Jordan Howard trade rumors

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Jordan Howard trade rumors 

Post#1 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:06 am

Check out these search results: https://twitter.com/search?q=jordan%20howard%20trade&s=09

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/04/jordan-howard-removes-bears-pictures-from-his-instagram-account/

Jordan Howard added a little bit of fuel to his own trade rumors this week after apparently removing every Chicago Bears related picture from his Instagram account.

Man, if he's traded I really hope it's for good value.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Re: Jordan Howard trade rumors 

Post#2 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 7:49 am

I like Jordan Howard, but reading through twitter, he's kind of overrated by Bears fans.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be annoyed if they trade him just to move up a few spots without getting another pick back (3rd rounder or something), but I would definitely move him for the right price. I see "superstar" being thrown out as describing him, and I can't agree with that.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#3 » by Axxo » Thu Apr 5, 2018 2:31 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I like Jordan Howard, but reading through twitter, he's kind of overrated by Bears fans.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be annoyed if they trade him just to move up a few spots without getting another pick back (3rd rounder or something), but I would definitely move him for the right price. I see "superstar" being thrown out as describing him, and I can't agree with that.

One thing that stands out is he cant catch passes. That makes him limited esp with a creative play caller like Nagy.

Edit: As a side note, Bears shoot themselves in the foot alot. All they had to do was leave Glennon in for 2 more games and they wouldnt need to trade up in this draft.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,589

Post#4 » by fleet » Fri Apr 6, 2018 6:31 am

The new lower your helmet penalty is going to hurt big power backs that go through the line with their heads down like bowling balls. He might be less effective going forward.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#5 » by Susan » Mon Apr 9, 2018 2:09 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I like Jordan Howard, but reading through twitter, he's kind of overrated by Bears fans.

He's productive as heck. 2400+ yards in his first 2 seasons is pretty rare.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=1970&year_max=2017&season_start=1&season_end=2&pos%5B%5D=qb&pos%5B%5D=rb&pos%5B%5D=wr&pos%5B%5D=te&pos%5B%5D=e&pos%5B%5D=t&pos%5B%5D=g&pos%5B%5D=c&pos%5B%5D=ol&pos%5B%5D=dt&pos%5B%5D=de&pos%5B%5D=dl&pos%5B%5D=ilb&pos%5B%5D=olb&pos%5B%5D=lb&pos%5B%5D=cb&pos%5B%5D=s&pos%5B%5D=db&pos%5B%5D=k&pos%5B%5D=p&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2017&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=pick_overall&conference=any&draft_pos%5B%5D=qb&draft_pos%5B%5D=rb&draft_pos%5B%5D=wr&draft_pos%5B%5D=te&draft_pos%5B%5D=e&draft_pos%5B%5D=t&draft_pos%5B%5D=g&draft_pos%5B%5D=c&draft_pos%5B%5D=ol&draft_pos%5B%5D=dt&draft_pos%5B%5D=de&draft_pos%5B%5D=dl&draft_pos%5B%5D=ilb&draft_pos%5B%5D=olb&draft_pos%5B%5D=lb&draft_pos%5B%5D=cb&draft_pos%5B%5D=s&draft_pos%5B%5D=db&draft_pos%5B%5D=k&draft_pos%5B%5D=p&c1stat=rush_yds&c1comp=gt&c1val=2400&c2stat=rec_yds&c2comp=gt&c5val=1.0&order_by=yds_from_scrimmage

It kinda reminds me of Greg Olsen. If Blount can be a major cog in Philly's offense, Howard can be a major cog in ours. He's got so much talent that it would hurt to see us give him up already. Butttt, if somebody wants to pay a major price for him, then sure.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,589

Post#6 » by fleet » Mon Apr 9, 2018 2:36 pm

This offense needs the tailback to perform and to line up as a receiver sometimes. So Howard limits the playbook, and limits the versatility of this offense. Howard is maybe going to be let go at some convenient point if the Bears find a replacement candidate. Which they may not of course. Perhaps done before they need to re-sign him. They can work around him, and he can provide his usual benefit to the offense if this system is good. As they say, show me a system that can't use a good player, I'll show you a bad system.

And that new helmet rule has the potential to take the edge off his game. You would hate too see his value go down before the Bears pulled the trigger.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#7 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 6:11 pm

Susan wrote:

He's productive as heck. 2400+ yards in his first 2 seasons is pretty rare.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=1970&year_max=2017&season_start=1&season_end=2&pos%5B%5D=qb&pos%5B%5D=rb&pos%5B%5D=wr&pos%5B%5D=te&pos%5B%5D=e&pos%5B%5D=t&pos%5B%5D=g&pos%5B%5D=c&pos%5B%5D=ol&pos%5B%5D=dt&pos%5B%5D=de&pos%5B%5D=dl&pos%5B%5D=ilb&pos%5B%5D=olb&pos%5B%5D=lb&pos%5B%5D=cb&pos%5B%5D=s&pos%5B%5D=db&pos%5B%5D=k&pos%5B%5D=p&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2017&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=pick_overall&conference=any&draft_pos%5B%5D=qb&draft_pos%5B%5D=rb&draft_pos%5B%5D=wr&draft_pos%5B%5D=te&draft_pos%5B%5D=e&draft_pos%5B%5D=t&draft_pos%5B%5D=g&draft_pos%5B%5D=c&draft_pos%5B%5D=ol&draft_pos%5B%5D=dt&draft_pos%5B%5D=de&draft_pos%5B%5D=dl&draft_pos%5B%5D=ilb&draft_pos%5B%5D=olb&draft_pos%5B%5D=lb&draft_pos%5B%5D=cb&draft_pos%5B%5D=s&draft_pos%5B%5D=db&draft_pos%5B%5D=k&draft_pos%5B%5D=p&c1stat=rush_yds&c1comp=gt&c1val=2400&c2stat=rec_yds&c2comp=gt&c5val=1.0&order_by=yds_from_scrimmage

It kinda reminds me of Greg Olsen. If Blount can be a major cog in Philly's offense, Howard can be a major cog in ours. He's got so much talent that it would hurt to see us give him up already. Butttt, if somebody wants to pay a major price for him, then sure.

He's very productive running the ball, but he isn't the best fit for this offense and most modern offenses.

Like I said, I'm not trading him just for the sake of trading him. It would have to be good value in return.

Now if he could consistently catch the ball, he would he a superstar.

Return to Chicago Bears