Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,170

Lions Lead Up 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:28 am

11/7 Noon - Fox

Packers favored by 3.5

Lions score a lot and give up a lot
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Re: Lions Lead Up 

Post#2 » by Treebeard » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:01 am

At Detroit, if that makes a difference....
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#3 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:06 pm

As bad as the season has gone, you win this and we're right back in the playoff hunt with how wide open the NFC is outside of Philly.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:16 pm

We're 5-5 against the Kitties the last 10 games although 2 of them were season ending games where we sat guys. Seems like we always play poorly in Detroit.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,334

Post#5 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:52 pm

Need another L.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,879

Post#6 » by RubberSoul » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:52 pm

This is the tipping point for the season for me. Lose this and I’m all aboard the tank. Win it and then beat Dallas who knows what could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#7 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:28 pm

RubberSoul wrote:This is the tipping point for the season for me. Lose this and I’m all aboard the tank. Win it and then beat Dallas who knows what could happen.

Yep, exactly where I'm at too. If we lose Sunday, I'm all in on tanking. But knowing the Packers, they'll lose Sunday and then somehow find a way to win against the Cowboys to hurt the tanking chances.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:10 pm

I don't care about any other game, somehow beat McCarthy and Jones.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#9 » by LUKE23 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:30 pm

Packers pick 11 if season ended today. Get this **** tank rolling 2013-14 Bucks style.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#10 » by CWoodfan » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:33 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Packers pick 11 if season ended today. Get this **** tank rolling 2013-14 Bucks style.

I love your take, but I see the Pack currently at #13, though with a chance to vault into the top 10 with a key loss to the defenseless Lions.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Then again, anyone excited about Gooter taking another defensive player in round 1?
th87
RealGM
And1: 9,737

Post#11 » by th87 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:24 pm

CWoodfan wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Packers pick 11 if season ended today. Get this **** tank rolling 2013-14 Bucks style.

I love your take, but I see the Pack currently at #13, though with a chance to vault into the top 10 with a key loss to the defenseless Lions.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Then again, anyone excited about Gooter taking another defensive player in round 1?

I still think the draft is random within their respective tiers. No GM is better at picking than another. If your pick works, you're a genius, and if it doesn't, you suck.

Accordingly, it would be insanely bad luck to draft as poorly as he apparently has. I think something else is going on - like player development sucks or something. Or the coordination overall.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#12 » by LUKE23 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:29 pm

I think there is a strong focus on athletes and we sometimes disregard how good they actually are at playing football (instincts, tackling, etc). Now, I want to draft athletes, but right now you have guys like Savage and Stokes, with all the athleticism and burst in the world, looking like absolute clowns on the field. Wyatt is a freak of nature athletically but isn't seeing the field at age 24.

As I have said many times, I think the defensive issues are more coaching and "not maximizing your personnel or putting your personnel in a position to succeed" related. I do think if they find the right DC this defense can dominate. The O just has issues across the board - massive OL regression due to injuries/too much moving guys around, lack of explosion/separation ability across the board at WR/TE, Rodgers/MLF debate on offensive philosophy, MLF/AR playcalling and/or not sticking to the run, and Rodgers regression/disinterest.
th87
RealGM

Post#13 » by th87 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:38 pm

Nice going Gute. Not sure why our big stars have been wanting to leave at all costs lately, but we'd better figure it out.

Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 1, 2022 3:13 am

th87 wrote:Nice going Gute. Not sure why our big stars have been wanting to leave at all costs lately, but we'd better figure it out.

Read on Twitter

When you have the highest paid QB, LT, CB, NT, 4th highest paid WR, and a litany of other high priced vets, some are going to be cut or leave. Kinda the way a salary cap works. I feel like that somehow gets lost around here.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#15 » by Treebeard » Tue Nov 1, 2022 3:23 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
th87 wrote:Nice going Gute. Not sure why our big stars have been wanting to leave at all costs lately, but we'd better figure it out.

Read on Twitter

When you have the highest paid QB, LT, CB, NT, 4th highest paid WR, and a litany of other high priced vets, some are going to be cut or leave. Kinda the way a salary cap works. I feel like that somehow gets lost around here.

That and Z was coming off a significant back problem - which are often chronic recurring issues. So far Z has dodged that bullet, so kudos to him and good luck for the Vikes :-? . The Packers were already in the soup with significant rehab/recovery issues with Bahk, Jenkins, Tonyan, and others, so....
th87
RealGM

Post#16 » by th87 » Tue Nov 1, 2022 4:08 am

ReasonablySober wrote:

Read on Twitter

Not saying we can afford everyone, but for those who left/wanted to leave, there was this sentiment of "get me the f out of GB at all costs."

Rodgers, Adams, and Z were dead set on leaving, even with fair contracts. That seems worth thinking about.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 1, 2022 4:14 am

th87 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Read on Twitter

Not saying we can afford everyone, but for those who left/wanted to leave, there was this sentiment of "get me the f out of GB at all costs."

Rodgers, Adams, and Z were dead set on leaving, even with fair contracts. That seems worth thinking about.

Adams yes, the other two weren't. Rodgers could have not signed an extension and forced his way out, and Z was pissed he was cut. I don't know what you're doing there.
th87
RealGM

Post#18 » by th87 » Tue Nov 1, 2022 9:35 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
th87 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Adams yes, the other two weren't. Rodgers could have not signed an extension and forced his way out, and Z was pissed he was cut. I don't know what you're doing there.

I'd put Rodgers there too until they broke out the full court press to tell him how much they loved him (and trashed their cap in the process). I think with Z there was some complaint about how they weren't communicating with him.

To me, this draws attention to the FO's ability to manage egos.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 1, 2022 11:38 am

Z missed a season with back surgery. Then, after he was cut, he claimed no one asked how he was doing after the surgery (highly doubtful). Sounds like he was butthurt he was cut. As was pointed out, in a salary cap league you can't keep everyone.

His cap number was going to be $27.6 million. Instead of a new deal they decided to cut bait and use the money on others. Given the back surgery it was the right call. Sure 20/20 hindsight, etc... Tough decisions have to be made.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#20 » by M-C-G » Tue Nov 1, 2022 2:56 pm

Season on the line. Lose this one and pack it in. Probably pushed the rebuild out one year too long but had to try

Return to Green Bay Packers