City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: Off-season plan 

Post#61 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:26 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Someone on here brought up that he might be cut because of the time he's missed.

Its intriguing to see what Pace will do with the spot. Give it to Kwit, sign a FA or draft someone.

My guess is since Kwit played at a high level when he was in, he'll get it but there are a lot of high level ILB available in FA including Demario Davis and Bowman and its important to note Bowman played under Fangio in SF and Pace has shown with the Trevathan signing that he'd use connections to sign FAs. That's also why I think we're one of the favorites to get Peters if the Cheif actually make him available.

Pace loves his athletes in Round 1.

Draft Edmunds.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

I think he'd be our edge rusher instead of ILB
thats what some are saying but I'm not so sure.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,126

Post#62 » by patryk7754 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:52 pm

City of Trees wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Pace loves his athletes in Round 1.

Draft Edmunds.

I think he'd be our edge rusher instead of ILB
thats what some are saying but I'm not so sure.

Everything I've seen is that he's has a good amount of work to do in coverage skills. But he can come in right away and be an elite pass rusher. I don't think we draft a aLb for the inside. If we do get one it'll be an edge rusher
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,959

Re: Off-season plan 

Post#63 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:14 am

Read on Twitter
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#64 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:34 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Read on Twitter

Chances they take ol first round just went up.

That Nelson kid from Notre Dame comes to mind.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#65 » by patryk7754 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:37 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
Read on Twitter

Chances they take ol first round just went up.

That Nelson kid from Notre Dame comes to mind.

I think that might be the goal but I think he’ll be gone by our pick. If the broncos get Cousins I think they take him at 5 since their G is garbage.

Also I think the jets will try and trade with the giants and if that happens I think the giants take him at six
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#66 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:44 pm

We're saving $11 million by letting Freeman and Sitton walk.

I think we're good at ILB because we still have Trevathan, Kwiatkowski, Jones (re-sign), Timu, and Anderson.

OG/C isn't as clear because we have the Bears might want Kush to take the OG spot, might want Whitehair to slide over and let Grasu take C, might be target Nelson in the draft.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#67 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:20 pm

More guys who are still on the cut list:
Cuts and savings:

Glennon 11.5 - useless

Massie 5.6 - need an upgrade
Sims 5.67- only a blocker, deep youth at position
Cooper 4.5 - didn't work out

Wheaton 5 - might keep him for depth, unless enough talent can be acquired to get rid of him. Haven't seen what he can do yet

McPhee 7.07 - too expensive for the production. Try to restructure.

Young - I think we'd save 3.5 if we cut him. Something to consider if we can get enough young options at good prices

Demps 3.6 -i would keep him because he's a good veteran presence and can play either safety position under Fangio. Wouldn't start for me
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#68 » by patryk7754 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:39 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:We're saving $11 million by letting Freeman and Sitton walk.

I think we're good at ILB because we still have Trevathan, Kwiatkowski, Jones (re-sign), Timu, and Anderson.

OG/C isn't as clear because we have the Bears might want Kush to take the OG spot, might want Whitehair to slide over and let Grasu take C, might be target Nelson in the draft.

We should go after Norwell. Possibly the best G in the league and we just cut a really good one. He's only 26 I think
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#69 » by Axxo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:58 pm

Mcphee and Demps released
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#70 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:39 am

Axxo wrote:Mcphee and Demps released

A part of me feels robbed we never got to see what McPhee could have been. Injuries suck.

As for the cap, Pace is making the cuts we all thought he should make. Glennon needs to be next.

patryk7754
General Manager

Post#71 » by patryk7754 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:51 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Axxo wrote:Mcphee and Demps released

A part of me feels robbed we never got to see what McPhee could have been. Injuries suck.

As for the cap, Pace is making the cuts we all thought he should make. Glennon needs to be next.

Right now, we're at 63 in cap. After cutting Glennon we'll have almost 75. I also think Young, Cooper and possibly Wheaton are all gone.

With all this cap, im interested in what Pace has planned. In previous years, it seems like his plan was to add a lot of depth and sign some FA steals. This year, we have the depth and only a couple glaring Needs. Unfortunately, the guys who would fill those needs don't really seem like Pace type of guys. We need a DE and the best available is Sheldon Richardson and eventually Wilkerson but both have character issues. We have a huge need at WR with only Watkins, Allen Robinson, and Jordan Mathews that are number ones. All three have serious injury issues and I don't think Watkins is leaving LA, we'd have over pay Robinson for him to come here and we already have the exact same player in Mathews with Mereidth. CB is also a big need for us but the market is slim. Johnson is probably the best available at the moment but he's gonna want to be overpaid and Pace already passed up on Gilmore for the same thing so i don't see why he'd wouldn't do the same with Johnson, who isn't as good. Butler doesn't fit our system. Joseph, Hall, and Newman are all still really good but are all old as dirt.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#72 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:45 pm

Robinson is getting the franchise tag. You can cross him off of your list.

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#73 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:08 pm

So how much cap space are the Bears going to have?

Also wondering why they haven't cut Glennon yet?
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#74 » by Axxo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:12 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:So how much cap space are the Bears going to have?

I kno right...Glennon should have been the 1st to go.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#75 » by patryk7754 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:49 pm

Axxo wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:So how much cap space are the Bears going to have?

I kno right...Glennon should have been the 1st to go.

They're probably waiting out to see if the can trade him or there might be more money saved if they wait past a certain date.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#76 » by patryk7754 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 pm

City of Trees wrote:Robinson is getting the franchise tag. You can cross him off of your list.

Man, we might not have anyone to sign. Ansah has been tagged as well.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#77 » by patryk7754 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:57 pm

Something that's been coming up with the Jets is that they will offer Cousins a huge front loaded contract. The significance of that is that they'll have, I believe, will have nearly 100mil in cap. If the Jets do give Cousins 50 mil in his first year and have much lower cap hits for future years that will mean they will have nearly the same about of cap next year to surround him with talent.

My point is since the FA market is thinning out maybe we use the same strategies with restricted rosters. We front-load the restricted contracts and that'll leave flexibility for next season.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#78 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:07 am

patryk7754 wrote:Something that's been coming up with the Jets is that they will offer Cousins a huge front loaded contract. The significance of that is that they'll have, I believe, will have nearly 100mil in cap. If the Jets do give Cousins 50 mil in his first year and have much lower cap hits for future years that will mean they will have nearly the same about of cap next year to surround him with talent.

My point is since the FA market is thinning out maybe we use the same strategies with restricted rosters. We front-load the restricted contracts and that'll leave flexibility for next season.

How much can you front load a contract? I'm sure there are rules set in place to only do it by so much, because otherwise teams would take advantage of it every year.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#79 » by patryk7754 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:10 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Something that's been coming up with the Jets is that they will offer Cousins a huge front loaded contract. The significance of that is that they'll have, I believe, will have nearly 100mil in cap. If the Jets do give Cousins 50 mil in his first year and have much lower cap hits for future years that will mean they will have nearly the same about of cap next year to surround him with talent.

How much can you front load a contract? I'm sure there are rules set in place to only do it by so much, because otherwise teams would take advantage of it every year.

I don't think there is. I was listening to ESPN radio and they were talking about giving cousins 50mil in his first year.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#80 » by patryk7754 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:14 am

I think we can take off Cooper and Sims off the cut list. We'd now save less than 2 mil for each cut.

Return to Chicago Bears