Statford didn't throw those picks I feel like whatever Chase did give us on the offensive side would not have been enough. I look at this situation as being the same in a win or loss. So if Bears would have lost I would have had the same opinion.

Mabe I just have a different idea of what a back up QB who has been in a system for 5 years should look like. Especially if he asked for 10 mil. Ex: Josh McCown back when he stepped in for Jay. To me thats what Chase should have performed like.

I also felt Nagy could have opened things up a bit more to help him out which I also spoke about during the game. Obviously the latter statement is in no way the QBs fault.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#47 » by Susan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Axxo wrote:
Axxo wrote:No..my counter to Susan is that this back up QB is overpaid. A back up QB could do this for less money

I get the fact that Chase knew the system and therefore was the top choice to serve as the back up and help Mitch learn the system. As you and I discussed during the game...for someone who knew the system i expected Chase to move the ball. It took a really long time to get any movement. If Statford didn't throw those picks I feel like whatever Chase did give us on the offensive side would not have been enough. I look at this situation as being the same in a win or loss. So if Bears would have lost I would have had the same opinion.

Mabe I just have a different idea of what a back up QB who has been in a system for 5 years should look like. Especially if he asked for 10 mil. Ex: Josh McCown back when he stepped in for Jay. To me thats what Chase should have performed like.

I also felt Nagy could have opened things up a bit more to help him out which I also spoke about during the game. Obviously the latter statement is in no way the QBs fault.

He literally had no reps with the 1st team and moved the ball at a decent clip.

Josh McCown literally put up 13 TDs and 1 INT with 8.2 YPA and 228 YPG in 8 games that year, so less than 2 TDs/game. Chase put up 230 yards, 7.3 YPA and 2 TDs in his only game this year. So...not sure what the heck you're talking about.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#48 » by transplant » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Susan wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Josh McCown literally put up 13 TDs and 1 INT with 8.2 YPA and 228 YPG in 8 games that year, so less than 2 TDs/game. Chase put up 230 yards, 7.3 YPA and 2 TDs in his only game this year. So...not sure what the heck you're talking about.

Daniel was more than competent and for me, competence is all I look for in a backup QB...God knows we've seen less than this over the years in much less important games, $5 mil very well spent IMO.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#49 » by 2018C3 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:34 pm

I'm not ready to crown them, as I do believe there are better teams in the NFL.

This team does have me excited though, they have been really fun to watch this year. Going into the season I wasn't sold on Mitch, but thought if he could just become average in his position this team might possibly one day have a chance. Mitch has put those concerns to rest, I now consider him a average quarterback in just his 2nd season. Hopefully he continues his improvement.

This team reminds me a lot of those 2001-2010 teams that had a decent run making the playoffs several times. This season my expectations have been raised, and I'm now expecting to see this team in the playoffs this year.

Mack was a huge addition, and we now have one of the most exciting defenses in the league. (Just the way I like it), and the offense still has plenty of room to grow within the personnel that is currently on the field.

One of my concerns going forward is this season in particular we have benefited from lots of timely calls in many of our games. Many of the timely calls have switched momentum in our favor. This is one season where I believe the refs have been our friend, (I'm not complaining). But as a observer it is something I have noticed.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#50 » by Axxo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:50 pm

transplant wrote:
Susan wrote:
Axxo wrote:I get the fact that Chase knew the system and therefore was the top choice to serve as the back up and help Mitch learn the system. As you and I discussed during the game...for someone who knew the system i expected Chase to move the ball. It took a really long time to get any movement. If Statford didn't throw those picks I feel like whatever Chase did give us on the offensive side would not have been enough. I look at this situation as being the same in a win or loss. So if Bears would have lost I would have had the same opinion.

Daniel was more than competent and for me, competence is all I look for in a backup QB...God knows we've seen less than this over the years in much less important games, $5 mil very well spent IMO.

If the total contract was only 5 I'd be ok with it. His contract is 10 mil.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/chase-daniel-7081/
Axxo
Analyst

Post#51 » by Axxo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:51 pm

transplant wrote:
Susan wrote:
Axxo wrote:I get the fact that Chase knew the system and therefore was the top choice to serve as the back up and help Mitch learn the system. As you and I discussed during the game...for someone who knew the system i expected Chase to move the ball. It took a really long time to get any movement. If Statford didn't throw those picks I feel like whatever Chase did give us on the offensive side would not have been enough. I look at this situation as being the same in a win or loss. So if Bears would have lost I would have had the same opinion.

