ImageImageImageImage

so when does Quinn start?

gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

so when does Quinn start? 

Post#1 » by gflem » Thu May 3, 2007 4:50 pm

unless Quinn blows away the competition in camp, or we acquire a vet to start I dont think he will start until after the bye week of oct 21. I think the team will start Frye and let him take a beating during the early part of the season.

although I think the O line will be better, it still will need time to learn to play together. and even though all the qbs will be learning a new offense, I think it would be wise to let Quinn get accquainted with the league and his new teammates while learning from the bench. it would also allow the team to get a better idea of what Frye can do with a better line and could possibly increase his future trade value.

now maybe anderson will beat them both out, but I think he is better suited to be a backup and Frye might just appeal to a team like the bears if he does well enough and grossman plays like grossman. I think Quinn will start 3rd on the depth chart and move up to 2nd somewhere before the bye, with the reports saying he is learning fast, gaining trust of his teammates, blah blah blah.

with the schedule having an away game in stl then at home against seattle it would give Quinn an away game without the expectations of the home crowd and then followed by a home game before two division away games against pittspuke and the baltimore maggots. hopefully by then he would be settled in. Thoughts?
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#2 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu May 3, 2007 8:16 pm

I was thinking the bye week at earliest as well.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#3 » by L&H_05 » Thu May 3, 2007 9:07 pm

I hope it's not for awhile.. Savage even said that they will not throw him in there like they did with the Ravens and Boller, or here with Couch..

The thing I do like about Quinn is his intelligence..That should help aid him in this process... Much like a guy like Leinart, who isn't too quick outside the pocket..

Unless he completely blows both Frye and Anderson out of the water in camp, I don't see why he's thrown in there...

In fact, I'm not ready to give up on Anderson... I love his arm... With an improved line, hopefully a healthy receiving core, and perhaps a steady running game, Anderson might be able to do some things out there...

Frye is a moron... I have no hopes for him.. Never did...
snazel
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#4 » by snazel » Thu May 3, 2007 9:14 pm

If he gets into camp on time without a holdout I can easily see him starting week 1. Mid season at the latest. If LCB comes back, its almost a guarantee he starts week 1.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#5 » by B Mac » Thu May 3, 2007 11:26 pm

The smartest thing to do is to sit him as long as possible. Look at Palmer in Cincy or Rivers in San Diego. Those guys sat a whole year and it seems to have really helped them.

The selfish part of me says lets see him as early as possible so we can all see our new franchise player in action.

I imagine we'll see him about halfway through the season, however.
straightguji
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Post#6 » by straightguji » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:26 pm

Frye and Anderson are their same old selves, garbage. I already think Quinn is leaps and bounds better than them so at worst he should be #2 on the depth chart, I'd rather see Ken Dorsey as the starter than those other 2 bums.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#7 » by 34Celtic » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:39 pm

I think Quinn should start week 1 if he is the best on the roster. Sure, palmer and Rivers sat and now are Pro Bowlers, but Peyton started year one and struggled, he turned out alright. Let Brady work with the talented skill players we have and grow with them
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#8 » by B Mac » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:13 pm

Ive changed my mind. Get him in there now. The sooner the better.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:16 am

Eh, I still think he should sit through the brutal beginning of our schedule.
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#10 » by jumanji » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:47 am

Game 5. At that point they'll be 0-4 and breaking the doors down to start Quinn. If i were a gambler i'd bet against the Browns for the month of Sept.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:00 am

It's not really hard to bet against the Browns early in the season. Which is just one reason that Quinn shouldn't start then.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,628

Post#12 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Sep 4, 2007 4:38 am

Either way I expect Quinn to get some burn by atleast the midway point of the season. I'm really impressed with Quinn and Anderson and I think both are going to turn out to be good QB's. I think Quinn is very special and will do amazing things in the NFL.
While Quinn will not be the starter it is important for whoever the starter is (Frye, Anderson) to play well because for one or possibly both this season will be an audition for other teams.
Quinn is the guy eventually and maybe by seasons end if the other two are bad enough.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#13 » by 34Celtic » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:54 pm

Now sounds about right....
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#14 » by jumanji » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:55 am

Once Quinn gets in there you probably want him in there for good. I'd wait another week or two.
DaSportsGuy
Sophomore

Post#15 » by DaSportsGuy » Tue Nov 6, 2007 9:29 pm

The only way that Quinn has a chance to start is if Derek Anderson gets hurt. Derek is playing great football now and no way will Quinn get to play this season.
Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:54 pm

I wouldn't let Quinn start quite yet. It takes a while for a rookie quarterback to learn the system and be able to lead the team. And also, with the way Derek Anderson has been playing, I can't see him starting anytime soon.

Return to Cleveland Browns