Image Image Image Image

At least the Bears are doing well

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,960
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

At least the Bears are doing well 

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:39 pm

Well, reading through the threads doom and gloom has descended upon Bulls fandom. Hopefully this thread injects a little cheer into our boards until Markkanen, Dunn, BP, and Valentine are back (And I hope they make the team better than this slop we are seeing on a game by game basis).

The Bears had a huge off season and are starting to click. The playoffs are a distinct possibility now because:

1. Mack is just spectacular as a generational defensive player. Had he not injured his ankle he would be even more lights out. He has elevated the D to a new level. The front 7 & secondary are all balling and have the opportunity to be one of the best units in years for the Bears. The takeways and points generated are the best in the NFL, WOW!!
2. Trubs has slowly started to gain confidence and since the TB game is playing on a whole other level. Now with the meaty part of the schedule coming up (Divisional matchups and the Rams in December) it will be the real test to see how he finishes the season. The passing has been better and better with each passing game despite a degraded Oline due to Long's injury and starting Daniels as a rookie. The receiving with Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Burton, & Cohen is starting to become special. With Shaheen coming back look out. The running has not been what it should be but maybe it picks up in the upcoming games.

Now for the MEH - Parkey and the specials teams have been crap.

Oh well can't have everything.

My prediction - 10-6 and a WC but if we beat Minnesota 11-5 is a possibility and the division title.

GO BEARS!!!
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: OT: At least the Bears are doing well 

Post#2 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:19 pm

Bears saved the winter. They really did. I really look forward to every Bears game. Christmas isn't canceled after all.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#3 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm

With a defense like the Bears have, ANYTHING can happen. If Mack can get back to 100% and stay there and Mitchell keeps improving by the minute, the Bears have a legit shot to beat any team on "any given Sunday". (or Thursday....... or Monday.......or even Saturday in the playoffs).

I was listening to the radio in my car yesterday and some of the national guys were talking about Mitch. Saying that he may be a Top Five QB by the end of the season. Talked about the growth and maturity he's shown throughout this season. I have to agree. His decision making, his passing, his execution and vision have all improved tremendously with each game.

Preseason Mitchell was ranked 28th in QB rankings in the NFL and Mahomes was ranked 29th. As of right now Mahomes has the 2nd highest total quarterback rating in the league and Mitch is 4th!

I couldn't be happier with his progression this season. Or with the Bears in general.

I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:43 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:With a defense like the Bears have, ANYTHING can happen. If Mack can get back to 100% and stay there and Mitchell keeps improving by the minute, the Bears have a legit shot to beat any team on "any given Sunday". (or Thursday....... or Monday.......or even Saturday in the playoffs).

I was listening to the radio in my car yesterday and some of the national guys were talking about Mitch. Saying that he may be a Top Five QB by the end of the season. Talked about the growth and maturity he's shown throughout this season. I have to agree. His decision making, his passing, his execution and vision have all improved tremendously with each game.

Preseason Mitchell was ranked 28th in QB rankings in the NFL and Mahomes was ranked 29th. As of right now Mahomes has the 2nd highest total quarterback rating in the league and Mitch is 4th!

I couldn't be happier with his progression this season. Of with the Bears in general.

Johnny, additionally one could make a legitimate argument the Bears could or should be 9-0. Think about that for a minute.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#5 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:46 pm

People might say.. "well, Mitch is only rated so highly because he runs for a lot of yards, what about just the passing game".. So, let's take out the running game altogether.

He's still ranked Top Ten in the NFL in passer rating.. if you told me Mitchell would have 19 TD's and just 7 INT's at this point, I would said... "now, that would be fantastic for the young man"...

panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,522

Post#6 » by panthermark » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:30 pm

After that Detroit win.....I'm ALMOST ready to start talking about about the "p" word..... If they beat Minny, I think we can officially start talking about it. When I first thought about the "p" word, this clip popped into my head.

Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,341

Post#7 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:25 pm

People often compare Mahomes and Biscuit but I wonder what Mahomes would look like had he lost a year under Fox. Biscuits a year behind in pretty much the same offense.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,143

Post#8 » by CjayC » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:28 pm

More than happy with what we got. It was funny that so many people talked down on that draft, but Mitch, MAhomes, and Watson are all looking to be franchise QBs. If you look around the league its a lot of the younger guys that are really balling at QB sans the usual suspects( Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Newton, Ryan, Cousins, Luck).

This year has been absurd for QB. 10 years ago you'd be lucky if 3 or 4 guys broke that. Now you got like nearly half the league with 100 QB ratings.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#9 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Gonna head over to bears forum soon to post this but, mack has been compared to Lawrence Taylor.
Mack literally appeared the role imo, but from the left side.

He got 2 sacks from the RIGHT side last week, but generally ,Mack has looked more dominant from the left side imo. Beating double and triple teams.
I guess he still looks good off the right side but not LT.
CjayC
RealGM

Post#10 » by CjayC » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:44 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Gonna head over to bears forum soon to post this but, mack has been compared to Lawrence Taylor.
Mack literally appeared the role imo, but on from the left side.

He got 2 sacks from the RIGHT side last week, but generally ,Mack has looked more dominant from the left side imo. Beating double and triple teams.
I guess he still looks good off the right side but not LT.

Its more about jump starting Floyd. The dropoff from moving Floyd to the other side is a lot lower than having Floyd try to play on the right side.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:19 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:People often compare Mahomes and Biscuit but I wonder what Mahomes would look like had he lost a year under Fox. Biscuits a year behind in pretty much the same offense.

