ImageImage

Michael Turner Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Michael Turner Thread 

Post#1 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:56 am

Let's make this one similar to the Moss thread. We've been mentioned the most for Turner with maybe the exception being Buffalo. Now the rumor is something along the lines of Turner for a swap our first round draft picks, which would put us at #30 overall.

If that's all we have to do to get Turner, I'm all for it. The guy is going to become a stud in the league and we do have a weakness at RB. Then if we get that #30 pick, we could use it on someone like Greg Olsen (if he's still there), or one of the WRs that would still remain, probably Meacham and Bowe.

Thoughts on Turner?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,175

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 2, 2007 12:16 pm

I've heard the swap of first rounders plus a third. I don't know, Turner does look pretty good. He's only 24 and only 157 carries under his belt. It's pretty tempting. I'd like to try to keep our first and maybe offer a third this year and a fourth next year or something like that. I agree that Buffalo is probably our strongest competition for him if we do decide to go after him.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#3 » by eagle13 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:21 pm

San Diego Union Tribune listed 4 teams intersted in Turner and Pack was NOT one of them. Bills were and they have #12. They badly need RB as well as CB. So IF Chrgers are willing to swap - Bills have big advantiage over us and TT is not going to outbid anybody. He doesn't do that.

I'd love Turner as Pack but it will NOT happen.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,775

Post#4 » by DanoMac » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:29 pm

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... ?sport=NFL

"The latest Green Bay trade talk" reportedly has the Packers sending the No. 16 pick to San Diego for Michael Turner and the No. 30 choice.

A Turner rumor that actually makes sense. The Bills and Titans may also have interest in acquiring the Chargers' restricted free agent backup.

Also, Turner's 25.
KeyRabbit
Rookie
And1: 38

Post#5 » by KeyRabbit » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:06 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I've heard the swap of first rounders plus a third. I don't know, Turner does look pretty good. He's only 24 and only 157 carries under his belt. It's pretty tempting. I'd like to try to keep our first and maybe offer a third this year and a fourth next year or something like that. I agree that Buffalo is probably our strongest competition for him if we do decide to go after him.

I see what you mean, but I don't value the #16 pick that highly (as compared to the #30)--I think if the Packers are not truly comfortable with Morency as the feature back and all they'd have to do is drop 14 spots, they're likely to get a player who's in the same range as what they'd get at 16. A lot of the mock drafts have some of the big-name WRs going at the end of the first, so we could still do well there.
RealGM
And1: 9,806

Post#6 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:56 pm

Like cougar says, it was reported that the Pack aren't in the running, but it seems like we have some conflicting rumors now. I've been on the Michael Turner bandwagon for some time now, so I'd love the move so long as we don't have to give up too much to get him. The rumor posted from rotoworld would be great - if all it took was swapping firsts I'd do that in a second.

I, again, wish the Jerrious Norwood rumors wouldn't have died out.
Reggie White
Junior
And1: 5

Post#7 » by Reggie White » Wed Apr 4, 2007 1:47 am

Did you know that Morency was a high 3rd round pick just two years ago? (Taken 73rd overall by Houston in the 2005 NFL Draft) We definitely saw potential with him last year. I agree that Thompson won't overpay with draft picks to try and get a "sure thing" like Turner.

I would like to see them try and get a solid running back in the second round (could Antonio Pittman be there when the Packers pick?) and instead take TE Greg Olsen.
LB's Pack
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by LB's Pack » Wed Apr 4, 2007 9:52 am

Packers aren't pursuing RB Turner

The Green Bay Packers aren

Return to Green Bay Packers