Game 6: Packers at Broncos - 3:25 - CBS

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: Game 6: Packers at Broncos - 3:25 - CBS 

Post#421 » by MoMM » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:46 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Anyone else feel like the play calling has been really vanilla the last two weeks? I am guessing we had to dumb some things down because of all the young guys, but I just don't think any of the misdirection stuff, crossing routes, clever stuff has really been there much.

And this Offensive Line looks like trash. Not use to saying that with the Packers. Myers, Runyan, Newman all look absolutely terrible. Walker I think was an undrafted or late drafted guy, just don't think he is ready to be a starting tackle. Which probably is the answer to my question above now that I think about it.

I think your 2nd point nailed it. To me it seemed like MLF called yesterday's game like he didn't trust the OL to hold up.

If our HC can't trust our OL against the worst D in the league, we have bigger problems.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,133

Post#422 » by MVP2110 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:53 pm

MoMM wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Anyone else feel like the play calling has been really vanilla the last two weeks? I am guessing we had to dumb some things down because of all the young guys, but I just don't think any of the misdirection stuff, crossing routes, clever stuff has really been there much.

And this Offensive Line looks like trash. Not use to saying that with the Packers. Myers, Runyan, Newman all look absolutely terrible. Walker I think was an undrafted or late drafted guy, just don't think he is ready to be a starting tackle. Which probably is the answer to my question above now that I think about it.

I think your 2nd point nailed it. To me it seemed like MLF called yesterday's game like he didn't trust the OL to hold up.

If our HC can't trust our OL against the worst D in the league, we have bigger problems.

Our OL is our biggest issue right now imo. The QB and receivers atleast are fairly young and developing. Jenkins & Runyan have no excuse for their play this year. Walker is young atleast too but he's also a 7th round pick so not sure how much better he'll actually get. Tom is atleast a stud
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#423 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:58 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
MoMM wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Our OL is our biggest issue right now imo. The QB and receivers atleast are fairly young and developing. Jenkins & Runyan have no excuse for their play this year. Walker is young atleast too but he's also a 7th round pick so not sure how much better he'll actually get. Tom is atleast a stud

Add Myers in the problem bucket too. Jenkins should be our best player and Tom seems to be the only one that is any good this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#424 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:29 pm

If your O only works with an elite Oline then it's a problem with your scheme. Oline play sucks around the league and plenty of teams are getting more out of less.

With that said they need to draft a T early next draft.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,295

Post#425 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:40 pm

Read on Twitter

In the letter justifying the four games they said it was also because he's been doing this throughout the season.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#426 » by ReginaldDwight » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

In the letter justifying the four games they said it was also because he's been doing this throughout the season.

dude lands one of these everyweek, just a totally unnecessary hit, the "alpha" types will whine about making the NFL soft, but that dude is 100 percent a dirty player
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Post#427 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:05 am

MoMM wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

My theory is MLF wanted to call a super qb-friendly game—easy reads, short passes—to try to get Love back on track after 2 rough games. Try to get some confidence back. Because right now Love clearly has no idea what to throw and what not to throw.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#428 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:50 am

MVP2110 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Do you not see #0 just standing there between Love & Doubs that Love has to use a pump fake to clear a path for the throw? Or how else do you expect Love to get past the ball past him?

0 absolutely disrupted that play, it could have been a pick six if he threw it on the first set. Also I love Doubs but he had that right in both hands at the goal line. He **** up and Reed bailed him out.

Yea the way Love used a pump fake to clear #0 and then side armed a perfect pass to Doubs yesterday was awesome, certainly one of his best plays of the game and if anyone calling it a bad play on his part they are just wrong.
Yeah, upon more views I realize I was wrong.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,133

Post#429 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=QGm_x6F9W33c9-Pyis_McQ&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,802

Post#430 » by Ayt » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:59 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this video. MLF calls a great play here that should be a big gain. Unfortunately Runyan misses his block and it goes for 4 yards instead of double digits

My god, that is awful by Runyan. He's not a starting caliber player.

A lot of us have been **** on Dillon, me included, but if you go back and watch every play you see this type of complete disaster upfront on a lot of his runs.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#431 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:26 pm

Ayt wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this video. MLF calls a great play here that should be a big gain. Unfortunately Runyan misses his block and it goes for 4 yards instead of double digits

A lot of us have been **** on Dillon, me included, but if you go back and watch every play you see this type of complete disaster upfront on a lot of his runs.

