ImageImageImageImage

Week 2: Bengals at Browns

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Week 2: Bengals at Browns 

Post#1 » by Icness » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:35 pm

Hard to get excited about facing a high-powered offense after the Steelers debacle, but it is the hated Bengals and their turnover-dependant defense coming to town.

--Can Romeo Crennel beat an AFC North team?
--Can Derek Anderson make it to halftime?
--Will the real Leigh Bodden show up?
--Will Kamerion Wimbley do something spectacular to get mroe people to recognize his awesomeness?
--does anyone really give a crap about the Browns while the Indians will be up E. 9th Street cementing an AL Central title?
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#2 » by Gordon Bombay » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:04 am

i hope they can at least be competitive this game
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#3 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:41 pm

shout out to my cleveland fans. congrat on the fantastic win! you guys deserved it. our defense didn't.... great win.. i'm speechless. if i don't make it out of this week alive, you will know i'm dead. either by suicide or a plane crash. this has been the worst week in my entire life... congrat.

*i blame this loss on PNF. the guy doesn't even sticky our game thread... pathetic! he's not even a real bengals fan and he's our mod!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#4 » by B Mac » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:45 pm

Boy did that feel good. I havent had that much fun watching a Browns game for a looooong looong time.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#5 » by Gordon Bombay » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:23 pm

what a win for the brownies
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#6 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:40 am

Great win for the Browns and especially for us Browns fans living here in Cincinnati. Monkeyfeng is definitely not the only Bengals fan that is threatening suicide. Bottom line, the Browns were not as bad as they looked last week and of course the offense is not as good as it looked this week. But who cares about that stuff now. I just love the W.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#7 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:46 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:Great win for the Browns and especially for us Browns fans living here in Cincinnati. Monkeyfeng is definitely not the only Bengals fan that is threatening suicide. Bottom line, the Browns were not as bad as they looked last week and of course the offense is not as good as it looked this week. But who cares about that stuff now. I just love the W.

Well in addition to the loss, he had dropped Jamal Lewis for Brandon Jacobs (for when he comes back from injury apparently) earlier this week.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#8 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:20 am

i still have my doubts about the browns though... your offensive line did a fantastic job but overall... bengals defense was the one that won you guys the game. we deserve the loss. our defense was the most pathetic performance ever in sports history. congrat. i felt like the bengals need to lose this game to give ourselves some warnings.
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#9 » by jumanji » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:54 pm

How's Joe Thomas doing?
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:56 am

Thomas was phenomenal yesterday. He did a great job against who I believe to be the Bengals best pass rusher (Justin Smith) and if you look at the long runs by Jamal, those were all over Thomas and Steinbach.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:59 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:i still have my doubts about the browns though... your offensive line did a fantastic job but overall... bengals defense was the one that won you guys the game. we deserve the loss. our defense was the most pathetic performance ever in sports history. congrat. i felt like the bengals need to lose this game to give ourselves some warnings.

You aren't the only one with doubts about the Browns. What I found most impressive for the Browns was the offensive line play however. I think if we can get that kind of play consistently we'll be okay. Yeah, the defense was terrible, but then, we won't be playing the bengals offense every week.

Return to Cleveland Browns