Not to mention he really only played 13 games of Div I ball as a starter at QB. Mahomes as a comparison had 20 more games as a starter. Plus we need forget the mess of a system he had to endure under Fox/Log.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#12 » by Susan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:27 pm

lol at the discussion that Mack wasn't worth it.

Changed this franchise for the next DECADE with that trade.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#13 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:31 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:People often compare Mahomes and Biscuit but I wonder what Mahomes would look like had he lost a year under Fox. Biscuits a year behind in pretty much the same offense.

Not to mention he really only played 13 games of Div I ball as a starter at QB. Mahomes as a comparison had 20 more games as a starter. Plus we need forget the mess of a system he had to endure under Fox/Log.

It's amazing how far Mitch has come in just 9 games into this. He still has a long way to go but you can see the progress. You can see him figuring things out, starting to understand his reads. He still makes a couple of throws every game that you shake your head at, but even the best QB's do this from time to time. I think next year is going to be the real break out season for Mitch, although I'm hoping that he can stay on this trajectory this season and by the (dare I say) playoffs, we might just have something going on.

If the Packers can lose tonight to the Seahawks and the Bears can just win Sunday night and Thursday, they will take a command of the division that will make it hard for Green Bay or Minnesota to over take them with 4-5 games left. Sunday night is so crucial to pin a loss on the Vikings and pick up that 7th win because coming back so soon Thursday and playing in Detroit is going to be tough. That is going to be the Lions Super Bowl game for the season to win on Thanksgiving and play spoilers on us.

Go Seahawks! I love having a meaningful Thursday night football game on tonight.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,573

Post#14 » by mj234eva » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Wish that hadn't blown that Dolphins game.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
CjayC
RealGM

Post#15 » by CjayC » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Shaheen should be coming back which will be tremendous help. Shaheen's a good athlete for his size and huge. With Nagy scheming these guys open so well its gonna be huge security blanket for Mitch in a different way from Burton.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,780

Post#16 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Agreed. Mahomes had Smith to mentor him and Reid/Nagy to bring him along.

Mitch has Mike Glennon to "mentor" him and Fox/Loggains to bring him along.

Advantage: Mahomes.

As much as Nagy and Helfrich has help Trubisky developed, I do think Chase Daniel has been invaluable as a guy who has help Mitch pick up the offense.

With that said, Bear down and beat the Vikings.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#17 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 pm

mj234eva wrote:Wish that hadn't blown that Dolphins game.

Or the Green Bay game..... or the Patriots game. As Malaga has already stated, this team is so very close to being 9-0 right now, it's crazy really. It just goes to show you how little room for error there is every game in the NFL. You have to close out those close games. I think this team is learning and those losses can't sit well with them.

So important to come out Sunday night on national TV against Minnesota and take care of business. These next 7 days are CRUCIAL to the season for us. Sunday night and then Thanksgiving. Two national spotlight games against division opponents.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#18 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:01 pm

Mitchell Trubisky's 'process' now has him on record pace

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Minnesota Vikings won't recognize the Mitchell Trubisky who made his NFL debut against them on Oct. 9, 2017.

Which is good news for the Chicago Bears when the teams meet Sunday night at Soldier Field with first place in the NFC North on the line.

Trubisky played relatively well in that 2017 game, but a fourth-quarter pick by Vikings safety Harrison Smith sealed the Bears’ fate in front of a national audience on a Monday night.

“I think I’ve grown a lot since that play,” Trubisky said Wednesday. “I’m not the same player, not even close. I’ve gotten better since that instance, and I’m excited for the opportunity this weekend.”

Trubisky enters the Vikings game as the reigning NFC Offensive Player of the Week after throwing for 355 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions and also rushing for a touchdown in a 34-22 home victory over the Detroit Lions. It was Trubisky's first win over an NFC North team in seven tries.

“I’m very proud of Mitch,” Bears left tackle Charles Leno Jr. said..............

There's a lot of which to be proud. Trubisky, the No. 2 overall pick by the Bears in 2017, has 1,969 yards of total offense and 19 combined touchdowns over the past six games.

--------

Moreover, the Bears are in first place and riding a three-game winning streak.

“He's seen more defenses now,” Bears coach Matt Nagy said. “Every game, every third down that he sees, every red zone defense that he sees, put it in a locker and we’ll come back to that next year, like, ‘Oh yeah, I remember that play, running that play against that defense.’ It’s all banking knowledge right now for him, and that’s important. He’s slowly improving, which I love. It’s not going to be an overnight thing; he had a good game and we want to continue to have those good games, but there’s a process to it.”

Trubisky's improvement from Year 1 to Year 2 is enormous.........

Full article here...

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago-bears/post/_/id/4708689/mitchell-trubiskys-process-now-has-him-on-record-pace
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,593

Post#19 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:06 pm

I will be at Sunday's game vs Vikings with 9 family members freezing my Florida tail off. If you want to look for me, find the tailgating van with 9 people outside cooking brats and one guy in the front seat with the engine running trying to warm up, that will be me.

Couldn't get one person to commit to going to Saturday Bulls home game vs Toronto, lazy bastages. Granted when we had the talk the bears game was originally at noon and getting home at midnight then getting back up at 5am to tailgate wasn't very attractive.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:I will be at Sunday's game vs Vikings with 9 family members freezing my Florida tail off. If you want to look for me, find the tailgating van with 9 people outside cooking brats and one guy in the front seat with the engine running trying to warm up, that will be me.

Couldn't get one person to commit to going to Saturday Bulls home game vs Toronto, lazy bastages. Granted when we had the talk the bears game was originally at noon and getting home at midnight then getting back up at 5am to tailgate wasn't very attractive.
CC, I checked ticket prices and they were outrageous even for 300 level seats.

Return to Chicago Bears