My buddy and I were specifically watching how many tackles he had to break to get back to the line of scrimmage and it was usually 2 or 3 while we were counting. Dillon disappoints for sure but either the way we are blocking or designs of how we are using him are ****.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#432 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:29 pm

Dillon at this point is a bad running back. Maybe it's past running style, or the crazy amount of carries he had coming into the league. But whatever the reason is, he runs like he doesn't care about picking up that important second contract. He needs to run like he's being shot out of a cannon, and instead he runs like a little scat-back trying to find a hole.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,134

Post#433 » by Dennis Reynolds » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:38 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This guy Andy Herman, like most of the Packers beat reporters/podcast fools I run into on twitter, is a generational agenda pusher. He says there's plenty to criticize about MLF's play calling but decides to post a clip of a player screwing up MLF's perfect play call. I quickly went through his timeline and sure as hell didn't notice one clip of MLF's play calling costing us despite him saying there's plenty to be critical of but he went out of his way to post how a lineman screwed up MLF's great play call which is very interesting if you ask me. Looking at the comments under his twitter post and some posts here, you'll see pretty much every single comment focus on the bad O-line play feeding into the confirmation bias that the O-line has been the real problem all along.

Read on Twitter

On the other hand he spent most of this clip bitching about how useless Barry is while just skimming through the part where someone missed a huge tackle for -3 yards in the 1st part of the clip and didn't even mention another missed tackle in the 2nd part of the clip which lead to Broncos TD.

tl;dr
MLF has been bad but I like him so let me focus on the time he was let down by players while I hate Barry who was hired by MLF btw so let's focus on the time(s) he screwed up.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#434 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:53 pm

Man, if you're reading Andy Herman that's a you problem.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#435 » by CWoodfan » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:22 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Ayt wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter

My buddy and I were specifically watching how many tackles he had to break to get back to the line of scrimmage and it was usually 2 or 3 while we were counting. Dillon disappoints for sure but either the way we are blocking or designs of how we are using him are ****.

Nothing like Packer fans squabbling over whether who is worse the RB or the Offensive Lineman.

Why not both?

I mean, would anyone care if Runyan or Dillon was not back in 2024?

Throw in Josiah "diving at air" Degaura pretending to throw blocks as the H-Back and and you have quite the 2020 draft class trifecta being showcased each Sunday.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,134

Post#436 » by Dennis Reynolds » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:24 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Man, if you're reading Andy Herman that's a you problem.

Already said it but I could never understand some of the opinions here, for example, how in the world was a guy who called plays for a bottom 5 offense considered a genius among many other things but the more I see guys here reference these fools as a source of their Packers news and analysis, the more it's starting to make sense. There must be a better way to get your Packers fix is all I'm trying to say.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#437 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:41 pm

CWoodfan wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Ayt wrote:

Nothing like Packer fans squabbling over whether who is worse the RB or the Offensive Lineman.

Why not both?

Sure! I'm not liking any of the OL, Dillons running or the playcalling using Dillon. I think we are calling plays like Jones is in the game and it has been a relative disaster. I've got 10 lbs of blame for a 5 lb bag right now with this team.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#438 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:43 pm

Dennis Reynolds wrote:

Already said it but I could never understand some of the opinions here, for example, how in the world was a guy who called plays for a bottom 5 offense considered a genius among many other things but the more I see guys here reference these fools as a source of their Packers news and analysis, the more it's starting to make sense. There must be a better way to get your Packers fix is all I'm trying to say.

The easy answer is the offense has looked good in years past. This isn't a McCarthy offense where guys are required to win one-on-one battles on the sidelines. There's absolutely no shortage of plays (even the last two years with below average targets) where dudes are running wide open.

As for why they aren't getting the ball, I have no idea. That's where All-22 Guy loses me. I don't know where to assign blame, I just know that it's been bad.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#439 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:01 pm

I'm not a MLF hater but if his O can't function with this current level of line play then it's a problem with his scheme. Because there just aren't enough good O-lineman league wide so this is about average and you just have to make it work.

I'm by no means some expert on play design but I've noticed some run plays this year with some insanely hard reach block assignments. He might want to tone that down a bit.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#440 » by skones » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:02 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:

The easy answer is the offense has looked good in years past. This isn't a McCarthy offense where guys are required to win one-on-one battles on the sidelines. There's absolutely no shortage of plays (even the last two years with below average targets) where dudes are running wide open.

As for why they aren't getting the ball, I have no idea. That's where All-22 Guy loses me. I don't know where to assign blame, I just know that it's been bad.

Yes, Aaron Rodgers. That's the answer.

Return to Green Bay Packers