ImageImageImageImage

What is left?

LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

What is left? 

Post#1 » by LoveThemCavs » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:47 am

Okay, so I'm gonna bite my tongue on the earlier picks. I want to know whats left to pick from? Getting someone on DL, especially DE would be great with our next pick. Heck at this point, I'm almost wanting us to trade the rest of our draft to get back in the top of the fourth. Deep down, I don't think that would be very smart though. So what are you hoping for for day 2? We could go DE, NT, RB, or OG and I'd be happy.
snazel
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#2 » by snazel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:11 am

I can honestly see us dealing either DA or Chaun (or both) or our fifth to move back up into rd4 and take either Bush or Pittman. If that doesn't happen, I can see us filling out the draft at DE prospects and maybe an OT project (nat dorsey meh). I can also see us takin a gander at Antonio Johnson, Clifton Ryan, Luis Leonard (maybe more of a NT guy), Conrad Bolston, Jeremy Clarke, Derrick Jones..few of those guys are UDFA types I would think, though. Wouldn't be surprised if we landed another WR or SS, too.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#3 » by B Mac » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:31 am

Priority has to be:
RB/DE
NT
Best player available
snazel
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#4 » by snazel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:47 am

B Mac wrote:Priority has to be:
RB/DE
NT
Best player available

I'm not real sure NT is a real priority, actually. The 370lb dlineman who does backflips and reportedly runs a 4.9 sounds downright scary, as does a guy like Soliai, but we've got Big Ted, Shaun Smith, Ethan Kelley, J'vonne Parker,and Babushinobe all on the roster at NT. That's 5 pure NT prospects who (IMO) can't really rotate in at DE (maybe aside from Ethan). Big Ted is old for sure, but we've really got a couple of young prospects with some promise here already, and I'd personally focus on RB/DE more and I'd even put WR and SS depth above NT at this point.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#5 » by B Mac » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:18 am

Well that list was meant to be in order. Meaning that we should look at RB's and DE's first before we even look at a NT. I probably should have just put RB/DE and then BPA, but decided to throw NT in there just because our D-line as a whole is our biggest weakness now.

Return to Cleveland Browns