Round 3, Pick 98 (Supplemental Pick)
Round 4, Pick 131
Round 4, Pick 136 (Supplemental Pick)
Round 5, Pick 169
Round 5, Pick 173
Round 7, Pick 242

Courtesy of Pacersin2007

Major Needs: DT, LB, RB, WR, S (depth)

In most mocks, I've seen us take mostly OLB Laurence Timmons, OLB Jon Beason, and DT Justin Harrell. For note, the Colts have not taken a LB earlier than Round 3 since Marcus Washington. I think DT is our most glaring need, but outside of Branch and Okoye there is not much seperation from those compared to the rest of the pack. Thus, it would not surprise me to see the Colts take the best player on their board if it fills any of those needs. I wouldn't rule out guys like Dwayne Jarret, Brian Leonard, Sidney Rice, Brandon Meriweather, etc.

Here's who I like realistically for the Colts:
(some are first round talent, others aren't)

DT:
1. Justin Harrell, Tennessee
2. Ray McDonald, Florida
3. Turk McBride, Tennessee
Sleeper: Jay Alford, Penn State

LB:
1. Laurence Timmons, FSU
2. Jon Beason, Miami
3. Rufus Alexander, OU
Sleeper: Justin Durant, Hampton

RB:
1. Brian Leonard, Rutgers
2. Tony Hunt, PSU
3. Lorenzo Booker, FSU
Sleeper: Kolby Smith, Louisville

WR:
1. Sidney Rice, South Carolina
2. Steve Smith. USC
3. Anthony Gonzalez, OSU
Sleeper: Laurent Robinson, Illinois State

S:
1. Brandon Meriweather, Miami
2. Eric Weddle, Utah
3. Aaron Rouse, VT
Sleeper: Marvin White, TCU

Discuss your own take.
List UPDATED 4/13
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#2 » by RickRoll_inDC » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:54 pm

imo, i dont think that DT is that big of a need. LB is a HUGE hole. i'm really hoping that Posluszny drops to us. i'd probobly go with a DT in the 3rd round though. maybe one of the guys from Tennessee
19-13 on game threads
Pacersin2007
Sophomore

Post#3 » by Pacersin2007 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 9:49 pm

I've seen Harrell in a lot of mocks too, biut I'm looking for a Timmons pick as well because I think it makes the most sense for us.

If by some luck we could get Posluszny, I'd be drolling all over it (a la Pacers getting Granger). I would probably even try and trade up a few spots for him. It isn't often a top 10 player drops to 32.
A-Town Connection
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by A-Town Connection » Tue Apr 3, 2007 8:56 pm

As a Vols fan, Harrell is a beast. As long as he is healthy, he is a guy who will develp into a Booger type DT. I would love him, but i personally would mind trading down. From the needs we have, I could see us get a few more picks due to the depth at a few of those postions. I love Meriweather, even thou that isnt that pressing of a need
Pacersin2007
Sophomore

Post#5 » by Pacersin2007 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:13 pm

I like the idea of trading down as well. No sense in paying a player first round money when we can take them a half dozen picks later in the second round, right?
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#6 » by PR07 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:53 pm

Found this on Louisville's LB Nate Harris:

Nate Harris/LB/Louisville: The 231-pound linebacker ran times of 4.46 and 4.51 seconds in the 40. He also posted a vertical jump of 36 inches and looked good in drills. Harris is now being considered in the mid-to-late rounds by teams like the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts.
Pacersin2007
Sophomore

Post#7 » by Pacersin2007 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 1:29 am

Nice 40 time.
ajizzle
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by ajizzle » Wed Apr 4, 2007 5:40 pm

I would love to trade down and save more money vs. the cap and possibly pick up another late-round selection in the process. I still like Harrell at DT, b/c we know we can pick LBs late and still have great success. But half our starting DL was picked in the top half of the 1st rd, and even Corey Simon was 6th overall his year. There are a lot of LBs, DBs, and Ss that we can make fit our scheme, but there aren't a lot of DTs who can. Let's focus on them first.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by PR07 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 9:19 pm

-KFFL has learned the Indianapolis Colts interviewed Texas Tech DE Keyunta Dawson April 2-3.

