ImageImageImageImage

Denver Broncos @ Buffalo Bills (11:00 MT - 9/9)

Moderator: NyCeEvO

MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Denver Broncos @ Buffalo Bills (11:00 MT - 9/9) 

Post#1 » by MHZ » Thu Sep 6, 2007 10:21 pm

Might as well get a thread up there, since the Week 1 starts tonight.

- Denver has traditionally not played spectacularly in Buffalo, and in the early games in general.

3 To Watch:

3. D.J. Williams - Still trying to get a handle on the Middle Linebacker position. Didn't look good by any means in the preseason, hopefully he starts to better understand the position in time for the real thing.

2. Defensive Line - Signing Simeon Rice will help, even though he may not play much in this one. The D-Line has been a major problem in recent years, allowing QB's to sit back for an hour waiting for open WR's.

1. Jay Cutler - The key to everything. He's had some experience. He's had an offseason to get accustomed to his guys and the schemes as the #1. Now it's time to see him make some serious strides.

Denver: 24
Buffalo: 10
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
And1: 0
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#2 » by djtruebeliever » Fri Sep 7, 2007 2:21 am

I kind of want Denver to lose this one, the Broncos have gone on some good early season runs after losing the first game the last few seasons. Not really though. I'm thinking Denver wins it 27-20.
I'm in Kokokiko!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,628

Post#3 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Sep 8, 2007 1:00 am

The team looks great this year. I love the addition of Simeon Rice and Dre Bly. Bly is such an underrated corner. Brandon Stokely should help too, and Travis Henry is one of the best backs in the game going to the best running team in the game. I hope it's enough this year for you guys to finally get past the Colts and get to the big game. I believe in Jay Cutler and I hope he makes some big strides this year as the man.
Broncos 27- Bills 21
Close game cause I think the Bills are also a very good team this year.
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 39

Post#4 » by denvers_finest » Sat Sep 8, 2007 3:55 pm

Man, I'm excited for football season to finally start. I need my Broncos fix.

Preseason kind of worries me a bit, as the team didn't look great in any of the games, but I have faith they can start to put it togeather starting with a win this week.

28 -17 Broncos.
JurassicJake
Banned User

Post#5 » by JurassicJake » Sun Sep 9, 2007 11:22 pm

Grr. The Broncos only skimmed by. They should have rocked the Bills, but alas a win is a win.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#6 » by Next Coming » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:51 pm

JurassicJake wrote:Grr. The Broncos only skimmed by. They should have rocked the Bills, but alas a win is a win.

The Bills gave that game away.

I posted about Cutler in another thread. The kid has talent and he's going to be a huge star but he's more erratic than I thought.

He was making throws off his backfoot more than Grossman. He was getting by because the Bills defense is pretty atrocious against a competent D those mistakes could come back and haunt this team.

Mike Shannahan is one of the better coaches in the league and I'm sure he'll get some of that corrected but I'd be a little concerned.
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#7 » by djtruebeliever » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:12 pm

Jay Cutler can afford to throw off his back foot more because he has the arm to do so, Grossman does not. Cutler throws bullets while laying down. Grossman couldn't throw a bullet with a gun...
I'm in Kokokiko!

Return to Denver Broncos