Axxo
Analyst

Post#52 » by Axxo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Susan wrote:
Axxo wrote:

Didnt you say you were done discussing topics with me? Then why are you still responding...this response was to chitownsprt
transplant
RealGM

Post#53 » by transplant » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Axxo wrote:
transplant wrote:
Susan wrote:

So if he was signed to a one-year $5mil contract, you 'd be ok with it?
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#54 » by 2018C3 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:56 pm

I do not follow contracts much, but from what I saw yesterday I'm completely ok with what I saw from the backup. Over the years I have seen much worse performances from many of our so called starting quarterbacks.

This guy went into a game where he was not not practicing with the first team, and had just basically three days to prepare and managed to not mess things up.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#55 » by Axxo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:33 pm

transplant wrote:
Axxo wrote:
transplant wrote:Daniel was more than competent and for me, competence is all I look for in a backup QB...God knows we've seen less than this over the years in much less important games, $5 mil very well spent IMO.

If he got 2 yrs at 2.5 or 1 yr at 5 with no extension. Total contract of 5 mil seems reasonable.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Josh+McCown&player_id1_select=Josh+McCown&player_id1=McCoJo01&fromyear_1=2011&toyear_1=2013&player_id2_hint=Chase+Daniel&player_id2_select=Chase+Daniel&player_id2=DaniCh00&fromyear_2=2010&toyear_2=2018
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#56 » by Susan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Axxo wrote:
Susan wrote:

Didnt you say you were done discussing topics with me? Then why are you still responding...this response was to chitownsprt

I'm not done correcting you and bringing up relevant stats to your points.

You said he needed to play like McCown did when he took over for you to be happy and I pointed out the stats from McCown's year here and how similar Chase's stats yesterday was.

The Bears won with their backup QB with no reps, with 88 hours in-between games, against a divisional opponent that they played 10 days ago and you're complaining about the backup QB contract. It's literally the dumbest argument. You were clamoring for Colt McCoy earlier in the thread, Colt threw 3 picks yesterday and got a big fat L.
transplant
RealGM

Post#57 » by transplant » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Axxo wrote:
transplant wrote:
Axxo wrote:If the total contract was only 5 I'd be ok with it. His contract is 10 mil.

If he got 2 yrs at 2.5 or 1 yr at 5 with no extension. Total contract of 5 mil seems reasonable.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Josh+McCown&player_id1_select=Josh+McCown&player_id1=McCoJo01&fromyear_1=2011&toyear_1=2013&player_id2_hint=Chase+Daniel&player_id2_select=Chase+Daniel&player_id2=DaniCh00&fromyear_2=2010&toyear_2=2018

So if the Bears cut him before next season, he will have cost them $7mil capwise. If they keep him, it's $10mil for 2 seasons, right?

Axxo
Analyst

Post#58 » by Axxo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:14 pm

Susan wrote:
Axxo wrote:
Susan wrote:

I'm not done correcting you and bringing up relevant stats to your points.

You said he needed to play like McCown did when he took over for you to be happy and I pointed out the stats from McCown's year here and how similar Chase's stats yesterday was.

The Bears won with their backup QB with no reps, with 88 hours in-between games, against a divisional opponent that they played 10 days ago and you're complaining about the backup QB contract. It's literally the dumbest argument. You were clamoring for Colt McCoy earlier in the thread, Colt threw 3 picks yesterday and got a big fat L.

Cowboys are a better team than Det for 1. 2 Colt is only getting 2.5 mil. He shouldnt be throwing the ball as much as Smith. AD should have been featured much more. And the defense had alot more to do with that loss on top of that. 3. I was not clamoring to bring Colt McCoy here. I was comparing his contract as a back up who had been in the specific system for Jay Gruden same way Chase was for Nagy. Not asking for McCoy to be signed here at 2.5 or 5 or whatever. So I'm goimg to make things slil easier here b/c i tired of your condescending responses. I'm just going to ignore you going fwd.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#59 » by Axxo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:23 pm

transplant wrote:

So if the Bears cut him before next season, he will have cost them $7mil capwise. If they keep him, it's $10mil for 2 seasons, right?

7 M guaranteed at signing for sure. So at min they'd be on the hook for that for this season.
transplant
RealGM

Post#60 » by transplant » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:42 pm

transplant wrote:
Axxo wrote:So if the Bears cut him before next season, he will have cost them $7mil capwise. If they keep him, it's $10mil for 2 seasons, right?

7 M guaranteed at signing for sure. So at min they'd be on the hook for that for this season.

I'm ok with that. You're not. That's fine by me.

Return to Chicago Bears