Moderator: NyCeEvO

Grade the broncos offseason

Total votes: 0

milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

GRADE OUR OFFSEASON SO FAR!!! 

Post#1 » by milehigh » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:21 am

We have had a crazy offseason in broncos country but how well do you think we have done? Do you think Shanahan is a genius or do you think we overpaid in free agency? Thoughts......
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#2 » by MHZ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:25 am

I like the moves we made.

Positives:
- We had to replace Darrent, and Dre Bly was a huge pickup.

- The running game was less than stellar last season, and I'm a fan of signing Travis Henry vs. the other options at RB. This year's draft was a weak one for running backs.

- I'm a little biased because he's a CU guy, but I'm pumped to bring in Daniel Graham as well. Him and Scheffler will form a nice little TE duo that we were lacking last season.

- Stokely was a low risk move who could settle in nicely as the third WR.

Negatives:

- We'll see how this Al Wilson saga plays out. He's going to be missed if we let him go either by trade or release. It remains to be seen how DJ handles the middle linebacker spot, and who steps in as the other outside backer.

- Pass rush still hasn't been addressed. Hopefully that comes in the draft.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#3 » by MHZ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:54 am

PS - check the caps lock when you're making thread titles.
Pai Gow
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Pai Gow » Mon Apr 2, 2007 9:21 am

I gave it a "B" for the lone reason we haven't addressed pass rush yet and that is what really hurt us last year.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#5 » by Powder Blue » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:09 pm

AKsWill wrote:I gave it a "B" for the lone reason we haven't addressed pass rush yet and that is what really hurt us last year.

Agreed
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 39

Post#6 » by denvers_finest » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:55 pm

I give em an A so far. Yeah they still have some areas that need to be addressed, but they have been extremely active in the FA market, picking up key players that should help out what was a very average offense, and improved an already formidable defense.

One can only assume that they will look into some line help (they need to look at both sides of the ball) in the draft. But Grahm, Henry, Bly, Stokley, Ramsey... thats an A offseason.
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#7 » by Fatty » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:05 pm

B, I loved everything but the Graham signing.
Gibbs
Rookie
And1: 3

Post#8 » by Gibbs » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:34 pm

Fatty wrote:B, I loved everything but the Graham signing.

Personally, I loved the Graham signing ecept for the fact wer could've spent that money on Kerney instead addressing our pass-rush woes.

I'll give a B until we fix our D-Line. I'm sure though after the draft we will be all giving A's
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
And1: 0
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#9 » by djtruebeliever » Mon Apr 9, 2007 10:00 pm

Kerney would have been real nice, but there's still time. Kind of early for grading, but B so far. Jesus, send us a good Defensive end.
:pray:
EMB6903
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#10 » by EMB6903 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:43 am

Dont be suprised if We have 2 late 1st rounders this year... Rumors we getting eagles 26th overall pick for our 08 1st rounder.. that would give us Reggie Nelson and Anthony Spencer... 2 players that we need.. plus 3 more 1st day selections...
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Elway=GOAT » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:15 am

So far I give it a B plus, I like the moves we made. If Travis Henry stays healthy, he is going to be outstanding in our system. I like the Bly pick up, im not big on moving DJ to the middle. I hope we can address, the pass rushing, and saftey needs. Our safteys are either old or average at best. Our Dline, needs work, we need a run stuffer in the middle or a guy who takes up space, and a decent pass rusher. If we can do those in the draft(which is loaded with DE and DT prospects). I give our offseason an A. Our offense is set imo. With the duel tight ends, running game, QB, and recivers.

Return to Denver Broncos