ImageImageImageImage

Bentley coming back??

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Bentley coming back?? 

Post#1 » by Icness » Tue Jul 3, 2007 7:00 pm

The reports hit this weekend that Lecharles Bentley is aiming to come back as soon as this year. He's been rehabbing in Phoenix and has regained most of his lost weight and physical strength. But 4 knee surgeries and a staph infection that nearly killed him is quite a mountain to overcome.

But if he can make it back and is anywhere close to his old self, the Browns OL is potentially the best in the NFL.
GreenDemon
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by GreenDemon » Wed Jul 4, 2007 2:55 pm

Yeah I couldnt even believe the news when I heard that Bentley was attempting to make a comeback. I mean if he does some how make it out on the field this year he would probably get one of the biggest cheers ever from the Browns faithful. We already got Baxter trying to come back from 2 torn patalear tendons, so it is good to know that even though we havent been winnning all the time we still have some great character guys.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#3 » by El Turco » Mon Jul 9, 2007 10:14 pm

i thought he was retired, props to him if he can return
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
GreenDemon
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by GreenDemon » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:10 pm

Cleveland Browns center LeCharles Bentley passes physical
Posted by Mary Kay Cabot July 23, 2007 12:25PM
Categories: Breaking News, Browns
Browns center LeCharles Bentley passed his physical in New York Monday morning and has been cleared by his surgeon to resume football, Bentley said Monday.

"I'm excited," said Bentley, who's returning from a torn patella tendon and complications from a staph infection. "It's the next step toward getting back on the field."

Browns general manager Phil Savage said last week that Bentley must also pass the Browns' physical by team physician Dr. Anthony Miniaci and perhaps one by a third doctor before being cleared to practice. But Bentley feels that Dr. Warren's blessing should be sufficient and that he'll report to training camp with the veterans on July 27.

"Dr. Warren is the expert in his field, he's the last person who operated on me and he's told me I'm fine," said Bentley. "It doesn't really matter to me what another doctor says at this point."

Bentley said he will begin working out individually and probably won't be ready for contact for about five weeks. He said he hopes to play in the final preseason game and if all goes as planned, be ready for the opener.

Yeah that is pretty awesome....
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#5 » by Gordon Bombay » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:17 pm

great news about bentley....hopefully he can be a spark plug to the teams resurgance this year as his injury last year pretty much deflated the team
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#6 » by Icness » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:04 pm

I heard an interview with Lecharles today. He's just a super guy. His goal now is to get on the field for the last preseason game with Brady Quinn at QB. He said the Browns have been more than accomodating and supportive, but when asked if they might place him on the PUP to start the season Bentley didn't rule that out. That would mean he'd miss the first 6 weeks. He also didn't rule out a move back to guard, and IMO Fraley at C is better than McKinney at RG.

Return to Cleveland Browns