ImageImage

GT: Bucky at Washington St. - 6:30 - ABC

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,345

Re: GT: Bucky at Washington St. - 6:30 - ABC 

Post#201 » by Mags FTW » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:01 pm

The silver lining is how they came back down 18. Under Chryst that felt like a death sentence.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,128

Post#202 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:20 pm

Completely new staff and schemes. It shouldn't be surprising there have been some early struggles.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,796

Post#203 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:44 pm

Yeah. Totally unbothered long-term, just makes the hype of the season with all the new things a bit deflating. But they need to get their guys in and get the schemes in place - I get it.

Mostly incredulous about Mordecai at this point.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,133

Post#204 » by MVP2110 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:02 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Completely new staff and schemes. It shouldn't be surprising there have been some early struggles.

Yep, I'm mad at myself for buying into the hype. When the hire was first made I was adamant it would take a year or two to get the kind of players Fickell & Longo want. But then the hype train got rolling over the offseason and I foolishly bought in.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#205 » by jute2003 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:22 pm

I think lack of preparation is a thing and needs to be addressed moving forward.
only a fan, only an opinion
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#206 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:16 pm

jute2003 wrote:I think lack of preparation is a thing and needs to be addressed moving forward.

This is all a staff with a pretty good track record. I'd be worried if it was a new staff, but I am pretty confident that they're not going to have their pants down to start every game. They have brand new personnel and are figuring things out. Still should've won.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#207 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:18 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Completely new staff and schemes. It shouldn't be surprising there have been some early struggles.

Yep, I'm mad at myself for buying into the hype. When the hire was first made I was adamant it would take a year or two to get the kind of players Fickell & Longo want. But then the hype train got rolling over the offseason and I foolishly bought in.

I don't know if many people were thinking playoffs or bust for this team with the hype...I do think Mordecai has underwhelmed just a little bit and the defense has taken some lumps I didn't expect...

...all of that said, I do think they should've won that game and Wazzu is competent. Sometimes there are **** breaks and had they won by 3 or 6 on the road at Wazzu they'd be right on track. I think they can win the vast majority of these easy-ish schedule games remaining and basically be at a point of, "if those stupid fumbles and calls went differently in Pullman we'd be talking about sneaking into the playoffs."
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#208 » by MVP2110 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:57 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

I don't know if many people were thinking playoffs or bust for this team with the hype...I do think Mordecai has underwhelmed just a little bit and the defense has taken some lumps I didn't expect...

...all of that said, I do think they should've won that game and Wazzu is competent. Sometimes there are **** breaks and had they won by 3 or 6 on the road at Wazzu they'd be right on track. I think they can win the vast majority of these easy-ish schedule games remaining and basically be at a point of, "if those stupid fumbles and calls went differently in Pullman we'd be talking about sneaking into the playoffs."

I wasn't picking playoffs or anything but I thought we'd win the west. The team I saw on Saturday isn't winning the west
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#209 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:33 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

I wasn't picking playoffs or anything but I thought we'd win the west. The team I saw on Saturday isn't winning the west

Iowa looks pretty good and I think has an easy schedule but otherwise this is still the 2nd best team in the West at worst.

I won't rule out some voodoo magic from Fleck's team that always seems to play like absolute ass and Lovie Smith Bears their way to 8+ wins lately, but they have a pretty tough schedule. Their offense looks like ****, though.

Gotta beat/finish ahead of Iowa. That should be the only competition.

Not realizing that Toledo is actually pretty good this year, I think Illinois could also be in the mix for the crappy level of division this is for one final year.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#210 » by MVP2110 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:10 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

Iowa looks pretty good and I think has an easy schedule but otherwise this is still the 2nd best team in the West at worst.

I won't rule out some voodoo magic from Fleck's team that always seems to play like absolute ass and Lovie Smith Bears their way to 8+ wins lately, but they have a pretty tough schedule. Their offense looks like ****, though.

Gotta beat/finish ahead of Iowa. That should be the only competition.

Not realizing that Toledo is actually pretty good this year, I think Illinois could also be in the mix for the crappy level of division this is for one final year.

Illinois & Iowa are exactly who I was thinking of, mainly Iowa, and if we couldn't win in the trenches against Wazzu I have no idea how we will vs either of them
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#211 » by skones » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:57 pm

MVP2110 wrote:

Fair, but making it to the Big Ten Championship to be a lamb for the slaughter would be a resounding accomplishment with where this program looked like it was last season.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#212 » by MVP2110 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:47 am

skones wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Fair, but making it to the Big Ten Championship to be a lamb for the slaughter would be a resounding accomplishment with where this program looked like it was last season.

Absolutely and I've bought back in after the Purdue win. That and the rest of the Big Ten west is absolute trash so by default we should be the favorites

Return to Green Bay Packers