Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=uE5Ija7o-s7pQ8s8YRG_Gw

:lol: :lol:
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,852

Re: GT: Wisconsin at Iowa - 2:30 - FS1 

Post#42 » by TroyD92 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:31 pm

Allen doesn’t really look like a running back to me. He moves in slow motion before he can get going
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#43 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:48 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Allen doesn’t really look like a running back to me. He moves in slow motion before he can get going

It reminds me of Dayne's disappointing second season. He's not hitting the hole fast and he takes too much contact at or behind the line of scrimmage. He needs to watch how Guerendo accelerates to the hole and do that more. Some of it is on the blocking of course, but Allen is compounding the problem. Like Dayne, it's also possible that he has bulked up a little too much. Unlike Dayne, it's all muscle, but it still may be costing him some explosiveness.

That said, I'm not nearly as worried about his athleticism as I am about his instincts, football sense, and field vision. He's patient, but being patient for the sake of being patient accomplishes nothing if you're not making the right reads. If anything, it just makes you too slow to the line of scrimmage, which we saw over and over again yesterday. Against a defense like that, you have to accept the importance of taking your 0-2 yards when you have to, instead of taking a loss because you're looking for 5+ yards every time.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 371

Post#44 » by Mtsportsfan » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:23 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Allen doesn’t really look like a running back to me. He moves in slow motion before he can get going

It reminds me of Dayne's disappointing second season. He's not hitting the hole fast and he takes too much contact at or behind the line of scrimmage. He needs to watch how Guerendo accelerates to the hole and do that more. Some of it is on the blocking of course, but Allen is compounding the problem. Like Dayne, it's also possible that he has bulked up a little too much. Unlike Dayne, it's all muscle, but it still may be costing him some explosiveness.

That said, I'm not nearly as worried about his athleticism as I am about his instincts, football sense, and field vision. He's patient, but being patient for the sake of being patient accomplishes nothing if you're not making the right reads. If anything, it just makes you too slow to the line of scrimmage, which we saw over and over again yesterday. Against a defense like that, you have to accept the importance of taking your 0-2 yards when you have to, instead of taking a loss because you're looking for 5+ yards every time.

Well said , I think he lacks the instincts , he is a powerful back but doesn't have any wiggle . purely a north south runner ! I think he will look back and think that his path to the NFL would have had a better shot as a linebacker not running back !

That being said it starts up front and our oline just got hammered! Beginning to think that from guard to guard we are too tall and slow and they just don't get the push because they are getting blown up half the time ( pad level ) I guess they are a young group and need to hit the weight room , not sold on strength and conditioning coach , it seems to me that its part of the decline of that unit over the last few years !
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,167

Post#45 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:31 pm

With the portal recruiting never stops. Lots of tampering.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,611

Post#46 » by tski1972 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:05 am

Brent Moss has passed away at the age of 50.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,167

Post#47 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:09 am

tski1972 wrote:Brent Moss has passed away at the age of 50.

Holy **** :(
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,351

Post#48 » by Mags FTW » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:14 am

Life got rough for him. This is from 2017 when he was only 45.

Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 371

Post#49 » by Mtsportsfan » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:27 am

Just sad too young rip ! And Virginia ! That sucks and former UW player Devin Chandler gone , by all accounts he sounded like a stand up young man ,horrible!!!!

Return to Green Bay Packers