Global Mod
And1: 46,166

Titans Lead Up 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:59 am

Quick turnaround, Thursday 7:15. Prime/Channel 6

We'll see a whole lot of Derrick Henry.

Pack favored by 2.5

Let's go!!!!!
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,956

Re: Titans Lead Up 

Post#2 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:22 am

Thursday games favor the more physical team. Asking this defense to tackle Henry all night on short rest is a tough job.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,351

Post#3 » by Mags FTW » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:38 am

I would say it's a rare opportunity to play a team with WRs as bad as ours, but then again the Giants beat us.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,315

Post#4 » by humanrefutation » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:11 am

I hope we don't see Amari out there on returns anymore.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#5 » by DrWood » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:07 am

What's the over/under on Derrick Henry yards? 150?
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#6 » by Treebeard » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:39 pm

DrWood wrote:What's the over/under on Derrick Henry yards? 150?

Ooof.... Have Walker or McDuffie spy him most of the game, at least to slow him down?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,157

Post#7 » by Matches Malone » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:03 pm

If we can get Cobb back, that will be huge. He was making some plays earlier in the year and we need someone to take over the intermediate game again. Punt returns would be a bonus if they move on from Amari.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,334

Post#8 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:20 pm

Must L.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Post#9 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:12 pm

Treebeard wrote:
DrWood wrote:What's the over/under on Derrick Henry yards? 150?

Ooof.... Have Walker or McDuffie spy him most of the game, at least to slow him down?

I was worried last time Henry would kill us too, then Pettine came out w those wide 5-6 man fronts and we totally shut him down.

Be interesting to see if Barry tries anything different.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:05 pm

I can't imagine watching the game, any game, hoping for a loss. **** that. **** draft position. Tons of busts all over the draft. Let's lose and draft another Mandarich second or Hawk fifth. **** that. I'm under no illusion that this is a good team right now. But I watch football for enjoyment. I enjoyed the hell out of the game yesterday and I hope to have more wins this season.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:21 pm

Wins or losses with this team all lead to the same place with the same guys. Not contending. So if the Packers won't contend I at least want a reward for watching a garbage season. A loss yesterday could have given you hope for Watson AND put you in position for the #1 WR, OLB, DE/DT, or TE. Hell, the next franchise QB.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:39 pm

Our last 2 hall of Fame QB's were drafted second round and late first. Our last great WR second round. Bakhtiari and Jenkins, 4th and 2nd.

Goff and Wentz went 1,2. Trubisky 2.

Look at all the WR busts drafted before Jefferson.

If we lose a bunch and get a higher pick, fine, it may work out. I just personally won't spend 3.5 hours watching them and rooting for a loss. Same place same guys so I'll root for the win and be happy, not pissed off, if they do win. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't imagine watching the great game yesterday and coming away being pissed off because it cost them draft position.

To each their own.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,979

Post#13 » by stillgotgame » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:49 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Our last 2 hall of Fame QB's were drafted second round and late first. Our last great WR second round. Bakhtiari and Jenkins, 4th and 2nd.

If we lose a bunch and get a higher pick, fine, it may work out. I just personally won't spend 3.5 hours watching them and rooting for a loss. Same place same guys so I'll root for the win and be happy, not pissed off, if they do win. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't imagine watching the great game yesterday and coming away being pissed off because it cost them draft position.

To each their own.

It was great to win. High draft picks would be nice, but to root for us to lose? No chance.
At the worse Rodgers got his trade value back up yesterday. He was almost perfect. Certainly is a better deep thrower than dumping off WR screens.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:09 am

Yesterday would have been the definition of a good loss. Rodgers looked...better? Not great and not within a galaxy of his MVP level, but not terrible. The offensive line played well, and you finally saw what the Packers hoped they would get in Watson. A loss wouldn't have changed any of it. A Crosby miss doesn't negate anything. Literally the only thing it meant is that the Packers went from the #5 position to the #14 position. If you want to say that's meaningless and the draft is a crapshoot, that's fine. But I'd like to at least be in position to take the best possible players.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,979

Post#15 » by stillgotgame » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:30 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Yesterday would have been the definition of a good loss. Rodgers looked...better? Not great and not within a galaxy of his MVP level, but not terrible. The offensive line played well, and you finally saw what the Packers hoped they would get in Watson. A loss wouldn't have changed any of it. A Crosby miss doesn't negate anything. Literally the only thing it meant is that the Packers went from the #5 position to the #14 position. If you want to say that's meaningless and the draft is a crapshoot, that's fine. But I'd like to at least be in position to take the best possible players.

