ImageImageImageImage

Can I hop on the bandwagon?

34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Can I hop on the bandwagon? 

Post#1 » by 34Celtic » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:18 am

Huge Notre Dame fan here. My NFL team is the Giants, but they are almost unrootable lately. I can't stand The Eli/Plaxico soap opera. Is it against 'fan rules' if I become a Browns fan. Also are there any rules abot being a Cleveland fan that I should know.
GreenDemon
Sophomore

Post#2 » by GreenDemon » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:34 am

As long as you hate pretty much every other AFC North team you should be fine ;) but really all that matter is that you just despise the Steelers then we can give leeway on the other teams in the division.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#3 » by B Mac » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:41 am

Just get used to dissapointment. I urge you to reconsider your decision. God I wish my Dad didnt make me a Browns fan growing up. Its too late now, Im stuck. All I can do is try to help others from falling into the trap.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by B Mac » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:44 am

On second thought. Welcome aboard, we can use all the support we can get.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#5 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:46 pm

GreenDemon wrote:As long as you hate pretty much every other AFC North team you should be fine ;) but really all that matter is that you just despise the Steelers then we can give leeway on the other teams in the division.

I must add that in order to be a Browns fan you have to love the Browns whether they win or lose.

B Mac wrote:Just get used to dissapointment. I urge you to reconsider your decision. God I wish my Dad didnt make me a Browns fan growing up. Its too late now, Im stuck. All I can do is try to help others from falling into the trap.

And you said I was pessimistic?
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#6 » by L&H_05 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:23 pm

LOL-- Wanting to be a Browns fan ??

You have got to be kidding me... Run, run as far away as you possibly can from this organization...

Being a Cleveland fan is like asking: Do I want to be shot ? Set on fire ? or be thrown into the lake with hundred pound weights strapped to my legs...
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by B Mac » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:23 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And you said I was pessimistic?

Yea, I realized how negative it sounded. I was just trying to help my fellow man out by making sure he knew what he was getting himself into. The Browns future is honestly looking up, but I learned loooong ago not to ever get my hopes up with the Browns because more times then not they let you down.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#8 » by LoveThemCavs » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:37 pm

I don't see any reason why you can't be a Browns fan. If you want to be one, welcome aboard. I must say though if you think the Giants are hard to watch, you don't know what you're getting yourself into here. If it's easy for you to dislike the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers. Then you'll fit right in though.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#9 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:41 pm

I think people seem to forget (because of the abysmal performance of the Browns II) that this is actually a very proud organization. Yeah, we've made some errors of late and therefore have had a bunch of mulligans but we love this team passionately. I live in Cincinnati and have friends that are Bengirls fans, I bet I could call the majority of them and they couldn't tell you more than one Bengirls pick. Thats just how they are. Browns fans are not really like that. I got calls from 2 different women (one from Youngtown living in Cleveland and one from Dayton living here) each of which wanted to talk in depth about the Browns picks.

There is no prouder fan base and eventually, the organization will catch back up with us.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#10 » by Sofa King » Sat May 5, 2007 7:37 pm

Count me in. I want on. :clap:

Went come back. Why are you leaving with the wagon? :(
twist of lemon
Ballboy

Post#11 » by twist of lemon » Mon May 28, 2007 6:14 am

Can I possibly jump on the band wagon to? lol

I'm a huge Chargers fan, but The Browns drafting Quinn (who i loved watching in ND) has swayed me a bit to the dark side.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by timd1218 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:51 am

I've jumped on the Cleveland bandwagon also once they drafted Quinn. That and the fact that I dispise the Steelers made it pretty easy for me. Please kick the Steelers ass this season so I can walk around Pittsburgh looking at people wanting to jump off a bridge.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
EG4life
Junior
And1: 31

Post#13 » by EG4life » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:29 pm

:rofl:
straightguji
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#14 » by straightguji » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:16 pm

I'll always be a Bears fan but the Browns have become my 1B team, ever since you guys got Quinn.

Return to Cleveland Browns