?s=19
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Re: Bears select LB Joel Lyiegbuniwe 115th over all 

Post#2 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:56 pm

Don't know much about him. Is he a edge rusher?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Iggy studied biology at Western Kentucky but is putting med school on hold for his football career. Said he wants to be a pediatrician.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Pace thrives in the later rounds. I wont doubt this pick because I have no clue who this player is.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Guess he will play ILB

Read on Twitter
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:30 pm

He runs a 4.60 40

Read on Twitter
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#7 » by City of Trees » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:33 pm

This is the only highlight reel I can find

https://vimeo.com/257938330

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#8 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#9 » by Axxo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:38 pm

Annoucer said joel has durability issues
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,143

Post#10 » by CjayC » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Pace's yearly WTF pick lol. But I'm not gonna even pretend to know what these teams value around this point.

Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks were talking him up. Compared him to Telvin Smith and think he can be an impact guy. Bears said they see him at ILB. We'll see/
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#11 » by Axxo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:48 pm

CjayC wrote:Pace's yearly WTF pick lol. But I'm not gonna even pretend to know what these teams value around this point.

Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks were talking him up. Compared him to Telvin Smith and think he can be an impact guy. Bears said they see him at ILB. We'll see/

Thank you CJay. I wasnt going to say anything, but yeah
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,591

Post#12 » by fleet » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:17 pm

The Bears stocking up on the munchkin linebacker. Hope it works.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,628
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#13 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:34 pm

fleet wrote:The Bears stocking up on the munchkin linebacker. Hope it works.

They want the defense to be fast, that's for sure. Now we just have to hope that our players can actually get to the ball.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,143

Post#14 » by CjayC » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:47 pm

fleet wrote:The Bears stocking up on the munchkin linebacker. Hope it works.

This is the new wave. Smaller, but fast as heck Linebackers to combat all those weird scenarios offenses try to put the defense in with mismatches coming out of the backfield and with their TE's. I read a stat that most of the top Linebackers are around 6'1, 240ish, the exception being Kuechely and someone else I can't think of at the moment.

They like Kwiatkowski as a thumper and a blitzer, but he's not fast enough to keep up with these RB's coming out of the backfield and even some of the TE's. Trevathan has had some injury issues, and they lost Christian Jones who had come around as pretty good depth.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#15 » by fleet » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Well thats what they are suddenly saying on the internets anyway. To on purpose look for little linebackers that are fast, skeptical about that. Maybe they just have more of a chance to make a team because teams run the ball less. I doubt Brian Urlacher is phased out of today's game for being too big. Fast and big is still best.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: Bears select LB Joel Lyiegbuniwe 115th over all 

Post#16 » by City of Trees » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:39 pm

fleet wrote:Well thats what they are suddenly saying on the internets anyway. To on purpose look for little linebackers that are fast, skeptical about that. Maybe they just have more of a chance to make a team because teams run the ball less. I doubt Brian Urlacher is phased out of today's game for being too big. Fast and big is still best.

Outside of Edmunds there wasnt really a solid ILB prospect with 6'3 - 6'4 size/speed/and instincts.

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Re: RE: Re: Bears select LB Joel Lyiegbuniwe 115th over all 

Post#17 » by fleet » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:30 pm

City of Trees wrote:
fleet wrote:Well thats what they are suddenly saying on the internets anyway. To on purpose look for little linebackers that are fast, skeptical about that. Maybe they just have more of a chance to make a team because teams run the ball less. I doubt Brian Urlacher is phased out of today's game for being too big. Fast and big is still best.

Outside of Edmunds there wasnt really a solid ILB prospect with 6'3 - 6'4 size/speed/and instincts.

We'll see about that choice down the line. I liked an Edmunds trade down if necessary. I as a fan may have the luxury of waiting for the 19 year old to develop. Pace is in a situation of pressure after years of losing and went plug and play. That's how years of previous failure can affect the present. Impatience can develop. Smith is clearly a convenient way out for him. If Smith is really Ray Lewis then I'll forgive Mr Pace. :wink:

The problem with picking Joel right there in round 4, is not his measurables, but his grade. Total reach. Some good O line and pass rush prospects were right there, and Pace took Joel 2 rounds early.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Bears select LB Joel Lyiegbuniwe 115th over all 

Post#18 » by City of Trees » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:43 pm

fleet wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

We'll see about that choice down the line. I liked an Edmunds trade down if necessary. I as a fan may have the luxury of waiting for the 19 year old to develop. Pace is in a situation of pressure after years of losing and went plug and play. That's how years of previous failure can affect the present. Impatience can develop. Smith is clearly a convenient way out for him. If he's really Ray Lewis then I'll forgive him :wink:

The problem with picking Joel right there in round 4, is not his measurables, but his grade. Total reach. Some good O line and pass rush prospects were right there, and Pace took Joel 2 rounds early.

How do you know Joel went 2 rounds early? Thats your assumption as a fan. 2 days ago both you and I didnt even know he was a prospect who entered the draft ..... But now today you know where he ranked on every teams draft board?

What I do know is when he was picked neither of the networks said it was a reach at that spot.

I'm not defending Pace here...
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#19 » by fleet » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:48 pm

Hey I have no idea, just a guess. But he's a smallish backup behind Trevathan and Smith at that point, and the Bears needed a pass rusher.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#20 » by heir_jordan22 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:01 pm

I would also guess they'll try Kwiatkowski on the outside. He was also draft at 235lbs, just to remind everyone. But he's slower than these guys.

Definitely needed more depth across the board at LB. I'd like to add one more OLB but I really like the Smith and Fitts picks. Plus I do think one more ILB is a need if they move Kwit over at all.

Pace has dominated round 4 so far in his career. Let's see what happens

Return to Chicago Bears