DB situation (specifically CB)

Moderator: Gremz

Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

DB situation (specifically CB) 

Post#1 » by Buck4Life » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:01 am

I was thinking how our DB situation will end up.
I think Oneal is way too talented to be a 3rd CB while at the same time we have two other CBs we just drafted who are suppose to start there. I really think that benching Oneal would be a waist of talent.
1.Anyone hearing any rumores as to what we could do with oneal?
2. wouldnt you think that shifting Hall to S would be a better idea? because his style really remindes me of Ronde Barber

Plus, I dont really feel comfortable with Dexter Jackson at SS...

Any ideas?
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#2 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:09 am

CB may end up all right, although I do wish management used a day-one pick on one. That position does need some improvement.

As far as S goes, the Madieu Williams/Dexter Jackson/Marvin White trio is OK, but we can definitely make an impact signing here. My vote, as expressed already, is Donovin Darius.

Sadly, I don't know of any CBs in need of a good home.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Buck4Life » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:31 pm

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:CB may end up all right, although I do wish management used a day-one pick on one. That position does need some improvement.

As far as S goes, the Madieu Williams/Dexter Jackson/Marvin White trio is OK, but we can definitely make an impact signing here. My vote, as expressed already, is Donovin Darius.

Sadly, I don't know of any CBs in need of a good home.

No, I mean... im totally comfortable in starting two of Hall, Joseph and oneal. I dont mind letting the young guys develop and I really think they could be a pretty good duo (whoever starts). My question was simply concerning Oneal. I just think It would be a waste to start two of our CB and bench the 3rd because they all have starters talent. Thats why I wondered if it would be a better to shift wone of them to S. (specificaly hall)

And yep Darius would be an excellent signing.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#4 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:48 am

I meant a second day-one pick, so there's my stupidity.

Shifting Leon Hall to safety? I don't think I would, but I value CB more than S.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
happypedro12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#5 » by happypedro12 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:02 pm

Oneal will be the starter on opening day, and Hall will be playing nickel. You forget we still got Ratliff who they say is playing the best ball of his career right now. I think if oneal starts gettin burned, it won't be too long after the new england game (4th week) that you see hall mixin it up in there.
Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right.

Return to Cincinnati Bengals