Vikings Lead-up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,181

Re: Vikings Lead-up 

Post#21 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:13 pm

Normally a classic let down game for the Vikes but I don't think they let down against the Pack at Lambeau. Packers are still favored by 1, which is kind of weird even at home.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#22 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:44 pm

Just flipped to Vikings by 1
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#23 » by BigDee » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:19 pm

[url]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/url]
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#24 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:36 pm

Stokes has one year left on his rookie deal so maybe they keep him around. We'll see if he miraculously stays healthy in a contract year.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#25 » by Swan Vox » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Stokes has one year left on his rookie deal so maybe they keep him around. We'll see if he miraculously stays healthy in a contract year.

I know Guety loves his RAS score athletes, but man, Asante Samuel Jr. was there for the picking the year we took Stokes. Definitely hard to account for a guy getting injured, but there have been a few times where we've just punted on consensus BPA at the position trying to get cute with measurables. (Myers over Creed also comes to mind.)
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,197

Post#26 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:40 pm

I'm not gonna blame anyone for Stokes getting constantly hurt. People forget how legit awesome he was his 1st year (believe he was the highest graded rookie cover corner). But yes, the 2021 draft class is certainly looking like a steaming pile right now.
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#27 » by Giannisland34 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:43 pm

Stokes getting hurt on a special teams play and not getting one snap on defense is insanity to me. It makes no sense. If he’s not healthy enough for regular defensive snaps, then he’s not ready and shouldn’t have been activated. What a waste of your 1st round talent. These to me are highlighted reason on why not to have Barry or LeFluer back.
Not giving Jones a carry in the Lions game until the score was 24-3 already is right next to it. Then to miss the Raiders game after. I just can’t even anymore with these jokers.
I’m going on record right now saying MLF will never have another winning record season in Green Bay. Even if he stays until Murphy retires or god help me longer. Better get use to this and losing like the old days.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#28 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:55 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:Stokes getting hurt on a special teams play and not getting one snap on defense is insanity to me. It makes no sense. If he’s not healthy enough for regular defensive snaps, then he’s not ready and shouldn’t have been activated. What a waste of your 1st round talent. These to me are highlighted reason on why not to have Barry or LeFluer back.
Not giving Jones a carry in the Lions game until the score was 24-3 already is right next to it. Then to miss the Raiders game after. I just can’t even anymore with these jokers.
I’m going on record right now saying MLF will never have another winning record season in Green Bay. Even if he stays until Murphy retires or god help me longer. Better get use to this and losing like the old days.
Stokes hasn't played any football in like a year and was frankly pretty bad when he did play CB before he got hurt so I don't think it's really that crazy to have him play some special teams to get his feet under him. The hamstring injury sucks and is probably the result of not playing for a year but he's coming back from a knee and ankle injury so it's not like they rushed him and he re-hurt the previous injury. **** situation but I don't know that anyone is really to blame.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#29 » by skones » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:32 am

Yeah dude, guy's not seen a live football snap in a minute. He's not healthy enough for defensive snaps shouldn't be a thing. Throwing him into the mixer out of the gate against a WR who's in full go mode for regular snaps, seems, like an odd decision.
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#30 » by Giannisland34 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:11 am

You both describe saying he wasn’t ready. Without saying he’s not ready and add excuses of why he’s playing on special teams only.
And have you seen some of the plays Nixon has put on tape at corner this year? Stokes at his worst has never looked that bad.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#31 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Just flipped to Vikings by 1

Back to Packers -.5
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,345

Post#32 » by crkone » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Really?

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,879

Post#33 » by RubberSoul » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:10 pm

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Really?

This coaching staff is so bad. I’m from Marshfield too so I’d like to defend my fellow Marshfieldian here but that’s just straight up wrong. Do they not think we have eyes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#34 » by Treebeard » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:30 pm

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Really?

It's also a measure of far down the pecking order Nijman has slipped. Myers has been a model of in-consistency, To my inadequate eye, Runyan looks to have regressed (lingering injury?) from last season. Newman is not an NFL starter and barely qualifies as an injury replacement.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#35 » by Treebeard » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:09 pm

Apparently neither Zaire nor Preston participated in practice Thursday. Could Preston be "veteran rest", or is there more there? At least in Preston's case LVN can play more, and of course there's Gary and Engabare too

The DB's continue to look real thin for depth.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#36 » by M-C-G » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:38 pm

I have a strange feeling. I will be happy if we win and I'll be happy if we lose. I think that Denver game sure took some wind out of the old sails.

Kind of feel like these next two or three games will dictate an absolute ton about this team and our future.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#37 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:50 pm

Just give me 10 points scored before halftime
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,197

Post#38 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:54 pm

Yep, the Raiders and Broncos losses tell me this isn't a playoff team, even if the talent is still there. We beat the Queens on the backs of the young guys looking good. Awesome. We lose and oh well. It's mock draft season and I've got the Bucks.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,979

Post#39 » by stillgotgame » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:49 pm

RubberSoul wrote:
crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Really?

This coaching staff is so bad. I’m from Marshfield too so I’d like to defend my fellow Marshfieldian here but that’s just straight up wrong. Do they not think we have eyes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stenavich clearly doesn’t like Nijman. I’ve always thought Nijman was average. What’s the point of having him on the roster if he can’t get on the field when guys are clearly way below average?

Seems like a pretty big disconnect between Gute & Stenavich. Nijman’s making $4.3M and that’s not a small amount to be throwing away.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,163

Post#40 » by Matches Malone » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:59 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?

Return to Green Bay Packers