You’re delusional. Rodgers dropped the ball in perfectly over and over again. He was fantastic. If Watson wouldn’t have jogged on the other deep route that’s another TD. Please tell me what he could’ve done better?

You should be a Cowboys fan. Dak’s cap number is $49M next year and $51M in 2024. He hit Rudy Ford square in the chest with 2 of his passes.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:42 am

stillgotgame wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Yesterday would have been the definition of a good loss. Rodgers looked...better? Not great and not within a galaxy of his MVP level, but not terrible. The offensive line played well, and you finally saw what the Packers hoped they would get in Watson. A loss wouldn't have changed any of it. A Crosby miss doesn't negate anything. Literally the only thing it meant is that the Packers went from the #5 position to the #14 position. If you want to say that's meaningless and the draft is a crapshoot, that's fine. But I'd like to at least be in position to take the best possible players.

You’re delusional. Rodgers dropped the ball in perfectly over and over again. He was fantastic. If Watson wouldn’t have jogged on the other deep route that’s another TD. Please tell me what he could’ve done better?

You should be a Cowboys fan. Dak’s cap number is $49M next year and $51M in 2024. He hit Rudy Ford square in the chest with 2 of his passes.

Okay Rodgers was perfect. Could not have asked for anything more. Way to literally miss the entire point I was making.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#17 » by MVP2110 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:50 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Our last 2 hall of Fame QB's were drafted second round and late first. Our last great WR second round. Bakhtiari and Jenkins, 4th and 2nd.

To each their own.

Honestly curious, when the whole Winning takes Balls thing was happening with the Bucks, did you want the Bucks to tank or were you rooting for losses? I know most of the Bucks board was cheering for losses but don't want to speak for you specifically
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:15 am

MVP2110 wrote:

To each their own.

Honestly curious, when the whole Winning takes Balls thing was happening with the Bucks, did you want the Bucks to tank or were you rooting for losses? I know most of the Bucks board was cheering for losses but don't want to speak for you specifically

Fair question. I don't consider it apples to apples. If you make the NFL playoffs you have a shot at the title (Packers won as the last seed). Not true in the NBA. You need to be a top 4 seed. Football you find multiple hall of famers, all pros and starters throughout the 7 rounds. You don't get as many shots in the NBA.

Interestingly the Bucks won a championship by drafting ZERO lottery picks. Brook is the only lottery pick and he was a free agent. The two lottery picks we had, Jabari and Thon, were busts. I was ambivalent about the winning takes balls thing. I was tired of always shooting for the 8 seed and no shot at a title so why not try something else.

But at the end of the day while it was fun to do the billboard and generate some buzz it didn't actually take balls (lottery picks) to win the title anyway.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#19 » by MVP2110 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:38 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

To each their own.

Fair question. I don't consider it apples to apples. If you make the NFL playoffs you have a shot at the title (Packers won as the last seed). Not true in the NBA. You need to be a top 4 seed. Football you find multiple hall of famers, all pros and starters throughout the 7 rounds. You don't get as many shots in the NBA.

Interestingly the Bucks won a championship by drafting ZERO lottery picks. Brook is the only lottery pick and he was a free agent. The two lottery picks we had, Jabari and Thon, were busts. I was ambivalent about the winning takes balls thing. I was tired of always shooting for the 8 seed and no shot at a title so why not try something else.

But at the end of the day while it was fun to do the billboard and generate some buzz it didn't actually take balls (lottery picks) to win the title anyway.

I certainly won't tell anyone how to fan, I was just curious if you were always anti tanking or for it in certain circumstances.

As for myself, I am on team tank, even if we make the playoffs I dont see our defense(specifically the lack of a pass rush with no Gary) as being good enough to win a Superbowl. That said if they can defeat Tennessee & Philly maybe they can reel me back in. But I'd much rather be in a position to have a top 5-10 pick then to be between 7 & 9 wins. That's no man's land
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#20 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:12 am

Again not apples to apples at all as I explained. Lots of differences in making the playoffs vs chance to win a title, lots of differences in drafting. Anyway, our 15 win tank season was a failure. Whatever, I'll be at Lambeau Thursday night hoping for a win. Root for whoever you want, I'm out on this one

Return to Green Bay Packers