-KFFL has learned the Indianapolis Colts met with Northwestern OG Ryan Keenan.

-KFFL has learned that the Indianapolis Colts met with Wisconsin CB Roderick Rogers
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by PR07 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 3:46 am

Yahoo has some clips up for most of the top prospects:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=2

Feel free to check it out.
BillyBongThorton
Junior

Post#11 » by BillyBongThorton » Sun Apr 8, 2007 5:58 am

Trust Me... DT is a HUGE need of ours. Its gotta be Harrell if hes there... if not we trade down and save cash and get more players. i see none of you guys spoke of freddie keiaho. he is ready to step in and take over in indy. if we draft laurence timmons he wouldnt start for a year, hes more of a project player (but has tons of potential). i would say we go with harrell in first, buster davis in early 3rd. if any of yous dont know about buster davis... he is a run stopper that would knock you head clean off. most mocks got him slippin to the mid 3rd. Puz would not fit into our system... polian knows this, i know this, a few fans dont know this. jon BEASON would be the most ideal pick if we were going to draft a LBer. i love this dude. would not be disapointed at all to see us draft this guy.

My Ideal Draft...
1st. Harrell
3rd (EDGE) Buster
3rd Irons
4th WR
4th (Thorton) S
5th OT
5th (Tripplett) CB
7th OLB
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by PR07 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 4:30 pm

Even with Keiaho penciled in as the successor to Cato on the weak side, we still have a need for a LB on the other outside spot. Gilbert Gardner/Rob Morris are set to battle for that spot right now as it stands, and as admirably as Morris played last season, I don't see him or Gardner as the longterm starter at that position. I'd also agree though that we could find a solid Cover 2 'backer later in the draft (someone like Rufus Alexander, Justin Durant, etc.), so we don't necessarily have to spend a first round pick on one. Buster Davis is certainly a solid football player, but can we make the switch to outside with Brackett already in the middle? That's a question I'm sure the Colts will be asking themselves.
BillyBongThorton
Junior

Post#13 » by BillyBongThorton » Sun Apr 8, 2007 4:58 pm

agreed that rob morris isnt the long term fix at LBer but he will be a starter this year with brackett. i believe that we should use the draft to make our team better. i dont think we should draft a LBer in the first when we have our LBers already set up for the 07-08 season (Keiaho, Morris, Brackett). i think we should give Keiaho a chance and see whats hes made of before we go and draft a LBer in the first. again i state that drafting harrell or trading down would be the best options for the colts in the 07 draft. BUT.... if simon feels like he can play this season.... we could very well see the colts go a very different direction in the draft. i wouldnt be suprised if we took the best player available whether it is a WR (D Jarrett), TE (only if we move Dallas to slot), maybe even Timmons. who knows... TRUST IN POLIAN. :bowdown:
A-Town Connection
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by A-Town Connection » Mon Apr 9, 2007 1:26 am

BillyBongThorton wrote:agreed that rob morris isnt the long term fix at LBer but he will be a starter this year with brackett. i believe that we should use the draft to make our team better. i dont think we should draft a LBer in the first when we have our LBers already set up for the 07-08 season (Keiaho, Morris, Brackett). i think we should give Keiaho a chance and see whats hes made of before we go and draft a LBer in the first. again i state that drafting harrell or trading down would be the best options for the colts in the 07 draft. BUT.... if simon feels like he can play this season.... we could very well see the colts go a very different direction in the draft. i wouldnt be suprised if we took the best player available whether it is a WR (D Jarrett), TE (only if we move Dallas to slot), maybe even Timmons. who knows... TRUST IN POLIAN. :bowdown:

Amen to the trust in Polian....but if he pick Gonzolaz from Ohio State...i might wonder

Return to Indianapolis Colts