ImageImageImageImage

We are headed in a downward spiral!

Moderator: NyCeEvO

Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

We are headed in a downward spiral! 

Post#1 » by Elway=GOAT » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:01 pm

We are one of, if not the worst run stopping team in the league. According to football outsider, we are 31st only ahead of the jets.

Our offense is average at best, our defense is decent against the pass, but my dead grandmother could run for 5-6 yards a carry on us.

We are terrible, very possibly could be 0-5. We are at 2-3 at the moment...What do we do?

We have the QB of the future, and as bad as the team had been, for a second year QB Cutler has looked decent. Our running game has looked decent.

Our major problem is the inability to stop the run. We need a real inside linebacker, DJ Williams, is a solid OLB, he is not suited for the Middle imo.

Trading Gerrard Warren was a mistake. The guy was a very nice run stopper, and for whatever reason we traded him. Im still trying to figure it out. We need to get some run stopping DT's and a Middle Linebacker who can stop the run, who is a bad ass and not finess like DJ Willians is.

We are litterally wasting the prime of one of, if not the best DB ever. Our pass defense is fine. We need run stoppers, and on the offensive end, we need someone who can stretch the field, and a play maker at runninback, Henry is nice, when he is not getting blazed. But we need someone who can make huge plays. That is what we are missing imo.

Go Broncos.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#2 » by MHZ » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:40 pm

Good new is on the way, at least Javon Walker is... having surgery.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:13 pm

It won't get any easier since the Broncos are facing off against the Steelers tonight in Denver.
JurassicJake
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by JurassicJake » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:11 am

Great win last night.

and BTW, even though the Broncos haven't been very good, (exception is last night), at least we're not the Dolphins.
lakerboy
Sophomore

Re: We are headed in a downward spiral! 

Post#5 » by lakerboy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:00 am

Elway=GOAT wrote:We are one of, if not the worst run stopping team in the league. According to football outsider, we are 31st only ahead of the jets.

Our offense is average at best, our defense is decent against the pass, but my dead grandmother could run for 5-6 yards a carry on us.

We are terrible, very possibly could be 0-5. We are at 2-3 at the moment...What do we do?

We have the QB of the future, and as bad as the team had been, for a second year QB Cutler has looked decent. Our running game has looked decent.

Our major problem is the inability to stop the run. We need a real inside linebacker, DJ Williams, is a solid OLB, he is not suited for the Middle imo.

Trading Gerrard Warren was a mistake. The guy was a very nice run stopper, and for whatever reason we traded him. Im still trying to figure it out. We need to get some run stopping DT's and a Middle Linebacker who can stop the run, who is a bad ass and not finess like DJ Willians is.

We are litterally wasting the prime of one of, if not the best DB ever. Our pass defense is fine. We need run stoppers, and on the offensive end, we need someone who can stretch the field, and a play maker at runninback, Henry is nice, when he is not getting blazed. But we need someone who can make huge plays. That is what we are missing imo.

Go Broncos.
Our pass d sucks,we get killed.....+1 with the rest
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Re: We are headed in a downward spiral! 

Post#6 » by Elway=GOAT » Fri Nov 2, 2007 11:37 am

lakerboy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Our pass d sucks,we get killed.....+1 with the rest

Our pass D is fine, regardless of the Monday night game. If Champ is healthy that first td dosent happen. In that Green Bay game, there were two big passing plays. The one Champ got toasted on, as mentioned above, and the one Bly got toasted on obviously, outside of that there was not many big plays from Green Bay.

The bigger issue, imo, is the fact Green Bay actually could run the ball on us. They have absolutley the worst running game in the league, and thats not as debate, and they were semi successful running on us.

We are 6th in yards given up via the pass. 186 yards a game.

Dead last in rush defense, giving up 166 yards a game.

