Missing Pieces

Moderator: Gremz

Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Missing Pieces 

Post#1 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:46 pm

so... bengals' season is pretty much over.. we ain't going anywhere and this year has been the worst year ever... i just hope we make it to 8-8. so what's our missing pieces? i know that injuries have a lot to do with our miserable season but there's still a lot of pieces missing in this team.

Offensive Lineman
- we need more bodies.. willie anderson is injured and getting old. levi jones is inconsistent and our O-line in general ain't doing very well...

Defensive Lineman - our defensive line sucks especially our DT. we need people that can plug the line.

Linebackers - our linebackers supply is depleted... injuries and suspension.. brooks was supposed to be our MLB but he's gone... marshall is on the IR.. thurman is still suspended.. i think we need to draft somebdoy in the first three rounds or at least sign some capable veteran.

Strong Safety - dexter jackson is old. ndukwe is doing well but i don't know if he's our future... we need somebody to stop the run and defend the ball!!

Cornerbacks
- deltha o'neal needs to released or traded. he's nobody now. i have faith in JJ and hall but we need a veteran that can lead them and o'neal is not the guy.

Offensive Coordinator - i hate our play calling and our play book. we have the best receivers and quarterbacks and we can't even get a 50 yards receiving touchdowns. we suck at passing right now and i blame it on the play calling and our crappy play book. we need someone new.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#2 » by El Turco » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:10 pm

we need to re-shuffle defense and get some help in O-line
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#3 » by CJ_18 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:34 am

Why do you want to finish 8-8?

8-8 = no playoff spot and 14-18 draft pick (the worst you can do...no playoffs and no high pick)

We want to lose out and get a 4-8 pick.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:50 am

Offensively, I think the Bengals may be forced to look for other options at RB. Let's be honest; Rudi hasn't been that effective in spite of his injuries and, while he's still very capable, the Bengals should look elsewhere. Along the offensive line, the team just needs a stud T to pair with Andrew Whitworth and another G, both of which can be obtained in the draft.

Defensively, where do we start? How about just a complete overhaul? Keep Joseph, Hall, Madieu Williams, and Geathers. Keep Geathers at OLB. Trade Justin Smith for a day-one pick and start from scratch. Trade Ahmad Brooks if you can get a good deal on a secondary player. Grab a couple veterans like Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila but start handing out the pink slips and completely rebuild. It's going to take something drastic.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#5 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:28 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Defensively, where do we start? How about just a complete overhaul? Keep Joseph, Hall, Madieu Williams, and Geathers. Keep Geathers at OLB. Trade Justin Smith for a day-one pick and start from scratch. Trade Ahmad Brooks if you can get a good deal on a secondary player. Grab a couple veterans like Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila but start handing out the pink slips and completely rebuild. It's going to take something drastic.

that's not happening.. i would keep ahmad brooks. he has shown flashes of brilliance. i don't have a problem with his attitude or anything. he seems to be much more mature now and his problem days was a while back but it will depend on odell thurman though... he was suspended this year for no reason... oh well, keep him too unless he has further more problems. odell thurman is one of the best young linebackers in the league. you can't just leave it for some other team to sign him.

what about the defensive line?
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:08 am

Blow up the defensive line. I know that Justin Smith is the Bengals' best defensive player but the defensive line is the worst unit on the team. Even worse than linebacker.

I haven't scrutinized Brooks and Thurman as much as I should, but I think they should be at least capable backups. That's the problem though...the Bengals don't have an NFL-caliber starting LB on their roster and those two are probably the only two NFL-caliber LBs on the team.

IIRC the Bengals have the worst scouting department in the league and they are not one to make free-agent splashes. This will take a while and it will be tough.
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Buck4Life » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:29 am

Our LB core could be a lot better then it is...just gotta get it togather..just think about it...

Ahmad Brooks, Odel Thruman, Landon Johnson are all capacble LBs with a lot of potential....

Caleb Miller and dahni jones are very solid

and if we get david pollack back ( :pray: :pray: :pray: ) we could certainly have something in that regard.

we need a whole new D-line. Period.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:46 am

God, if David Pollack would come back to even half of what he was he could help this team. But I don't think he'll be back at all. He suffered a NECK INJURY and at some point he has to figure out whether or not it's worth it.

I like Brooks better than Thurmond and Johnson, but is Brooks even a starter on a good defense? That's a question Bengals coaches will have to answer.

We're going to have to dig for f**king gold in this draft, and we don't have the scouts to do it. There should be some ground rules: don't draft a RB, and don't draft a QB. That'll get us start.

Return to Cincinnati Bengals