ImageImage

Game 8: LAR @ GB - Noon - Fox

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,030

Re: Game 8: LAR @ GB - Noon - Fox 

Post#241 » by TheProdigy » Sun Nov 5, 2023 9:51 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Who's the next best in tier 2? Shedeur, Penix, Nix or McCarthy?

I like Bo Nix and Jayden Daniels in tier 2.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#242 » by Treebeard » Sun Nov 5, 2023 10:00 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Didn't have a chance to see this one yet. Love's stats look good, but was that more a product of a crappy Rams defense or him actually playing better?

I really want Love to do well, but the accuracy problems are apparent, even on a statistically good day like today. Successful throws often have more adventure in the catch than is helpful - as in he seldom hits guys in stride. When he's off, he's really off. The too frequent drops don't help the evaluation either
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#243 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 10:07 pm

His deep ball is shockingly bad. Even the big play to Watson Love threw it too late and way inside

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#244 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 10:13 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:His deep ball is shockingly bad. Even the big play to Watson Love threw it too late and way inside

Yep, while that throw was an improvement, you gotta either be on target or err on the side of missing outside (not inside) on that. A better DB picks that about half the time, and you're making your WR extremely vulnerable by turning him around.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#245 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 10:38 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:We're gonna be picking outside the top 10.

Let’s not get overly excited here. We beat a bad team at home and we’re headed for a tough stretch of the schedule the next 4 games. We will be 3-9 and right back in the driver seat for a top 5 pick. We stink.

I'll be stunned if we get a top 5 pick. I say we'll be closer to 10 than 5 for sure. There's a lot of bad teams. And there's a lot of bad teams who will be willing to lose down the stretch to improve their positioning. Sadly, we won't be one of them.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,615

Post#246 » by Frank Nova » Sun Nov 5, 2023 10:52 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:We're gonna be picking outside the top 10.

Let’s not get overly excited here. We beat a bad team at home and we’re headed for a tough stretch of the schedule the next 4 games. We will be 3-9 and right back in the driver seat for a top 5 pick. We stink.

I'll be stunned if we get a top 5 pick. I say we'll be closer to 10 than 5 for sure. There's a lot of bad teams. And there's a lot of bad teams who will be willing to lose down the stretch to improve their positioning. Sadly, we won't be one of them.

Yeah that’s definitely a valid point. The league will certainly bottom out the 2nd half of the season. But we truly aren’t a good team so even if we’re trying to win, it’s hard to imagine beating any relevant teams left on the schedule. And the schedule is full of teams that’ll be still playing for playoff seeding. Giants Bucs Panthers Bears are the only 4 teams left on the schedule you can say are “winnable” games. This is a 6 win team imo, 5 if we’re lucky, 7 if they’re lucky.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#247 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 10:54 pm

Musgrave is like a thoroughbred sub-adult golden retriever chasing a tennis ball around on a linoleum floor. Can't wait to see him when he outgrows those nerves, or whatever it is that makes him too jumpy and spazzy on occasion.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#248 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 10:57 pm

I think I read Love has a 78ish completion percentage targeting Musgrave, and that’s not factoring in potentially four missed TD between the duo (two because Love overthrew him, two because Musgrave fell down for no reason). I’m still really high on him assuming the footwork thing improves.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#249 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 11:02 pm

Also, I don’t see any chance we are worse than Bears, Cardinals, Giants, Panthers. All four of those are all-time bad teams. 5th pick is best case and I do agree closer to 10 is more likely unfortunately.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,326

Post#250 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 5, 2023 11:09 pm

How good we are compared to those four doesn't mean much when this is the NFL and weird **** happens all the time. The Packers aren't so good that they couldn't easily drop games they theoretically should win.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Post#251 » by Profound23 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 11:10 pm

I am not mad at the win, but nothing about it was exciting outside of Jaire.

Team was horrible, same mistakes as every week, Loved looked horrible for most of the game, oline sucks, and if Stafford was out there we get waxed.

If we lose next week, I think we lose (at least) 4 in a row.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,326

Post#252 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 5, 2023 11:24 pm

Profound23 wrote:I am not mad at the win, but nothing about it was exciting outside of Jaire.

Team was horrible, same mistakes as every week, Loved looked horrible for most of the game, oline sucks, and if Stafford was out there we get waxed.

I thought the line looked good. Love had all day.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#253 » by Treebeard » Sun Nov 5, 2023 11:36 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Profound23 wrote:I am not mad at the win, but nothing about it was exciting outside of Jaire.

Yeah, they did. The off-sides line up penalties were ticky-tacky things. Sean Rhyan even made an appearance and looked good from what I saw.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#254 » by -Jragon- » Sun Nov 5, 2023 11:40 pm

nice to win... the worst play for me was Aaron Jones fumble as he's covering the ball with 2 arms but let's 1 go to brace himself instead of roll. Can we even be surprised? We signed him to that huge after that horrible Tampa playoff loss where he fumbled 2 times showing he can't be trusted in the big games we need him for.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#255 » by MVP2110 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 11:44 pm

Just got back from the game and obviously haven't done any sort of rewatch yet but I'm glad the Packers took care of a bad Rams team. It wasn't perfect but a 20-3 win is solid regardless of the matchup. I thought the line was much better today which was a huge positive. I thought Love looked good today although that 1st half miss to Watson was ugly, outside of that though he made some nice throws and only had 6 incompletions(1 of which was a spike and 1 was a drop) and the receivers only having 1 drop was nice. 20 pts doesn't seem like a ton but considering 2 drives ended on inexplicable offsides calls(seriously what were the refs looking at) and one was a missed FG it feels like we could have easily got to mid 20s or 30 or so. The offense definitely needs to clean up the fumbles though

Defensively they shutdown a team they should have shutdown, so while I won't get super excited given their opponent in this one atleast the D did what it was supposed to do I can't complain about them

Overall very few complaints today, they won today pretty handedly and I'll take that. I get the people who are team tank(I was last season), but if our young guys are leading us to wins and improving throughout the season I'll gladly take a worst draft pick for it.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,311

Post#256 » by Finn » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:41 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Tankers are pissed but I still enjoy wins ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Profound23
RealGM

Post#257 » by Profound23 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 2:29 am

Finn wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Tankers are pissed but I still enjoy wins ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Too early in the season to get pissed about wins. We still have so many games against bad teams Giants, Bears, Panthers, TB.

I just wish if we were going to win we would beat Stafford instead of a QB who couldn't complete wide open passes.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#258 » by Profound23 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 2:30 am

Treebeard wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Yeah, they did. The off-sides line up penalties were ticky-tacky things. Sean Rhyan even made an appearance and looked good from what I saw.

Easily, then I watched the Eagles game as their guards lined up in the same exact spots that we got called for offsides.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#259 » by MoMM » Mon Nov 6, 2023 8:38 am

We should have kicked a FG to finish the game just to improve our stats...
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#260 » by MVP2110 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 5:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=hk9eKIJ797s8bW6Fn27Zlg&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=GLIDXydcTeOjA1sdi3GWig&s=19

Look at the top rated guys this week

Offense
1. Love
2. Rookie
3. Rookie

Defense
1. Rookie
2. Rookie
3. 3rd year guy
4. Rookie

Big week for the young guys, if young guys are delivering us wins that's a good sign.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"

Return to Green Bay Packers