Having no inside linbackers, or bad ass DT's to stop the run is going to be our downfall this year. I was hoping they would take a look at Grady Jackson, one of the better run stopping DT's. The addition of just one run stopping DT or MLB would completely change the defense. Probably the outcome of alot of games as well.
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#7 » by djtruebeliever » Sun Nov 4, 2007 9:02 pm

and they continue to be awesome.
:nonono:
I'm in Kokokiko!
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#8 » by djtruebeliever » Sun Nov 4, 2007 9:02 pm

and Cutler is injured too now.
I'm in Kokokiko!
legendarywalton
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by legendarywalton » Sun Nov 4, 2007 9:08 pm

Finally, a reason to get rid of underachieving Shannahan! Disorganized, unemotional, and absolutely pathetic. I can't figure out if Shanny is a worse player personnel manager, or a coach. Good thing we've already traded away two picks for next year, should be fun rebuilding an offensive and defensive line COMPLETELY without those. Come on Cowher!
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by MHZ » Thu Nov 8, 2007 10:58 pm

Maybe we should just face the facts that the Broncos simply aren't very good - especially with all of the injuries. Not having Javon Walker all season is brutal.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#11 » by Elway=GOAT » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:34 am

legendarywalton wrote:Finally, a reason to get rid of underachieving Shannahan! Disorganized, unemotional, and absolutely pathetic. I can't figure out if Shanny is a worse player personnel manager, or a coach. Good thing we've already traded away two picks for next year, should be fun rebuilding an offensive and defensive line COMPLETELY without those. Come on Cowher!

Shanny is a fine coach, I think he is one of the better coaches in football actually. Everytime we play the Pats he out coaches belicheat. He like Holmgram has too much responsibilty. He needs to pick one or the other, seems things never turn out well when the coach and gm are the same guy.

Personally, I would rather have him as te coach. He has never been a great talent evaluator imo.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by MHZ » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:15 pm

No, he really hasn't been a great talent evaluator.
milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#13 » by milehigh » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:28 pm

No need to panic for once in a long time I think we will gel at the end of the year. We will finish 10-6 and win the divison.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by MHZ » Tue Dec 4, 2007 10:07 pm

At this point, I'd just assume they don't win another game this season. Get a good pick because this team isn't winning this year.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#15 » by Elway=GOAT » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:45 am

MHizzle wrote:At this point, I'd just assume they don't win another game this season. Get a good pick because this team isn't winning this year.

Agreed...We really need to work on the trenches. We need Oline, along with someone who can stop the run, or rush the passer, or both. Maybe a DT who is effective in both aspects of the game? Our oline in general is either old or sucks.

I also wish, we could just find a runningback and stick with him. Instead of this runningback by commity thing we have going...

This year is done, we are not going anywhere. Once thing is for sure, we need to protect Cutler. The Texans just ate us up tonight, with that pass rush good god. I have said all season we need to address the run stopping ability of our defense. But our offensive line needs to be addressed as well, especially the showings as of late.

We need to get someone in here who can develope, and evaluate talent effectivly. Because Shanny is terrible at bothl Good x's and o's guys. Normally good at getting his teams to play, we just arnt nearly as talented as we should be.
TSC25
Veteran

Post#16 » by TSC25 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:35 pm

It seemed everytime I watched the Broncos play this season,Bly was getting toasted every pass thrown his way,you think this was because of the lack of a pass rusher,or was he not as good as I thought going into this season?
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#17 » by Elway=GOAT » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:00 am

TSC25 wrote:It seemed everytime I watched the Broncos play this season,Bly was getting toasted every pass thrown his way,you think this was because of the lack of a pass rusher,or was he not as good as I thought going into this season?

Both, he is not a shut down corner by any means. He is a decent corner, but if we were in position to take a true shutdown corner, or a decent prospect outside of the first round I would not be opposed to taking one.

We have nice pass rush pieces, and prospects. I think, things would come together for them better, if we got our hands on a good run stuffer. If we can get a good MLB, move DJ back to the Outside I would be fine with that. That is if there is not a good run stuffing DT available.

We also need to beef up our OL, and a cornerstone LT would be a decent fit for that first pick too, if one were available.

We have alot of positions that we need to address and DT/LT/MLB are our top positions we need filled.

MLB is not a major concern, ala CB. But if we could get our hands on a nice LB that drops, I would not be opposed to taking him in the first if he is there.

Return to Denver Broncos