Does CJ want out?

Moderator: Gremz

gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,906

Does CJ want out? 

Post#1 » by gswhoops » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:52 am

Some guy posted on the Niners' forum that Chad wants out of Cincy, is that true?
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Yi Jian Lian » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:11 am

Bring him to SF! You get our first round pick!
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#3 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:44 pm

This is pure speculation, but the losing and the Bengals' FO are probably getting to him.

I don't think Chad Johnson is on the block right now, and if he was the Cincinnati FO would ask for two first-rounders at a bare minimum. Way out of any team's price range at this point.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Desperado
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Desperado » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:33 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:This is pure speculation, but the losing and the Bengals' FO are probably getting to him.

I don't think Chad Johnson is on the block right now, and if he was the Cincinnati FO would ask for two first-rounders at a bare minimum. Way out of any team's price range at this point.

TWO 1st rounders at a minimum??? hahah u must be jokin.....if he wants out, his value is gonna be dropped......i think a low 1st rounder should get him if he is traded.....Pats gave up what? a 4th rounder for Moss? whos the best wideout
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#5 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:45 am

Oct 23 Head coach Marvin Lewis is denying the rumors that the Bengals will look to trade Johnson this offseason, the Cincinatti Enquirer reports.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:54 pm

Desperado wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

TWO 1st rounders at a minimum??? hahah u must be jokin.....if he wants out, his value is gonna be dropped......i think a low 1st rounder should get him if he is traded.....Pats gave up what? a 4th rounder for Moss? whos the best wideout

Two first-rounders is not unreasonable for Cincinnati to ask for. Media reports on this have been conflicting, so teams will always try to buy low.

Since you're so aware of how the market works, you'll know that's exactly what the Patriots did when they traded a fourth-rounder for Randy Moss. Moss had the least productive season of his career, was acting like a complete cancer, and many people thought he was steps slower than he'd been at his peak. The Patriots saw an aberration, and the NFL still hasn't caught up.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.

Return to Cincinnati Bengals