Ahmad Brooks

Moderator: Gremz

Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Ahmad Brooks 

Post#1 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 5:57 am

Unlike the mock draft we had on realgm, i don't expect the bengals to draft LB like i did unless Pat Willis is still around or so. CB is probably the most likely position we are targeting in the first round. but then again, i'm not the bengal management. i believe ahmad brooks can fill in our linebacker position. he's one of the best linebacker talent in college but he got kicked out of school for unknown reason. however, i believe he is cleaned up and wants to play for the bengals and have a future in football. i believe he can be our star linebacker in the future. the guy is a athletic beast and is physically gifted. the only weakness is his experience. this is why i think he's going to be a beast in the future. i just hope this year, the bengals will have no off field issue and concentrate on football. here's a summary on ahmad brooks i found online. pretty cheap for a 3rd round pick in my opinion. however, i hope thurman can come back too and play the MLB position. can ahmad brooks play OLB? i believe he has good enough speed and coverage to play OLB. if that's the case, our LB position can be explosive.

Ahmad Brooks was one of the elite recruits in the country three years ago, and he may have already exceeded expectations in just two seasons of playing time. Brooks is draft eligible because he spent a year after high school at Hargrave Military Academy. During his freshman season, Brooks set a UVa freshman record with 117 tackles with 10 of them for loss, 4 sacks and 6 pass breakups. This season, as a sophomore, he has had another fine season, being named one of three finalists for the Butkus award. Brooks
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#2 » by Icness » Wed Apr 4, 2007 12:23 pm

I think the Bengals are already expecting Brooks to start at ILB. It's the OLB positions that are in need of upgrade. Landon Johnson is a decent starter, but the other starter is either Caleb Miller or Rashad Jeanty, with basically nothing behind those guys. You cannot count on Pollack ever coming back, and Odell Thurman is done.

That's a position of clear need. I don't necessarily think it's 1st/2nd round need (that would be CB/DT/S), but they better bring in at least one mid-rounder. A guy like Tim Shaw or Prescott Burgess in the 4th round makes sense, athletically limited but good football players, intelligent guys who are solid citizens and can play special teams.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#3 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 4:51 pm

you got any inside info on thurman? :wink:
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#4 » by Icness » Wed Apr 4, 2007 7:54 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:you got any inside info on thurman? :wink:

Last I heard, and this is going back to the middle of last season, is that he was not taking to drug rehab very well. The Bengals are almost certain to cut him once his suspension is up, and I doubt if he plays anywhere in 2007.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#5 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 11:07 pm

Icness wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Last I heard, and this is going back to the middle of last season, is that he was not taking to drug rehab very well. The Bengals are almost certain to cut him once his suspension is up, and I doubt if he plays anywhere in 2007.

:cry:

Return to Cincinnati Bengals