Bengals Draft Board

Moderator: Gremz

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#61 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Mar 9, 2008 6:35 am

happypedro12 wrote:Hey I read on bengals.com that they were actually thinking about drafting a offensive player. if they do that, i seriously might have a mental breakdown

Understandable, but you shouldn't worry. There are pretty dire needs at OL and WR that should be addressed through the draft.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#62 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:42 am

J-Stew is injured and would be out for six months.

If his draft stock plummets, the Bengals should capitalize. This injury is going to heal.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#63 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:13 am

i doubt he will drop to us in the second round...
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:49 am

Probably not but this means his price goes down. I really think the Bengals should trade for him or Mendenhall and ship out Rudi.

Also, Jon, what do you think about maybe trading Chris Henry? He could be fetching to the many receiver-starved teams out there (*coughMiamicough*)
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#65 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:28 am

henry's only value right now is in cincy. everybody in cincy knows his good. carson likes him a lot. cincy won't get a good trade if they trade him now. his history with the law is bad. unless he have a monster year this year, i don't see cincy trading him. he's still very valuable to this team.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:50 am

Analysis from NFLDraftCountdown:

#9 Cincinnati Bengals
There is no question that they need help on defense and after signing Antwan Odom to team with Robert Geathers they are now set at end but there are still questions inside. Domata Peko looks like a keeper but John Thornton has seen better days and adding a talent like Ellis would go a long way towards shoring up that porous defense once and for all. There is a chance he could fall to Cincy at #9 but other teams who may be targeting Ellis realize that as well and could try to maneuver ahead of them and steal him away. If Ellis really is the guy the Bengals want they might be best served moving up a 2-3 spots to beat others to the punch.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:57 am

Targeted players, through various Internet sources:

RB Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois (Projected 1st-rounder)
DT Trevor Laws, Notre Dame (Projected 3rd-rounder)
OL Mike McGlynn, Pitt (Projected 5th-rounder)
S Jamar Adams, Michigan (Projected 7th-rounder)

The name that really suprises is probably Adams, but Chinedum Ndukwe was a seventh-round pick last year and he's heading into camp as a starting safety. So you never know.

A draft of Ellis in the first round and Laws in the third would be huge...talk about solidifying the DT rotation. Ellis, Peko, Laws, Thornton...that's pretty solid.

Return to Cincinnati Bengals