ImageImageImageImage

Andruzzi released

LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Andruzzi released 

Post#1 » by LoveThemCavs » Wed May 2, 2007 7:05 pm

Now Phil needs to do some damage control with Shaffer. I know alot of fans are getting on the guy for feeling unwanted. That is Phils fault for basically declaring Thomas already will take Shaffers job. Regardless of how you feel about it, the oline is better with him than without Shaffer. Andruzzi however was dead weight and huge disappointment. Good riddence.
snazel
Freshman
And1: 3

Re: Andruzzi released 

Post#2 » by snazel » Thu May 3, 2007 2:48 am

LoveThemCavs wrote:Now Phil needs to do some damage control with Shaffer. I know alot of fans are getting on the guy for feeling unwanted. That is Phils fault for basically declaring Thomas already will take Shaffers job. Regardless of how you feel about it, the oline is better with him than without Shaffer. Andruzzi however was dead weight and huge disappointment. Good riddence.

It's not Phils fault because Phil never said he was gonna replace Shaffer at LT. It's just sort of common sense that if we draft a LT, that he'll eventually play LT. I really don't even understand Shaffer's drive to request a trade at this point unless we had asked him to move inside to guard instead of swapping to RT. Generally the switch from LT to RT isn't too difficult. Assignments are opposite and that may take the most time, but the actual technique of using your opposite foot to plant isn't difficult to someone with Shaffer's athleticism. I doubt that Phil deals him (ouch 7-9mil cap hit I think) unless Shaffer really starts getting on peoples nerves...I thought this guy was a blue collar guy? Does he not want to win and help improve the unit and offense as a whole? What a clown...Agree we are better with him than without, and also agree about Andruzzi. He was a solid pickup when he came here, but has been on the downfall after having a flat out horrible season last year.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#3 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu May 3, 2007 4:03 am

He doesn't seem to have much of an issue with going to rt, he doesn't want to be a rg. Or at least that is what was in the article quoting his agent. I figure he'd be our right tackle as well, but for some reason people are thinking of him as a guard.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
mup
Veteran
And1: 556

Post#4 » by mup » Thu May 3, 2007 5:11 pm

Who is our rg if not Shaffer? I'm drawing a complete blank on who we even have. It's not that Friedman clown is it?
snazel
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#5 » by snazel » Thu May 3, 2007 9:11 pm

mup wrote:Who is our rg if not Shaffer? I'm drawing a complete blank on who we even have. It's not that Friedman clown is it?

We've got McKinney/Sowells/Friedman/Matua and whoever loses the RT battle of Tucker/Shaffer to compete. Quite a list. Personally I think Tucker/McKinney have the best chance of starting (if Shaffer beats him out at RT and Thomas beats him out). There's always the option of sliding in Bentley there if he returns as well.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#6 » by B Mac » Thu May 3, 2007 11:27 pm

Good riddance Joe. That guy was a pud for us.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Post#7 » by BBallFreak » Fri Jun 1, 2007 11:57 am

B Mac wrote:Good riddance Joe. That guy was a pud for us.

Be careful what you say

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines. ... L&hl=93131

Non-Hodgkins lymphoma
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#8 » by B Mac » Fri Jun 1, 2007 4:23 pm

Be careful why? He still was a pud for us. He flat out stunk in his time here and no matter what kind of disease he has changes that. I feel bad for him, and I am happy that it is a treatable diseason, hopefully everything will be OK for him.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#9 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jun 2, 2007 3:14 am

I am sorry to hear about the disease. Bottom line is that once a Brown, always a Brown. I hope he does well.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!

Return to Cleveland Browns