Image Image Image Image

Week 17: Bears @ Vikings, Sunday 3:25 CST, FOX TV

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Week 17: Bears @ Vikings, Sunday 3:25 CST, FOX TV 

Post#1 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:24 am

The Minnesota Vikings (8-6-1) will host the Chicago Bears (11-4) in the regular-season finale for both teams at 3:25 p.m. (CT) Sunday.

This is the fourth time in five regular seasons for the Vikings to host the Bears, but this time, there are playoff implications on the line for both teams.

A victory by Minnesota would send the Vikings to the postseason for the third time in four seasons. Chicago already clinched the NFC North and a playoff berth. The Bears can claim the No. 2 seed in the NFC with a win and a loss by the Los Angeles Rams.

The Bears won the first meeting between the teams 25-20 by building a lead early and protecting it late at Soldier Field on Nov. 18.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Re: Week 17: Bears @ Vikings, Sunday 3:25 CST, FOX TV 

Post#2 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:15 am

Interesting scenario here. If we lose, we will have to play the Vikings for the 3rd time in a 7 week span (never a good thing when a team gets to see you that much) in the WC game. But if we win and Philly gets in, would you rather play the defending champs on a roll or the Vikings?

I would love to see the Rams lose the 49ers and us win and get the bye, but just don't see it happening with a bye on the line at home. So it's Vikings AGAIN, or the Eagles.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#3 » by Axxo » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:39 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Interesting scenario here. If we lose, we will have to play the Vikings for the 3rd time in a 7 week span (never a good thing when a team gets to see you that much) in the WC game. But if we win and Philly gets in, would you rather play the defending champs on a roll or the Vikings?

I would love to see the Rams lose the 49ers and us win and get the bye, but just don't see it happening with a bye on the line at home. So it's Vikings AGAIN, or the Eagles.

I dont want to see a repeat of what happened in 2010 when we let GB into the playoffs when we should have eliminated them. It turned out not to be a meaningless regular season game after the packers beat us in the 1st round. I'm for eliminating the vikings. The Eagles are banged up and with our defense why should we be trying to dodge Nick Foles.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,960
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#4 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:47 pm

I am predicting (Hoping too) we come out firing on all cylanders and the run game going from the start. Minn's D is great against the run so we will see. I think our D harrases Cousins all game.

My score:

Bears 27
Vikes 20
Oh yeah, forgot one thing. Muck Finnesota!!
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#5 » by transplant » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:02 pm

I hate this game. How do you prepare a team to play against a team that will be playing for their season when everyone is talking about what you'll do MID-GAME if another game (Rams-Niners) goes a certain way. This is just so f'd up. Most of it's coming from the media and they don't have any idea about how professional athlete's prepare for battle.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#6 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:10 am

transplant wrote:I hate this game. How do you prepare a team to play against a team that will be playing for their season when everyone is talking about what you'll do MID-GAME if another game (Rams-Niners) goes a certain way. This is just so f'd up. Most of it's coming from the media and they don't have any idea about how professional athlete's prepare for battle.

My guess is that Nagy is preparing them to play the entire game, but won't tell them what his decision will be in regards to watching what the rams are doing.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
transplant
RealGM

Post#7 » by transplant » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:07 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
transplant wrote:I hate this game. How do you prepare a team to play against a team that will be playing for their season when everyone is talking about what you'll do MID-GAME if another game (Rams-Niners) goes a certain way. This is just so f'd up. Most of it's coming from the media and they don't have any idea about how professional athlete's prepare for battle.

My guess is that Nagy is preparing them to play the entire game, but won't tell them what his decision will be in regards to watching what the rams are doing.

I'm sure that you're guess is spot on, but we can't pretend that this whole "mid-game adjustment" thing might not be in some players' minds and that this may be a distraction. In the NFL, where the difference between winning and losing is usually very small, distractions are a very bad thing. Nagy is honest to a fault IMO. I'd be happier if he just stuck with "we're playing this game like any other...to win."
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#8 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:18 pm

transplant wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:

I'm sure that you're guess is spot on, but we can't pretend that this whole "mid-game adjustment" thing might not be in some players' minds and that this may be a distraction. In the NFL, where the difference between winning and losing is usually very small, distractions are a very bad thing. Nagy is honest to a fault IMO. I'd be happier if he just stuck with "we're playing this game like any other...to win."

We he has said that all week to the media
transplant
RealGM

Post#9 » by transplant » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:06 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
transplant wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:My guess is that Nagy is preparing them to play the entire game, but won't tell them what his decision will be in regards to watching what the rams are doing.

He has also acknowledged that he will have his peeps with an eye on the Rams game. Bottom line is that the results of a NFL game that is being played simultaneously with the Bears game could affect how Nagy coaches his game.

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#10 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:11 am

transplant wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
transplant wrote:I'm sure that you're guess is spot on, but we can't pretend that this whole "mid-game adjustment" thing might not be in some players' minds and that this may be a distraction. In the NFL, where the difference between winning and losing is usually very small, distractions are a very bad thing. Nagy is honest to a fault IMO. I'd be happier if he just stuck with "we're playing this game like any other...to win."

He has also acknowledged that he will have his peeps with an eye on the Rams game. Bottom line is that the results of a NFL game that is being played simultaneously with the Bears game could affect how Nagy coaches his game.

Never disagreed about that.

I just think if he practices like he's playing to win the game the players will go in with the same mentality. While in the middle of the game, I don't see the players letting up unless the coach pulls them out.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,960
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#11 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Kyle Long should be on a limited snap count today.

Read on Twitter
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#12 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Should be a good game. The vikes are on their last gasp, i see them as a passing team with a solid Defense. Top 3 defense actually.
chicagoballer
Sixth Man
And1: 210

Post#13 » by chicagoballer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:45 pm

if the Rams continue to pile it up on the niners, time to sit out starters after half-time. Anthony miller already down, and I gotta believe its going to be a couple weeks out atleast. Lets avoid injuries, especially after the starters got some burn
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#14 » by johnnyvann840 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:15 pm

chicagoballer wrote:if the Rams continue to pile it up on the niners, time to sit out starters after half-time. Anthony miller already down, and I gotta believe its going to be a couple weeks out atleast. Lets avoid injuries, especially after the starters got some burn
As long as we've got the game in hand. I think it's important that we knock the Vikings out.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#15 » by johnnyvann840 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:16 pm

I sure hope Anthony Miller's alright though
Axxo
Analyst

Post#16 » by Axxo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:17 pm

I can see where this game is headed...11-5 record for the season
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#17 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:23 pm

Axxo wrote:I can see where this game is headed...11-5 record for the season

Not so sure about that.
chicagoballer
Sixth Man
And1: 210

Post#18 » by chicagoballer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:25 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
chicagoballer wrote:if the Rams continue to pile it up on the niners, time to sit out starters after half-time. Anthony miller already down, and I gotta believe its going to be a couple weeks out atleast. Lets avoid injuries, especially after the starters got some burn
As long as we've got the game in hand. I think it's important that we knock the Vikings out.

I was thinking the same before this game but vikings dont look good at all right now. I like our chances against them in the playoffs.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#19 » by Axxo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Axxo wrote:I can see where this game is headed...11-5 record for the season

Not so sure about that.

Rams winning 21-3. If you think Daniels could beat the Vikes starters after Nagy pulls ours....
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#20 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Cody Parkey sucks so god damn much.

Return to Chicago Bears